Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

skins4ever28

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes it is. 30M/year against the cap. That’s what he wanted as a contract. That’s crippling. 

And not many are worth that. Let alone Cousins.

Good QB. Not great. Not worth $30M/year.

One player... 16% of the cap.

Not to mention the FO blowing a golden opportunity to secure him at a much lower cost a couple years before.

He had enough skill to warrant keeping him, but it became a distraction when the FO sat on their hands, which gave him the pause he needed to let his agent get into his head.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I never liked Kirk. I was one of his biggest naysayers and I still don’t think he’s worth 30 mil. But he can’t do it alone. Cook has 18 yards on 9 carries.

Maybe Cook can’t do it alone, his QB had 84 yards in the first 56 minutes of an nfl football game.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Kirk only gets roasted here because goofballs talk down to those who actually understand exactly what Kirk is. Kirk is great if making bottom 10 money, atrocious if making top 5 money.

Only hand off master jimmy *g is left.

There are complicated things in this world, the qb position is not one of those things. 

Lol, you posted this right when I posted mine.  Similar thoughts.  I tip my cap.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Maybe Cook can’t do it alone, his QB had 84 yards in the first 56 minutes of an nfl football game.

Maybe if they drafted better on the OL. Elflein, Bradbury and Oneil, all drafted in the first two rounds in the last three years, all massive disappointments. 

Kirk didn't look good, but I don't know how many QBs would have thrived today against a pumped up SF defense.

I don’t think it’s fair to say Kirk isn’t a good NFL starting QB.

But don’t try to say this isn’t his fault. He had 85 yards when it mattered. He is being paid $30M/season.

You don’t get paid that much cash to be okay. You don’t get paid $30M/season to throw for 85 yards when it matters.

I don’t feel bad for the criticism. He accounts for 16% of his team’s cap dollars. 

You get paid $30M/season to transform a team. To carry a team when they’re off.

Is that realistic? No. Not for 99.99% of the human populace. But that’s the expectation at 16%.

His contract stops them from adequately building a line that can compete with the best of the best. 

And he’s the one who signed it. He thought he was worth it. Good for him. That’s a great thing for his personal life.

But when you sign for that much money... you know it’s going to be “on you”. 

Don’t want that pressure? Take less to help your team win. You know who is paid significantly less than Cousins?

The GOAT. Tom Brady. 

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Maybe if they drafted better on the OL. Elflein, Bradbury and Oneil, all drafted in the first two rounds in the last three years, all massive disappointments. 

Kirk didn't look good, but I don't know how many QBs would have thrived today against a pumped up SF defense.

Maybe they could afford a better Oline if they didn’t toss 30 million at Matt Moore Ice.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, Califan007 said:

For anyone thinking Kirk has kicked his demons to the curb and has now shown that he is clutch and a winner, I would advise you to revisit the 2009 season lol...

On 1/5/2020 at 10:51 PM, Califan007 said:

On 1/5/2020 at 10:51 PM, Califan007 said:

Holy...I just realized something while reading past Cowboys posts...

Romo, after gaining a reputation for choking in win-or-go-home games, wins his first playoff game during the 2009 season (wildcard game).

Cousins, after gaining a reputation for choking in nationally televised games and games with a lot at stake, wins his first playoff game (wildcard game).

Romo, in that playoff win, went: 23/35, 244 yards, 2 TDs, no interceptions, and a 104.9 rating.

Cousins, in that playoff win, went: 19/31, 242 yards, 1 TD, no interceptions, and a 96.4 rating.

Romo, the next week, lost to the Vikings, 34-3. His stat line: 22/35, 198 yards, 5.7 ypa, zero TDs, 1 INT, 3 fumbles (2 lost), and a 66.1 rating.

Cousins, the next week: ....?

And as I am reading the posts from Cowboys fans, full of puffed-out chests and condescension...and knowing that a week from those posts their team and QB are gonna get simply demolished...and knowing none of the criticisms about Romo were silenced with that win...and with the importance of that playoff victory growing smaller and smaller with each passing year...I'm reminded of what I said in the Cousins thread as well as on twitter and to a female Vikings fan I've interacted with: When it comes to Kirk Cousins, it's always best to wait until his season officially ends before declaring anything about him.

So after the wildcard win against the Saints, do I now regret letting Cousins go?....No.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

His contract stops them from adequately building a line that can compete with the best of the best. 

Don’t want that pressure? Take less to help your team win. You know who is paid significantly less than Cousins?

The GOAT. Tom Brady. 

There is always the argument made that Brady's wife earns more than him blah blah blah. Bottom line is Kirk is set for life, his family are set for life. His great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great granchildren are set for life. The same would be true if he had signed for 20mill per season and given the team a shot... Maybe it's a cultural thing but I just don't understand the obsession with stacking money for the sake of stacking money.... He is paid to be elite, but he's not elite. That's the big problem and the fact he isn't elite makes his contract an albatross that significantly harms his team's ability to go all the way.... Bottom line is Kirk COULD win a superbowl, but he never will. He needs a team that is totally stacked to win but he won't sign a contract that helps a team get stacked.

Image result for kirk cousins you like that gif

The problem is he cant make plays off schedule, and he really has to step into and get his body set to throw it, he has no flick of the wrist ability. Thats why he needs PA to function. He could win but he needs a team built around him, he isnt the type to carry or "will" a team to win!

Just now, PartyPosse said:

All those guys were drafted high. That's not a question of being able to  afford it, that's just poor drafting. 

And they could have signed better players in free agency without relying on a bunch of young guys to carry their line if...

5 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

The problem is he cant make plays off schedule, and he really has to step into and get his body set to throw it, he has no flick of the wrist ability. Thats why he needs PA to function. He could win but he needs a team built around him, he isnt the type to carry or "will" a team to win!

Play action and bootlegs are the only way he can get the ball down the field. He’s great on bootlegs, eliminate *the pocket & let him read nothing but the back 3 or 4.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

All those guys were drafted high. That's not a question of being able to  afford it, that's just poor drafting. 

I’m not going to debate that point too seriously, I’m just goofing around man. We all interpret things a bit differently for a variety of reasons. The only thing I’m certain of is the fact that we all get a few things right, but in the end all of us on this forum, all of the experts on tv, & all of the scouts around the league ... know approximately the same things, and it’s not impressive. 

50% of everyone’s evaluations:

BA8E1291-061E-4541-B78D-A25A4F5BC1FC.gif

1 minute ago, Redd said:

Don't forget bringing in a very run heavy offensive coordinator team in Kubiak and company to help Kirk.  How much more does he need to succeed.

I've noticed this, too. That they paid Cousins 28 million and the offense only works as a running offense is a bad look. Throughout that game, the Vikings coordinator looked like he really didn't want to give Kirk his chance even the run game wasn't working at all. The game was close though until Kirk's pick. After that, it was pretty much over.

Archived