Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Thread: Redskins @ Buffalo Bills

Just now, -JB- said:

How many consecutive games will the Skins not score a TD?  That is the question.  Worst team I’ve ever seen.

I would say it's the worst coached team I have ever seen. Truly appalling. A culture of people who are truly crap at their jobs. It's almost politician level ignorance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, thebeermonkey said:

I feel sorry for all the rookies on this team. Learning about losing really well.

Thing is, and I have to admit I missed the previous two games, the rookies have been showing up. The future looks kinda bright in terms of the next generation. I am still holding onto the delusion that more than 50% of the problem is coaching.

Get rid of Bruce, get a good group of coaches in, and we're at least back to .500 ball. Not that that should be the goal.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Haskins looked fine. Not sure why the team has been so scared to play him. He just needs reps. 

144 yards, no TD's. He didn't throw 4 picks, so I guess by Redskins standards, he was stellar.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 3

He's gotta learn. I don't have a problem at all with Haskins at this point. He's throwing the ball on throwing downs. So of course he's going to struggle. 

This offense played it close to the vest all game until the final moments which pissed me off the most. IMO, Kevin is a bit suspect as a play caller.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Haskins needs more reps. He processes things way too slow. He's not playing at NFL speed. Reps reps reps. And better playcalling too. Ultimately this week was a waste. What do we really gain running the ball so much with AP? We know he's a future HOF-er. And we still lost the game and got 0 TDs again. Its all about Haskins evaluation at this point.

I’d like to point out 2 things:

1. AP has 8 net yards in the second half

2. Bill and Bruce are in full 

8ECB249B-D323-49C8-A83C-DC4F0EAA17BD.jpeg.747957c7c622f1c7306b684d82ad12fb.jpeg

Mode.

They can’t, or won’t see what everybody else sees and this is a lost season and the only thing that really matters is developing Haskins.  

There is no chance Keenum doesn’t play against the Jets so Bruce and Bill can say they are close if they beat another completely suck team. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Haskins needs more reps. He processes things way too slow. He's not playing at NFL speed. Reps reps reps. And better playcalling too. Ultimately this week was a waste. What do we really gain running the ball so much with AP? We know he's a future HOF-er. And we still lost the game and got 0 TDs again. Its all about Haskins evaluation at this point.

I have no idea why O'Connell can't come up with 3 step-drop and out passes for Haskins.  Remember when RG3 was drafted, the Shannahan's basically told him to drop back, find your #1 guy, or find the bail out option in the flat.  I don't understand how one one hand Haskins is not ready to play according to the coaches, but then once he is forced to play they don't even design a particularly rookie/inexperienced type of game plan for him.    It's almost as if they don't think much of him and just want the front office to see it as much as possible for the remainder of 2019, that way they can move on ASAP. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

144 yards, no TD's. He didn't throw 4 picks, so I guess by Redskins standards, he was stellar.

Gotta learn to walk before you can run. Don’t know why people expect a HoF career right off the back. Mahomes didn’t start until week 17 and that was against a team playing backups.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

What a great off season signing of 36 year old Penn by our general manager. If he is starting next year then we are in trouble. We did not need that holding penalty at the end of the game.   W e can lose without Williams every week.

Penn has been fine. He’s not the answer but he’s been pretty friggin effective considering.