Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Vikes

TK

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Aikman nailed it. Haskins released that with his elbow ridiculously low. Another one of his mechanical issues. If the elbow is low the wrist pushes up, which allows the ball to sail. 

Im worried his mechanics will always revert to being sloppy, assuming progress is being made in practice

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

dan snyder's draft pick.  and all you people were hoping for something good.  WHY WOULD DAN SNYDER KNOW HOW TO PICK A QB?!?!  WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT????

I think you have to give him a chance - he does have raw talent.  BUT- I HATE the fact that Synder made this pick.  It almost makes me want to see Haskins fail.  That’s the curse of the midget.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Aikman nailed it. Haskins released that with his elbow ridiculously low. Another one of his mechanical issues. If the elbow is low the wrist pushes up, which allows the ball to sail. 

Which, if this is the kind of thing they ae working with him on, is a reason not to be starting him. All the "let him learn on the field" people need to realize you don't do the kind of work and drills to fix mechanical issues when you're preparing to start every week.

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

No **** he's not the answer this year. Daniel Jones has been bad, Baker Mayfield has been bad. Guess what you still have to play the guy and see if he can play. 

I know hes all thats we have to come off the bench. I thought this was not a good pick simply because he had 1 yr experince at football

Most of Cousins's passes he is dropping back and waiting for a screen to develop, or it is a pass 2 yards more sideways than it is forward.   It is a lot of quick, high percentage passes to get him in a rhythm and designed to keep the sticks moving.  In a one possession game, I am not sure why Kevin O'Connell wouldn't be calling a similar game for Haskins, especially considering he is a rookie with little experience.  Stop having him drop back and sit there trying to wait for stuff to develop. 

1 minute ago, GhostofSparta said:

Well worst case scenario: Haskins is absolute trash, we don't win another game, and get a top 5 pick so he can be replaced. If he's really as bad as some people think, there's literally no downside to letting him finish this awful season out.

We gotta at least give him a 2nd year. He's very raw, and Trevor Lawrence isn't eligible until 2021.

Archived