Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

skins4ever28

18 hours ago, Llevron said:

Typically in those situations you throw the ball out of bounds not to the other Jersey 

I think he was trusting that his guy would turn around and look for the ball, which he never did.

It was either try and make a play or do nothing, which they couldn't afford, because they'd been stuck in neutral the whole game.

I'm not a kirk apologist, and don't have anything for or against him, but I can't fault him for trying to make a play when it was obvious he was throwing to a spot and his WR didn't even turn around to look for the ball. You could see Theilin angling to get to where the ball ended up, it's like he just gave up at the end.

You can even see it on the replay, he just quit on his route instead of running through it where he was supposed to have ended up. Sherman got there first, but Theilin didn't even try to fight through him.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:57 AM, Llevron said:

y’all gonna have to admit Cousins is exactly what we have been saying eventually. Over paid and above average game manager with a tendency to disappear when things don’t do perfect. That’s him. 

IMHO, the only fan base that loses sleep worrying about Cousins before an important game is the fan base he plays for.

22 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You are actually comparing Kirk checking down during the game with Robert Griffin marching into Shanny's office and demanding plays be taken from the playbook?  Really?  You comparing "you like that?" with the diva attitude Griffin showed to his team and teammates?  Again Really?  

Really?  

So instead of being upfront and diva about it, Kirt just refuses to run the plays he doesn't like. so passive/aggressive as opposed to just aggressive.

37 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I must admit that the only fan base that SHOULD loses sleep worrying about Cousins before an important game is the fan base he plays for.😐

Corrected lol. I totally get into this discussion. I dont even have an excuse as to why either. I admit something is really wrong with me. Probably the brain. 

Its the gift that never stop giving cause one week im wrong and the next its like AH HA! I ****ing TOLD you!! 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Corrected lol. I totally get into this discussion. I dont even have an excuse as to why either. I admit something is really wrong with me. Probably the brain. 

Its the gift that never stop giving cause one week im wrong and the next its like AH HA! I ****ing TOLD you!! 

Your last statement addresses why Cousins will never be elite.  It's his inconsistency.  One play he's great.  The next play is "What was he thinking!!!!!"  From play to play, from quarter to quarter, from game to game, we really didn't know which Kirk Cousins we were going to get. 

We knew which Kirk Cousins we were going to get in the biggest games and at the biggest moments in those games.  And this is why I will never regret losing him and it's solely based on the contract he demanded.  I wished we could have kept him, but his inconsistent play made it impossible because he wanted to be paid as if he was the best QB in the NFL and he wasn't close to that level.   

Lets See.....

To close out the season during a play off push, he was between average to bad.

In the wild card round, he played a horrible game and made it to OT off the back of Cooks and the Defense

And in the division around he was HORRIBLE.  Did you know he tied the record for leased first downs in a playoff game????

So the answer is a resounding NO!!!!

3 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Lets See.....

To close out the season during a play off push, he was between average to bad.

In the wild card round, he played a horrible game and made it to OT off the back of Cooks and the Defense

And in the division around he was HORRIBLE.  Did you know he tied the record for leased first downs in a playoff game????

So the answer is a resounding NO!!!!

In all fairness, he won that overtime game himself. Saints sold out to stop the run and dared him to beat them. He did it too. 

I don’t give him a lot of credit for that personally, but those were accomplishments soooo

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

In all fairness, he won that overtime game himself. Saints sold out to stop the run and dared him to beat them. He did it too. 

I don’t give him a lot of credit for that personally, but those were accomplishments soooo

No doubt he actually got it done under pressure in OT for the first time ever.  He gets credit for that.

But he has a TON of talent around him.  A TON.   And whats the best he can muster in those 4 quarters leading up to OT?  16/27, 179 yards (84 of those are Yards After the Catch (or YAC)) and 0 TDs.  No INT's but he twice hit  a defender right in the numbers.

He's the definition of choke

On 1/12/2020 at 1:38 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I would probably call that a young player that simply made a mistake.:mellow:

But it wasn't a single mistake. It's as if you didn't even hear Gruden describe Griffin.  Gruden made it clear that it was a pattern, that the QB play was "not even close" as he described other issues like taking a 3 step drops when the play called for a 5 step drop. 

This excuse making for RGIII while Kirk gets criticized for how he reacted to a report that he drives his grandma's van is exactly what I've been talking about.   The hate for Kirk Cousins is over the top here and lets' be honest, if he had not thrown that pick against the Giants it would not be like this.   

On 1/12/2020 at 2:52 PM, Llevron said:

Your opinion is dumb, the reasoning behind that opinion is dumb and this conversation is dumb. 

Also so no one cares you saw yourself as the biggest RG3 Stan ever. That doesn’t make your opinion on how others should feel more valuable 🙄

I was simply explaining that unlike the Kirk haters who are simply making up reasons to hate him I was not an RGIII hater so my opinion was not biased with regard to his behavior.  i though that part was pretty clear.  

14 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

No doubt he actually got it done under pressure in OT for the first time ever.  He gets credit for that.

But he has a TON of talent around him.  A TON.   And whats the best he can muster in those 4 quarters leading up to OT?  16/27, 179 yards (84 of those are Yards After the Catch (or YAC)) and 0 TDs.  No INT's but he twice hit  a defender right in the numbers.

He's the definition of choke

revisionist history.

He was literally under siege all day, and his TONS of talent did jack ****, except act like turnstiles on offense and the defense couldn't get stops either.

Did you watch the GB SF game? They won 37-8 and that was with Aaron flippin' Rogers.. his team is 13-3 and has  A TON of talent as well.. and guess what? he couldn't get it done either. He went 20/33 for a whopping 104 yards and 1 TD.

Maybe.. just MAYBE SF's defense had something to do with it. Nope, Kirk sucks because he got buried 3 million times and didn't do anything.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

But it wasn't a single mistake. It's as if you didn't even hear Gruden describe Griffin.  Gruden made it clear that it was a pattern, that the QB play was "not even close" as he described other issues like taking a 3 step drops when the play called for a 5 step drop. 

This excuse making for RGIII while Kirk gets criticized for how he reacted to a report that he drives his grandma's van is exactly what I've been talking about.   The hate for Kirk Cousins is over the top here and lets' be honest, if he had not thrown that pick against the Giants it would not be like this.   

I think its safe to say that both Griffin and Cousins both had many issues.

Griffin thought he was something he wasn't, and the owner/owner's buddy/Griffin variable went against the GM/HC variable and exposed the clown show.

The FO then botched the Cousins contract.

Then Cousins thought he was worth more than he is.

The end.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think its safe to say that both Griffin and Cousins both had many issues.

Griffin thought he was something he wasn't, and the owner/owner's buddy/Griffin variable went against the GM/HC variable and exposed the clown show.

The FO then botched the Cousins contract.

Then Cousins thought he was worth more than he is.

The end.

Been hearing that the fo botched KC deal for years. Maybe someone can explain how you botch a deal when the player thinks he is worth a lot more than you do and is just using you to get better offers from other teams. Player does not sign as he wants you to tag him. This way he gets his multi million dollar deal and he gets on the job training for 2 more years. This tag is a showcase for a multi year deal from another team as that player had no intention of ever playing for his original team. OK, KC is going to be a free agent after this year I believe. He got approx $85mil for 3 years. Do you want him back and his asking price is going to be $100 mil for 3 years?

There's always next year for Kirk, 2 years into his contract he has.

No division titles

18-12-1 record

1 Playoff appearance

1 playoff win

That's not bad, he's a good solid QB but as I've said 1000 times he was never going to be able to live up to that contract.

10 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Been hearing that the fo botched KC deal for years. Maybe someone can explain how you botch a deal when the player thinks he is worth a lot more than you do and is just using you to get better offers from other teams.

The botch happened early on. He wanted slightly more money, on a much more modest contract. Once Allen decided that wasn't in the cards, Cousins was absolutely using the Skins for more money. Two franchise tags later he thought he was worth $30M guaranteed/season, and then the team did the right thing. 

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah well I went back and softened my post to you, even after you basically called me dumb.  

I dont think you are dumb. And even if I did there a rules against me calling you that. Im allowed to attack your opinion (Griffin deserves fault, while Kirk does not). Im allowed to Attack your logic (I was a RG3 stan and I learned from that. I am now unbiased because I have moved on from my stanhood into perfect balance). And im allowed to attack the conversation (ANYTHING about RG3 v Cousins in 2020 in order to defend Cousins for some stupid ****ing reason). I dont think you are dumb. But I think your opinion, logic, and posts are. And I got tired of tiptoeing around it. I was hoping saying so flat out would end the conversation. I even said in the last post feel free to NOT talk to me, but here we are. Im not gonna respond after this. Feel free to yell into the heavens. I just want to be clear, im not calling you dumb. And your petty little rant about my inability to understand your super smart nuance will not change that. 

1 hour ago, crabbypatty said:

revisionist history.

He was literally under siege all day, and his TONS of talent did jack ****, except act like turnstiles on offense and the defense couldn't get stops either.

Did you watch the GB SF game? They won 37-8 and that was with Aaron flippin' Rogers.. his team is 13-3 and has  A TON of talent as well.. and guess what? he couldn't get it done either. He went 20/33 for a whopping 104 yards and 1 TD.

Maybe.. just MAYBE SF's defense had something to do with it. Nope, Kirk sucks because he got buried 3 million times and didn't do anything.

Not that the argument of attaching Rodgers a future Hall of Fame player struggling in the same fashion Kirk Cousins has no basis, but it shouldn’t absolve responsibility from an individual. 

The Niners 4 games preceding the Vikings game:

Seahawks 
26-21 W

Rams

34-31

Falcons

22-29 L

Saints

48-46 W

The Niners defense is the real deal, but teams and QBs have found ways to be successful at times. 

1 hour ago, crabbypatty said:

revisionist history.

What was his excuse against the middle of the road saints defense?  Q1-4 he played WORST than he did this past Sunday.  At one point in the fourth, he needed to make a 1st down.  Saints brought only 3 and he had 5 OL and 1 TE back blocking.  Literally 2 on 1 blocking.  What does he do?  Runs right into Cameron Jordan for a sack.  Zero pocket awareness.  Or in the 3rd, when there was an offsides penality and he got strip sacked (Which was called back), what did he do on the next play?  Heard footsteps and threw it right into the defenders arms.  Lucky for him, the CB dropped it.

SF defesne is good, yes, but he was choking against a mediocre one as wel.

Archived