Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

skins4ever28

8 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

You can't blame him for that game though, the dude was buried quite a bit right off the bat, and when he did have time to throw the 9ers had great tight coverage.

I don't think anyone would have done well with that piss poor game plan and ol blocking.

And to one of your points, regarding piss poor game planning, when their O line struggled earlier in the season they would take Rudolph, and Smith Jr, and put them up on the line for blocking and for added protection so Cousin's could roll out to the left and throw.  They made ZERO adjustments during half time.  They made no adjustments to fortify the line and take a few deep shots like they did against the Saints. 

The niners D line just pinned their ears back and went after Cousins after they got further behind in the 3rd quarter.  The O line just got overwhelmed and ran out of steam.  During the game I remember Al Michaels mentioning that all four of the niners D linemen were first round picks.  So that means they are young, strong, and fast.  So are their linebackers.  They have gone from a ****ty team to a D that is scary good. And while they don't have a lot of experience in the playoffs, obviously, what the have is awesome coaching, coupled with a lot of speed and sheer power.

This is why we need a Chase Young and frankly a fast, strong linebacker and a # 1 CB.  

9 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

You can't blame him for that game though, the dude was buried quite a bit right off the bat, and when he did have time to throw the 9ers had great tight coverage.

I don't think anyone would have done well with that piss poor game plan and ol blocking.

He threw a BAD INT to Sherman for eventual +7. Didn't have to throw there..bad timing..communication..just bad. That was 100% on KC and it let the air out of the balloon for the whole team and they never recovered. You could see that on the sideline. It crushed the team's momentum from 1st half...which is what KC does.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Right cause Cousins couldn’t have played better ^^^

If you have the ability to go back and watch the Niners and the Packers, if you switched the Packers uniforms to the Vikings uniforms you would have seen the exact same game BUT some sport's commentators made excuses for Rodgers, pointing out the poor PP, the inability to run the ball, a dropped pass, forcing an INT, blah, blah, blah.

If you do not have a solid game plan and the ability to adjust your protections to give a QB more time that is the end result.  What happened to Rodgers during the regular season against the niners was exactly what happened yesterday.  

Another main point to the two above was that Zimmer and company got outreached to boot. I am a football fan and frankly at this juncture in the playoffs the team with the better game plan wins.  Just ask LaMar Jackson about that this morning.

13 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I wish someone would show me zero respect by paying me $50 million for 2 years work. Common man!

Nobody is going to pay you $50 million  because you are not one of the 12 best QBs on the planet Come on man, bring a better argument than that. 

3 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

He threw a BAD INT to Sherman for eventual +7. Didn't have to throw there..bad timing..communication..just bad. That was 100% on KC and it let the air out of the balloon for the whole team and they never recovered. You could see that on the sideline. It crushed the team's momentum from 1st half...which is what KC does.

Oh yeah, Kirk turned into Kirk which I totally expected.  Has nothing to do with what we were discussing however.  

58 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

No amount of Cousins bashing is going to change the fact Kirk is still a much better QB than anyone on our current roster and thats really what this thread is about.

Not if you look at it in totality. Is he worth 30mil 16% cap space and elevate the performance of the team to compensate for reduced talent because of his salary. He is also a heart attack waiting to happen for fans...No fun watching him play. The only good thing he did as a Redskins QB was get the FO and Gruden Fired IMHO

13 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

BB is prob the biggest sleaze head coach ever. Far as loyalty I remember a Yankee player walked into Geo Steinbrenners office and asked for a 3 yr extension and the boss said "how about 4 instead." Some people care about loyalty.

BB is hardly the only head coach who discard players.  If you really believe their is loyalty in sports I have no idea what you are watching   Without knowing the dollars in your example, Steinbrenner just offered a longer deal because he wanted to lock up a good player (I'm assuming he was a good player, your example was pretty vague).  Without knowing the numbers this example does nothing to prove there is loyalty, and it's only one example from decades ago where I can give you dozens, hundreds if I really wanted to but I don't, of examples of teams showing no loyalty to players.  Ryan Kerrigan could very well experience this, how much loyalty did the Panthers show Josh Norman despite playing at a high level when he was there?   

48 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

You are right, Haskins, McCoy, & Alex Smith are clearly winners 😆

Alex Smith is/was definitely a winner...had 8 consecutive winning records across three different franchises, and one of the higher winning percentages against teams with winning records as well. Last 8 years, Smith's records have been:

2011 (49ers) 13-3

2012 (49ers) 6-2-1

2013 (Chiefs) 11-4

2014 (Chiefs) 8-7

2015 (Chiefs) 11-5

2016 (Chiefs) 11-4

2017 (Chiefs) 9-6

2018 (Redskins) 6-4

Total 8-year record: 75-35-1

And you're laughing at the idea anyone thinks Smith is a winner...ok.

It's amazing how little people know about Smith yet post **** as if they know everything.

As a fan I would want him, you dont go into every game behind the eight ball at QB position but I do get tired of the narrative which I do think is overstated because he is a clean cut goofy white guy.

Imagine him with the niners, titians, cowboys, rams and probably a few other teams

9 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Imagine him with the niners, titians, cowboys, rams and probably a few other teams

Thats kinda the point though. He needs those kinds if teams to be great. Most QBs would be great on great teams. But they cant afford him and keep the team intact. Thats the argument. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Oh yeah, Kirk turned into Kirk which I totally expected.  Has nothing to do with what we were discussing however.  

How does Kirk putting the team on his shoulders and grabbing that loss, not have anything to do with what we're talking about? 

It's the perfect example. Great statistical QB that can make an offense look great.............until it's really important.

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats kinda the point though. He needs those kinds if teams to be great. Most QBs would be great on great teams. But they cant afford him and keep the team intact. Thats the argument. 

That is not true. You take any QB - Brady, Wilson or Rodgers and take away their run game and the results are not good.  I watched it with all three QB's this  year.  Every successful team in a game has to be able to run the ball to set up the pass.   The niners ran for 187 yards last night.   

Again if you look at what the niners did to the Packers you would find and excuse for Rodgers, but they could not run.  He could not pass and he looked inept as hell.

Nah, Defenses don't win championships do they.

58 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

How does Kirk putting the team on his shoulders and grabbing that loss, not have anything to do with what we're talking about? 

It's the perfect example. Great statistical QB that can make an offense look great.............until it's really important.

Because i have been talking specifically about the Redskins fans' reaction to Kirk taking advantage of his opportunity, I was also talking about the fact that all teams cut players and show no loyalty so why should Kirk?    I said nothing about Kirk laying an egg in the big moment because I totally expected that yesterday.  

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Because i have been talking specifically about the Redskins fans' reaction, the hate he has received by Redskins fans for simply taking advantage of his opportunity. I was not talking about Kirk laying an egg in the big moment because I totally expected that yesterday.  

I apologize. I thought the "we" was collective as in the board, not a conversation you were having within the thread.

I don't get the hate for the guy either, personally.

I wanted to trade him the first year we tagged him and sign Case.  :ols:

Funny how things work out.

34 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

That is not true. You take any QB - Brady, Wilson or Rodgers and take away their run game and the results are not good.  I watched it with all three QB's this  year.  Every successful team in a game has to be able to run the ball to set up the pass.   The niners ran for 187 yards last night.   

Again if you look at what the niners did to the Packers you would find and excuse for Rodgers, but they could not run.  He could not pass and he looked inept as hell.

Nah, Defenses don't win championships do they.

How does that counter anything I put in my post you quoted at all? Read it again pls. 

Also food for thought. Zimmer said in his press conference that they called more down the field passes and they didnt happen for one reason or the other. Reminds me of how Gruden would talk, only less direct. Gruden said more than a few times that he wanted Cousins take more shots and he wouldnt. Thats on him, not playcalling or everyone else. You can blame everyone else on the team if you want but there is some culpability there for cousins too. You dont have to admit it, but anyone who knows what they are looking at can see it. 

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Because i have been talking specifically about the Redskins fans' reaction, the hate he has received by Redskins fans for simply taking advantage of his opportunity. I was not talking about Kirk laying an egg in the big moment because I totally expected that yesterday.  

Fans are like that. Irrational and emotional. Need people to hate. Cats hated Griffin cause of his ****ing socks lol 

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Fans are like that. Irrational and emotional. Need people to hate. Cats hated Griffin cause of his ****ing socks lol 

This is definitely true. But this hate is over the top. Kirk never demanded plays be taken from the playbook, never acted like a diva.  He was not a failure that the team wasted a first round pick on like Shuler or Campbell.  He was the most productive QB the team has had in generations (I don't count Ryp as he was a one year wonder). Yet he gets way more hate than those guys or any QB I can remember here for not being "loyal" when there is no loyalty in professional sports.  That's just so strange to me.  

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Nobody is going to pay you $50 million  because you are not one of the 12 best QBs on the planet Come on man, bring a better argument than that. 

DGF you said the Redskins did not show KC any respect and I am saying that 50mil for a couple of years work shows a hell of a lot of respect. Wish I was that lucky and I will bet you dollars to do-nuts that you would too. What does it take for you? The highest price ever paid for a QB who never won anything with a track record of chocking in the big games, like say 75mil for 2 years? Is that enough respect?

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is definitely true. But this hate is over the top. Kirk never demanded plays be taken from the playbook, never acted like a diva.  He was not a failure that the team wasted a first round pick on like Shuler or Campbell.  He was the most productive QB the team has had in generations (I don't count Ryp as he was a one year wonder). Yet he gets way more hate than those guys or any QB I can remember here for not being "loyal" when there is no loyalty in professional sports.  That's just so strange to me.  

Think it is not what he did but how he did it. He was not in a position to demand much for most of his time here.

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is definitely true. But this hate is over the top. Kirk never demanded plays be taken from the playbook, never acted like a diva.  He was not a failure that the team wasted a first round pick on like Shuler or Campbell.  He was the most productive QB the team has had in generations (I don't count Ryp as he was a one year wonder) yet he gets way more hate than those guys or any QB I can remember here for not being "loyal" and that's just so strange to me.  

Gruden said on numerous occasions KC refused to go down field and open up the passing game (Zimmer said the same thing about downfield passes in his pressser)

" the plays where Cousins declined to take open shots downfield in "

I think we had some called," said Viking coach Mike Zimmer when ...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-divisional-playoffs-kirk-cousins-fails-to-lift-vikings-putting-emphasis-on-teams-passing-limitations/

We wasted 2 years *hoping* to get him to negotiate and resign him. It takes 2 to tango. Bruce and KC . Go look at the "hate" in the Bruce thread. You tell me there was negotiation in good faith there...was there ???

He never acted like a diva...You Like THAT?? Fricking chip on his shoulder for being drafted in the 4th by Skins (which means no team wanted him prior to the 4th)

These Kirk apologists are so strange to me. You keep opening up these threads on KC bemoaning his exit and I'll keep voicing my opinion as to why the Skins are MUCH better off without him and his CAP impact. Shut this thread down so I won't have to say anymore "over the top" facts about KC. Go look at the Vikings forum and see that they are saying exactly what we've been saying for years.

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Its strange cause you are trying to make sense of it. Example: Griffin didnt make us draft him. He probably would have been better off if we didnt. Yet we did and people hate HIM for that. You even mentioned it like it makes sense - it doesn't. Your particular brand of crazy is no different from anyone elses, honestly. Griffin didnt do anything to the fans here but play hard and get injured. Cousins didnt do anything to the fans here but demand he get paid to market value. Both hated, both irrational. 

Hell you say Cousins was the most productive. I say Griffin was the most exciting. I have never seen a season like that since. We could make excuses for guys all day but at the end of it its a ball game no one should have any last HARD feelings over it regardless of how it ended. But people do cause its sports and sports fans are irrational and emotional. Thats just how it is lol

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

As opposed to Alex Smith and Dwayne Haskins who clearly will carry our franchise🤣. I'm going to regurgitate the same point iv made at least half dozen times over the past year, that the people on these boards either fail to hear or just dont have the capacity to understand.

Any Redskins fan who honestly believes we will ever win a Superbowl under Dan Snyder needs to put down their pipe. See what none of you guys get is a 8-8, 9-7 season where we have a feared passing game and the ability to be competitive every Sunday regardless of opponent is a major , MAJOR achievement in the Dan Snyder era. Kirk Cousins did this for us. Alot of people in this thread are trying to spin this into "Can Cousins win a SuperBowl" " Is Cousins elite like Brady, or brees" Thats not the discussion here ! Then again the topic at hand is DO YOU REGRET LETTING Cousins go ? Maybe some of you do. Maybe some of you are so delusional and stuck in fantasy land that you actually believe we are capable of a Super Bowl run under this owner 🤣 in which case, ..... I'm not going to circle jerk my Sunday here. Have a good one fella's..... 

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

BB is hardly the only head coach who discard players.  If you really believe their is loyalty in sports I have no idea what you are watching   Without knowing the dollars in your example, Steinbrenner just offered a longer deal because he wanted to lock up a good player (I'm assuming he was a good player, your example was pretty vague).  Without knowing the numbers this example does nothing to prove there is loyalty, and it's only one example from decades ago where I can give you dozens, hundreds if I really wanted to but I don't, of examples of teams showing no loyalty to players.  Ryan Kerrigan could very well experience this, how much loyalty did the Panthers show Josh Norman despite playing at a high level when he was there?   

Never said BB is not the only coach to discard players I just said he is a POS and for every example of a coach like BB being a sob there are just as many who kept players past their prime because of past performance. See C Knoll thoughts on keeping the mid 70s Steelers together past their prime. Thinking back the way it seemed to me was that KC wanted more than the Redskins thought he was worth and every year the asking price got bigger yet KC never won us a playoff game, in fact he had a rep of throwing ints to the Giants to keep us out of the playoffs. I just thought, at the time that he had balls asking for the money he wanted after such a dismal performance. He wanted elite money for average ability and so far the proof is in the pudding but the Redskins did not show him any respect. Guess we should cry for poor Kirk. KC is just another greedy pro jock out to grab all he can get in the shortest amount of time and it shows in his performance. Sad state of pro sports these days.

3 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

As opposed to Alex Smith and Dwayne Haskins who clearly will carry our franchise🤣. I'm going to regurgitate the same point iv made at least half dozen times over the past year, that the people on these boards either fail to hear or just dont have the capacity to understand.

Any Redskins fan who honestly believes we will ever win a Superbowl under Dan Snyder needs to put down their pipe. See what none of you guys get is a 8-8, 9-7 season where we have a feared passing game and the ability to be competitive every Sunday regardless of opponent is a major , MAJOR achievement in the Dan Snyder era. Kirk Cousins did this for us. Alot of people in this thread are trying to spin this into "Can Cousins win a SuperBowl" " Is Cousins elite like Brady, or brees" Thats not the discussion here ! Then again the topic at hand is DO YOU REGRET LETTING Cousins go ? Maybe some of you do. Maybe some of you are so delusional and stuck in fantasy land that you actually believe we are capable of a Super Bowl run under this owner 🤣 in which case, ..... I'm not going to circle jerk my Sunday here. Have a good one fella's..... 

Gotta love the im so smart no one understands me and im not gonna waste my time saying the thing i have wasted my time saying over and over - posts. Super smart. Gotta be real intelligent to make one of these and even takes some skill to understand it. 

You go boy. You Kirk Cousins of messages boards you lol

26 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Gruden said on numerous occasions KC refused to go down field and open up the passing game (Zimmer said the same thing about downfield passes in his pressser)

" the plays where Cousins declined to take open shots downfield in "

I think we had some called," said Viking coach Mike Zimmer when ...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-divisional-playoffs-kirk-cousins-fails-to-lift-vikings-putting-emphasis-on-teams-passing-limitations/

We wasted 2 years *hoping* to get him to negotiate and resign him. It takes 2 to tango. Bruce and KC . Go look at the "hate" in the Bruce thread. You tell me there was negotiation in good faith there...was there ???

He never acted like a diva...You Like THAT?? Fricking chip on his shoulder for being drafted in the 4th by Skins (which means no team wanted him prior to the 4th)

These Kirk apologists are so strange to me. You keep opening up these threads on KC bemoaning his exit and I'll keep voicing my opinion as to why the Skins are MUCH better off without him and his CAP impact. Shut this thread down so I won't have to say anymore "over the top" facts about KC. Go look at the Vikings forum and see that they are saying exactly what we've been saying for years.

You are actually comparing Kirk checking down during the game with Robert Griffin marching into Shanny's office and demanding plays be taken from the playbook?  Really?  You comparing "you like that?" with the diva attitude Griffin showed to his team and teammates?  Again Really?  

Really?  

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

You are actually comparing Kirk checking down during the game with Robert Griffin marching into Shanny's office and demanding plays be taken from the playbook?  Really?  You comparing "you like that?" with the diva attitude Griffin showed to his team and teammates?  Again Really?  

Really?  

You said KC wasn't a Diva Not who was the bigger Diva. Really? Very binary/one dimensional argument. Both can be true...right?

40 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

DGF you said the Redskins did not show KC any respect and I am saying that 50mil for a couple of years work shows a hell of a lot of respect. Wish I was that lucky and I will bet you dollars to do-nuts that you would too. What does it take for you? The highest price ever paid for a QB who never won anything with a track record of chocking in the big games, like say 75mil for 2 years? Is that enough respect?

Think it is not what he did but how he did it. He was not in a position to demand much for most of his time here.

Just stop. The "I'll take $50 million and so would you" argument is so weak.  NOBODY will make us that offer because we are not one of the best 15 QBs on Earth.  

This is American, we have the right to earn as much money as the market says we are worth. The market established his worth and he took full advantage of the situation he put himself in.  There is absolutely nothing what so ever wrong with him taking advantage of his situation. 

2 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

You said KC wasn't a Diva Not who was the bigger Diva. Really? Very binary/one dimensional argument. Both can be true...right?

So checking down and not throwing the ball downfield during a playoff game is your definition of a diva.

Interesting perspective.  

Archived