Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Thread: Redskins @ Buffalo Bills

KDawg

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I m at the point where I just want to see someone show some emotion...player, coach, someone throw a chair, yell at a team mate, destroy a trash can. Show your not ok with this crap!

The problem is they ARE okay with this crap.

I mean if the ****ing OWNER of the team is okay with it, why should anyone below him NOT be okay with it?

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The problem is they ARE okay with this crap.

I mean if the ****ing OWNER of the team is okay with it, why should anyone below him NOT be okay with it?

I doubt Dan is ok with it. I do believe he wants to win. He's just too stupid and incompetent to figure out how to do it or find the right people to do it.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

He's clearly okay with it.  If he wasn't heads would roll.

Heads DO roll. The problem is that it's just never the RIGHT heads that roll. He holds on to the most incompetent and worthless people (see Vinny and Bruce) and keeps firing everyone else. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Heads DO roll. The problem is that it's just never the RIGHT heads that roll. He holds on to the most incompetent and worthless people (see Vinny and Bruce) and keeps firing everyone else. 

Which means he doesn't care.  If he cared, Bruce would be gone years ago. 

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Which means he doesn't care.  If he cared, Bruce would be gone years ago. 

I don't think it means he doesn't care. I think it means he's incompetent, keeps himself in a bubble insulated from the outside world, and likes being surrounded by yes men. I'm sure Bruce has done a very good job of spinning to Dan how everything bad that happens is somehow everyone else's fault but his and Dan is too dumb and insulated from reality to see through his bull****. 

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I doubt Dan is ok with it. I do believe he wants to win. He's just too stupid and incompetent to figure out how to do it or find the right people to do it.

I use to believe that too, but if his own pride won't allow him to reach out to people who know football. Hire said football persons (and it starts with admitting Bruce ain't it) and give them TOTAL CONTROL, which means Dan can not get starry eyed over certain college prospects and demand they be drafted if they consensus say no. Then he absolutely is okay with how this team is currently managed.

Going run heavy aside (to ease in Haskins) I was not impressed with our play calling.

It looked like a 1970's game. The passing plays for Haskins were largely long slow developing plays.

As per usual our OL was abused at every sign of deception, all things we never try.  My favorite today was Buffalo's dual A gap blitz and then bringing the corner.  Haskins didn't fumble so there is that... the Gus lite like juggle on his scramble, aside.

11 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Just finished watching this mess.

AP looked good. 

The rest of the team team was ****. 

You have no idea what you’re talking about.  Richardson did pretty well, when they throw to McLaurin he always does well.  Defensively Matt Ioannidis played hard too.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I think at this point you wait til the end of the year to fire Bruce. Then you clean house. Find a proper GM and let him choose his people. Getting rid of Bruce now does nothing. Trade deadline is over, he’s essentially useless until free agency.

There is never a wrong time to fire Bruce Allen. It would actually do wonders for the morale of the fan base (specifically me).

Biggest takeaway: The Redskins have a decision to make, but there's one that makes sense: sticking with Dwayne Haskins. He wasn't great in his start vs. Buffalo; he also wasn't real bad. However, there was growth in some areas. Also, at 1-8, the Redskins don't have much going on for them and Case Keenum wasn't exactly on fire and they seemingly refuse to go back to Colt McCoy. Bill Callahan was non-committal, but it makes sense to stick with the rookie to see if he continues to grow.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about.  Richardson did pretty well, when they throw to McLaurin he always does well.  Defensively Matt Ioannidis played hard too.

I think all of you are missing the true high point of the game: Haskins doing a completely random high step on a scramble when a defender was about 10 yards away from him. 

34 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I don't know the record, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the 1977 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

According to Wikipedia, they only scored eleven touchdowns that year.

I think your right. They went 8 games without a TD but never 3 games in a row. Cleveland 2008 would probably be second with 6 games, but they had a 3 game streak with no TD so I guess for now we tie that team.

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

The defense was getting run over like a herd of rabbits living next to a super highway. I haven’t seen such lousy tackling in years. 

Archived