Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

skins4ever28

Who would be happy about getting drafted behind a Heisman QB, for which the team gave up the farm, at #2?  It's basically the worse possible scenario.  When you go in the 4th round, you expect to be a backup.  But not a backup to another rookie, of whom was invested in as heavily as RG3 was.  You basically assume that you won't be playing for the first 4-5 years of your career.  Any QB that would be happy about being drafted into that, is not a QB I'd want on my team.

On 1/9/2020 at 5:01 PM, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

So I say THANK YOU KIRK!!! and you are still a T^rd and a disloyal one at that.

Again calling a player a turd and disloyal is just the voice of an irrational fan. There is no loyalty in sports, you need to get that through your head.   Teams cut their better players all the time. BB was ready to move on from Tom Freaking Brady several years ago for crying out loud. There is nothing wrong what so ever for Kirk to leverage his position, a position he put himself in by playing very well for a POS team. Calling him a turd is a bit immature and totally unfair.  

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Again calling a player a turd and disloyal is just the voice of an irrational fan. There is no loyalty in sports, you need to get that through your head.   Teams cut their better players all the time. BB was ready to move on from Tom Freaking Brady several years ago for crying out loud. There is nothing wrong what so ever for Kirk to leverage his position, a position he put himself in by playing very well for a POS team. Calling him a turd is a bit immature and totally unfair.  

INT leads to 7 in the 3rd. Kirk being Kirk. YOU LIKE THAT??? (I hope I don't eat crow in the 4th Qtr...but..Kirk will be Kirk) 🤣

On 1/8/2020 at 4:26 PM, Darrell Green Fan said:

There is a difference between expending emotional energy on a team and taking a stupid, selective, position that Kirk Cousins "abandoned" the fans while not taking the same position when other players leave.  I didn't hear one poster say anything when Preston Smith did the same thing.    Same with "Kirk didn't want to be here"  Well what sane player would chose to take a worse deal with this franchise, a franchise that showed him zero respect,  over a franchise that is a contender and offered a better deal?  Again a stupid position, those saying this would take the exact same position Kirk did if they had that chance .  

I wish someone would show me zero respect by paying me $50 million for 2 years work. Common man!

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

BB is prob the biggest sleaze head coach ever. Far as loyalty I remember a Yankee player walked into Geo Steinbrenners office and asked for a 3 yr extension and the boss said "how about 4 instead." Some people care about loyalty.

14880.png&h=102&scale=crop&w=102MIN
K. Cousins14-20, 87 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT

025F50E9-A4E4-4D21-B238-28DF566A5B16.gif

On 1/10/2020 at 10:18 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Who would be happy about getting drafted behind a Heisman QB, for which the team gave up the farm, at #2?  It's basically the worse possible scenario.  When you go in the 4th round, you expect to be a backup.  But not a backup to another rookie, of whom was invested in as heavily as RG3 was.  You basically assume that you won't be playing for the first 4-5 years of your career.  Any QB that would be happy about being drafted into that, is not a QB I'd want on my team.

B166CA29-3EAF-42BD-8831-F897C79C4433.gif

A quarterback alone does not make a team. 

Minnesota is LOADED at the skills but their line is an absolute dumpster fire. And Cousins’ contract is part of the reason they haven’t been able to address that as well as they should.

Paying Cousins that kind of money is a tough pill to swallow. He doesn’t elevate a team and alleviate pressure like Manning. Instead he’s a good, capable QB crippling the Vikings cap.

Its tough for me to understand why more don’t understand that.

On 1/9/2020 at 2:13 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Those of you who don't regret the Skins failing to secure Cousins for his long and productive career must be happy winning off the field like Snyder and Allen.  It's 2020 and at the very worse it's apparent Cousins is going to finish a long, productive career without a SB win like many other quarterbacks who were top 10-50% during their era.  That is the worse case, best case he wins a couple of SB and ends up with a bust in Canton, Ohio.   

No, of course, you Cousins critics can't imagine that happening, just like you couldn't imagine all the other things he has already accomplished, you just don't get him.

93A3D41F-D0E8-46F5-8310-10E1A581EB1F.gif

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Kirk isn’t looking great, but it’s not his fault at all. Cut the guy some slack.

Yes it is. 30M/year against the cap. That’s what he wanted as a contract. That’s crippling. 

And not many are worth that. Let alone Cousins.

Good QB. Not great. Not worth $30M/year.

One player... 16% of the cap.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Kirk isn’t looking great, but it’s not his fault at all. Cut the guy some slack.

And I'm sure the Vikes paid him all that money to get them over the top when the run wasn't working.  Kirk is getting paid, he should be elevating the loaded Vikings not losing with them.

I never liked Kirk. I was one of his biggest naysayers and I still don’t think he’s worth 30 mil. But he can’t do it alone. Cook has 18 yards on 9 carries. Doesn’t mean he sucks, just means SF has a ridiculously good defense. That 4th down ball just now to Diggs was a great call and a great throw, SF just is that good.

8 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

In this thread roasting is all good in my book. I’m personally full on Schadenfreude mode when it comes to him, lol. Doesn’t mean he won’t get there in the future. Just not this year..sometimes it takes time to get over the hump, he took a small step this year.

Kirk only gets roasted here because goofballs talk down to those who actually understand exactly what Kirk is. Kirk is great if making bottom 10 money, atrocious if making top 5 money.

Only hand off master jimmy *g is left.

There are complicated things in this world, the qb position is not one of those things. 

• Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million.
  • Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million.
  • Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $28 million.
  • 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million.
  • Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million.
  • Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million.
  • Saints QB Drew Brees: $25 million.

Vikings are currently the only team above the cap for the 2020 season.  I'm not sure where they go from here.  Kirk is the type of QB you need to compete for a SB with on his rookie contract if you want a legitimate chance to win it all.  They've still been able to put a good team around him after paying him, but it's not good enough, and it's only going to get worse from here.

Archived