Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

skins4ever28

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So checking down and not throwing the ball downfield during a playoff game is your definition of a diva.

Interesting perspective.  

Not executing the coach's plan repeatedly on his own initiative, complaining about being chosen in the 4th by the Skins, eating up the publicity about driving his grandmas Van when making millions of dollars...YOU LIKE THAT in a game that shouldn't have gotten to that point...

yea...I call that a diva. But you are right RG3 was a Diva's Diva. No argument there

30 minutes ago, Llevron said:

. Griffin didnt do anything to the fans here but play hard and get injured.

You have got to be kidding me with this argument.  I was the last RGIII fan I knew but even I had to finally admit his attitude of throwing teammates under the bus, blaming everyone but himself for this failures, and again demanding plays be taken from the playbook was entitled, diva behavior.  He also cost us a ton in terms of picks, he was our future and we all had high hopes that he would save us. But he didn't, largely due to his attitude and refusal to adapt.  in what his 4th year he still was not taking the correct number of steps in his drops, that can't happen.     Showed he still wasn't working hard enough, an issue brought up by Steve Young after he spoke with Shanny. I was pissed when I heard that and you should have been too .  

When compared to Cousins who simply played the position he put himself in by refusing to sign and under market deal and playing well in the 2 "prove it" years and parlayed that into a great contract I fail to see how the 2 compare what so ever.  

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

BB is hardly the only head coach who discard players.  If you really believe their is loyalty in sports I have no idea what you are watching   Without knowing the dollars in your example, Steinbrenner just offered a longer deal because he wanted to lock up a good player (I'm assuming he was a good player, your example was pretty vague).  Without knowing the numbers this example does nothing to prove there is loyalty, and it's only one example from decades ago where I can give you dozens, hundreds if I really wanted to but I don't, of examples of teams showing no loyalty to players.  Ryan Kerrigan could very well experience this, how much loyalty did the Panthers show Josh Norman despite playing at a high level when he was there?   

The players name was Lou Pinella and it was at the end of his career. No team was going to take Lou at that stage so George was not trying to keep a good player from leaving as Lou wanted to stay it was just GS way of saying thank you. Lou just wanted a few more years and the boss gave him more than he wanted because as he said "Lou was family." Lou apparently was loyal to the Yanks earlier and George rewarded him for that. I did not see any loyalty to the Redskins when Kirk was thinking of leaving and IMO he used us to pad his stats so he would look more appealing to his suitors when his tag year was up. 

I don’t understand the point is trying to justify why you don’t like Griffin as if he deserves it and why other people should like Cousins. We can all have our opinions and yours isn’t more justified just cause you feel like it is. 

Facts are are in the games. You can focus on that and still make whatever argument you want

13 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You have got to be kidding me with this argument.  I was the last RGIII fan I knew but even I had to finally admit his attitude of throwing teammates under the bus, blaming everyone but himself for this failures, and again demanding plays be taken from the playbook was entitled, diva behavior.  He also cost us a ton in terms of picks, he was our future and we all had high hopes that he would save us. But he didn't, largely due to his attitude and refusal to adapt.  in what his 4th year he still was not taking the correct number of steps in his drops, that can't happen.     Showed he still wasn't working hard enough, an issue brought up by Steve Young after he spoke with Shanny. I was pissed when I heard that and you should have been too .  

When compared to Cousins who simply played the position he put himself in by refusing to sign and under market deal and playing well in the 2 "prove it" years and parlayed that into a great contract I fail to see how the 2 compare what so ever.  

You sound worse than the Cousins haters you spend so much time trying to correct. 

Griffin in cost us a ton of pics? How is it that he gets blame for a (bad) trade Bruce and Shanny made for him but Cousins gets zero blame for the contract negotiations he and his agent made impossible by demanding a contract that no one has ever had before or since? Just that right there shows your bias in this argument. Griffin didn’t live up to his potential for sure but that’s not a reason to hate him. That’s the point. I’m saying the same thing you are saying about Cousins just difference circumstances. That you can’t see that makes my argument for me. 

I don’t want to keep going you are free to feel justified in your feeling so you like. You won’t be changing my mind 

I hate how everything is so cut and dry to some people. Situations dictate decisions. This is the case for every team, every situation.

There is no one right way to do everything. There are many ways to find success. 

or to build a team. 

It’s painful watching the mental gymnastics that are happening here on many different fronts. 

47 pages of nonsense.  Entertaining nonsense but arguing about a player 2 years removed from the team.  Last few pages are also about a player 4+ years removed from the team.

Let's gooooo. I keep coming back for the entertainment because that's all we're getting with this thread.

28 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Just stop. The "I'll take $50 million and so would you" argument is so weak.  NOBODY will make us that offer because we are not one of the best 15 QBs on Earth.  

This is American, we have the right to earn as much money as the market says we are worth. The market established his worth and he took full advantage of the situation he put himself in.  There is absolutely nothing what so ever wrong with him taking advantage of his situation. 

So checking down and not throwing the ball downfield during a playoff game is your definition of a diva.

Interesting perspective.  

The Redskins not showing Kirk any respect is one reason Kirk left is the weak argument. Paying someone more than they are worth is the way you show respect in today's society. You are right, neither of us are worth 50 mil but neither was Kirks two years on the tag. Cheers.

Also that jerk wanted me to #KnowmyWhy and had the nerve to make a ****ing logo. 

Back on topic, I don’t miss Cousins. I don’t think I miss any player other then London Fletcher and even he pissed me off when he started talking **** when he left lol

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

The players name was Lou Pinella and it was at the end of his career. No team was going to take Lou at that stage so George was not trying to keep a good player from leaving as Lou wanted to stay it was just GS way of saying thank you. Lou just wanted a few more years and the boss gave him more than he wanted because as he said "Lou was family." Lou apparently was loyal to the Yanks earlier and George rewarded him for that. I did not see any loyalty to the Redskins when Kirk was thinking of leaving and IMO he used us to pad his stats so he would look more appealing to his suitors when his tag year was up. 

As a Red Sox fan i remember Pinella very well. In that one game playoff he lost a base hit in the sun, threw his glove out and somehow snagged it. That was in 1978.  And that's a pretty rare example from generations ago and one that is simply not done in the age of the salary cap.  

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

The Redskins not showing Kirk any respect is one reason Kirk left is the weak argument. Paying someone more than they are worth is the way you show respect in today's society. You are right, neither of us are worth 50 mil but neither was Kirks two years on the tag. Cheers.

Oh there is little doubt Kirk is not worth that contract. But again that's now what we are talking about.  

Cheers to you as well.  

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I don’t understand the point is trying to justify why you don’t like Griffin as if he deserves it and why other people should like Cousins. We can all have our opinions and yours isn’t more justified just cause you feel like it is. 

Facts are are in the games. You can focus on that and still make whatever argument you want

Agreed this is just opinions shared and no I do not expect your opinion to change. But that does not mean I am not allowed to challenge that opinion.  

I really am having a hard time with the "he didn't do anything to the fans but play hard and get hurt".  Well there is strong evidence that he flat didn't work hard, there is clear evidence that he ripped the team apart with his diva attitude.  As a fan I would think his failure to work hard and adapt to the position would upset you but it appears as if you are giving him a pass on all of that.  

He was being counted on to be the man to save this franchise, they paid a ton to get him so yeah when he fails it has a bigger impact on the fans than when Gus Frerotte failed because there was little expectation and investment in a player like that.  And again this post is being written by perhaps the last RGIII supporter in town but finally even I had to admit the truth.  

As for Cousins well clearly his demands were not impossible to meet because 2 teams met them, he chose the Vikes offer.  Again it was a bad deal for the team but blaming the player for trying to maximize his value on the open market is complete nonsense.  I'll ask again, did you feel the same with Anthony Rendon?  

I wouldn't call sources and journalists linked to Shanahan (well known manipulator and liar) and cite that as "Clear evidence ".

When sources and rumors and stuff like that is thrown around, its really hard to gauge who the real "Bad Guys!" Are. But I'm sure you can read some articles though, and come away saying "Yep, I definitely noticed that"

Fact is that there were several articles that make the Shanahan's look like dumbases, and with the way he and Kyle ran the team , you could say the same for them as well.

I didn't really like the dude. Seemed way too catch slogan-y, and as a grown man, I'd rather cats just be straight up and not act like they're some  nursing home motivational speaker/ shamwow type dude.

But as a fan, I don't let that stuff bother me. It's silly, and is a minefield of subjectivity. 

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Not executing the coach's plan repeatedly on his own initiative, complaining about being chosen in the 4th by the Skins, eating up the publicity about driving his grandmas Van when making millions of dollars...YOU LIKE THAT in a game that shouldn't have gotten to that point...

yea...I call that a diva. But you are right RG3 was a Diva's Diva. No argument there

Who knows why Kirk didn't throw downfield, maybe he didn't like the look of the defense, maybe he was concerned about protection.  Who knows?   Regardless in game decision making is hardly the same thing as acting like a diva.  He only "complained" because he was drafted behind Griffin and knew he would not get a shot, that's perfectly understandable.  You are simply making up reasons to hate Kirk is what it looks like to me where I have very tangible evidence of Griff's diva behavior and it goes far beyond "eating up the publicity about driving grandma's car" whatever that means.  

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I wouldn't call sources and journalists linked to Shanahan (well known manipulator and liar) and cite that as "Clear evidence ".

When sources and rumors and stuff like that is thrown around, its really hard to gauge who the real "Bad Guys!" Are. But I'm sure you can read some articles though, and come away saying "Yep, I definitely noticed that"

Fact is that there were several articles that make the Shanahan's look like dumbases, and with the way he and Kyle ran the team , you could say the same for them as well.

I didn't really like the dude. Seemed way too catch slogan-y, and as a grown man, I'd rather cats just be straight up and not act like they're some  nursing home motivational speaker/ shamwow type dude.

But as a fan, I don't let that stuff bother me. It's silly, and is a minefield of subjectivity. 

Then how do you explain Griff taking a 1 step drop when the play called for a 3 step drop under Gruden other than he just didn't study hard enough?  He had 2 different coaches that had this complaint.  That's a pretty big sin in professional sports, worse than anything Kirk ever did.  

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Then how do you explain Griff taking a 1 step drop when the play called for a 3 step drop other than he just didn't study hard enough? 

I would probably call that a young player that simply made a mistake.:mellow:

That's a pretty big sin in professional sports, worse than anything Kirk ever did.  

Gotta disagree with that, homie. I've seen many oddities in my 21 years of watching football (including Orlovsky literally running out of the endzone for a safety). I'd never seen a dude forget to spike the ball, and instead take a knee near the goal line in a high pressure situation. It was fascinating. But still, an honest mistake. I'm sure we all have very important things we are responsible for,  and we **** up routinely.  Not a big deal.

27 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Who knows why Kirk didn't throw downfield, maybe he didn't like the look of the defense, maybe he was concerned about protection.  Who knows?   Regardless in game decision making is hardly the same thing as acting like a diva.  He only "complained" because he was drafted behind Griffin and knew he would not get a shot, that's perfectly understandable.  You are simply making up reasons to hate Kirk is what it looks like to me where I have very tangible evidence of Griff's diva behavior and it goes far beyond "eating up the publicity about driving grandma's car" whatever that means.  

Yes, Kirk had his own "diva" problems. He pushed a referee during a charity game! I agree Bruce bungled the entire thing. If we had a competent GM we would either still have Kirk or at least have gotten something for him. But Kirk was not as innocent or easy go lucky as he wanted people to believe with the aw shucks act in front of cameras. I get some of that. And honestly had he pushed an NFL referee during a game I would say it's stupid but Ok I appreciate the competitiveness. But pushing a guy donating his time for charity really is a punk move. It really made me re-evaluate him.:

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Agreed this is just opinions shared and no I do not expect your opinion to change. But that does not mean I am not allowed to challenge that opinion.  

Your opinion is dumb, the reasoning behind that opinion is dumb and this conversation is dumb. 

Also so no one cares you saw yourself as the biggest RG3 Stan ever. That doesn’t make your opinion on how others should feel more valuable 🙄

6 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

He threw a BAD INT to Sherman for eventual +7. Didn't have to throw there..bad timing..communication..just bad. That was 100% on KC and it let the air out of the balloon for the whole team and they never recovered. You could see that on the sideline. It crushed the team's momentum from 1st half...which is what KC does.

I don't think that int was his fault. He threw it to a spot and the receiver wasn't even aware of it, because Sherman knocked him off his route pretty badly.

Kirk was under siege, big time. He had to throw it or get buried again.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I don't think that int was his fault. He threw it to a spot and the receiver wasn't even aware of it, because Sherman knocked him off his route pretty badly.

Kirk was under siege, big time. He had to throw it or get buried again.

Typically in those situations you throw the ball out of bounds not to the other Jersey 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Wait til Haskins gets traded and he thrives.

RR has a right to pick his QB especially with the Qb's in this year's draft. Haskins may be another "mistake" in the scheme of things but I haven't felt THIS positive about the skins in a long time. I like Del Rio and RR as much as I liked the Shanny/Gibbs 2 hires.

I am looking forward to the draft and what plays out

Archived