Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fan Revolt Thread

Renegade7

On 10/14/2019 at 9:47 PM, Renegade7 said:

I’m not falling for the Dolphins game, this problem is bigger then beating the one team trying to lose would solve. .....

What's the 'new' narrative on them winning the last 2? Or the Jets winning 2 to keep pace with them in the division. Another 'supposed' tanking team Atlanta going against the grain and beating the Saints to move to two wins?

Lucky? Not keeping to the script to actively lose out for the top pick? Opponents feeling sorry for a JV team and giving them a win? 

Asking for a friend. 

Hail. 

@Gibbs Hog Heaven what's changed is we've become worse then those teams, regardless of the reason they got better, we got worse.  Over under when we score another touchdown?

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Just listened to it, and some random person on twitter claiming this makes it even more unbelievable imo.  

The only rumor is him looking to get out, his frustration and being lost has had multiple sources attached to it now.  A lot of things were jus rumors at first.

This shouldnt stop any protest.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Gibbs Hog Heaven what's changed is we've become worse then those teams, regardless of the reason they got better, we got worse.  Over under when we score another touchdown?

Joking aside, the point being it's been beyond petty and ridiculous from many to just dismiss the Dolphins win and scandalously slate Miami for not trying to win the game. There's only 16 of these games a season and there's not a player or coach that doesn't want to, at the least, put some good film out there every chance they get when opportunity's are so limited. And by association, EVERY win in the NFL means something and the commitment and hard work that goes into getting them should be relished and applauded. The bigger picture of the state of the franchise shouldn't detract from that. 

The fume at the owner and his clown shoes sidekick clouds everything to the point where excuses for anything positive are shouted the loudest from the most reactionary. Which is ridiculous beyond the extreme. It'll be the same narrative on the Jets Sunday if the 'Skins win. 

As to the question. I'll take the over sooner rather than later the more Haskins (hopefully) get's comfortable out there. Which, in turn, should open up the offense far more off the run they've established to aid him. 

Hail. 

22 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I'm no longer passionate enough to revolt. Wake me when the team is sold. I'll be sleeping in the Tailgate.

I'm with you.

Monday after a bye feels like most other Mondays this year. There is no light at the end of the tunnel here. Thankfully, apathy has replaced anger and I imagine a lot of fans who paid for season tickets in 2019 are going to spend their money more wisely in 2020. ****, even if Bruce was fired and they did a complete house cleaning. It would take me no less than 3 full seasons of the franchise looking like it's being run properly for me to believe it. 

If you haven't already gone numb..... I have some advice for you.

32 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Joking aside, the point being it's been beyond petty and ridiculous from many to just dismiss the Dolphins win and scandalously slate Miami for not trying to win the game. There's only 16 of these games a season and there's not a player or coach that doesn't want to, at the least, put some good film out there every chance they get when opportunity's are so limited. And by association, EVERY win in the NFL means something and the commitment and hard work that goes into getting them should be relished and applauded. The bigger picture of the state of the franchise shouldn't detract from that. 

The fume at the owner and his clown shoes sidekick clouds everything to the point where excuses for anything positive are shouted the loudest from the most reactionary. Which is ridiculous beyond the extreme. It'll be the same narrative on the Jets Sunday if the 'Skins win. 

As to the question. I'll take the over sooner rather than later the more Haskins (hopefully) get's comfortable out there. Which, in turn, should open up the offense far more off the run they've established to aid him. 

Hail. 

This is a thread about protesting the owner, not the fans.  

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah man, DM me later this week and we'll iron something out.  I think @Destino will be there, too.  

I will be there, but as a member of the press and thus purely as a neutral observer.  I am not responsible for any flyers distributed by this @Renegade7 character.  Sounds shady to me.  I bet he's working for Bezos. 

Everything else aside (and yeah, there's a TON there!), Bezos would instantly garner one advantage that LilDan will never have- credibility. No one of consequence wants to work for Schnydurr, Bezos could attract talent to fundamentally alter the franchise.

It was weird this past Sunday because usually when the Redskins play their game before the bye week, I am like "ugh 2 FULL weeks without Redskins games" and then on Sunday it's killing me that they aren't on.

Well this past Sunday I went to my moms to help her then came home at like 1:30pm and put on Paw Patrol for my son.  After 2 episodes I was like "that is enough" and flipped to some BS channel just to turn off his show.  Then I realized it was like 2:30pm on Sunday and "oh yeah, football is on" so I flipped on the Ravens game, which was already out of hand at that point.  Then I turned on the Giants/Jets game and kind of watched it while I did stuff around the house.

I didn't for one second even miss the Redskins.

This is the first time in 20+ years I have felt that way.  

This Sunday I will be out of the country and it will be the first time ever that I am not going to go out of my way to watch the Redskins game.  Usually I will find SOME way to watch it, even if it's a bootleg stream on my laptop while on the beach.  But nope, this Sunday I won't even bother.  I'll check the NFL app after I'm in for the day.

28 minutes ago, purbeast said:

This Sunday I will be out of the country and it will be the first time ever that I am not going to go out of my way to watch the Redskins game.  Usually I will find SOME way to watch it, even if it's a bootleg stream on my laptop while on the beach.  But nope, this Sunday I won't even bother.  I'll check the NFL app after I'm in for the day.

I reached this point in 2014 I think. I tune in for the first few games of the season and then the rest of the season is watch only if I have nothing better to do. 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

It was weird this past Sunday because usually when the Redskins play their game before the bye week, I am like "ugh 2 FULL weeks without Redskins games" and then on Sunday it's killing me that they aren't on.

Well this past Sunday I went to my moms to help her then came home at like 1:30pm and put on Paw Patrol for my son.  After 2 episodes I was like "that is enough" and flipped to some BS channel just to turn off his show.  Then I realized it was like 2:30pm on Sunday and "oh yeah, football is on" so I flipped on the Ravens game, which was already out of hand at that point.  Then I turned on the Giants/Jets game and kind of watched it while I did stuff around the house.

I didn't for one second even miss the Redskins.

I entered this mode after Week 1.

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Everything else aside (and yeah, there's a TON there!), Bezos would instantly garner one advantage that LilDan will never have- credibility. No one of consequence wants to work for Schnydurr, Bezos could attract talent to fundamentally alter the franchise.

Bezos is a dickwad, just like Snyder... but he is NOT and INCOMPETENT dickwad.      that is a huge improvement.

8 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Well, Bezos obviously knows how to run a business and doesn’t suffer from Napoleon syndrome, so there’s that too. 

@Skinsinparadise I dont think this is going to work in terms of getting him to sell the team,  it looks like we may have something that cant be ignored, saw you and @Spaceman Spiff post this:

The reason why I say this is because being at the game today, I was in the 400s and couldnt hear it, but that doesnt change that that happened, it's in twitter now.  I talked to a lot of different fans and season ticket holders today and even a member of the marching band on the way on home on metro and theres almost universal agreement that the fanbase is just too exhausted to be angry anymore.  For us to not be relentlessly booing after being down more then 30, you can forget blocking the entrances to the stadium and season ticket holders demanding refunds for the remainder of the year.

But sell the team chants is exactly what the fanbase needs in regards to an easy, uniform rallying cry for displeasure with the one guy we all agree needs to change or leave or this wont change.  Not Bruce, not the players, not the fans, Snyder.

When I talked to a lot of season ticket holders, there was this frustration with how much they were paying per ticket then sitting next to someone who bought it for $20 bucks.  A lady offered a deal on hers in the 425 for rest of the year and didnt want to give them up out of not wanting to break her dad's heart who is dying.  I had to tell her with a straight face that her deal was $100 more then the $20 I paid to sit next to her.  

A couple I talked to admited that since it isnt a multi-year contract, but year to year, they plan to give them up if at least Bruce isnt fired and still come jus to save money.  The terrible reality is I truly believe that stadium could be empty and Snyder would still turn a profit, he doesnt need the fans, that's why he doesnt show in anyway that he cares about us at all.

Not only that, but I went down to lower level and got to talk to BMitch. I asked him if fans should be protesting and his response that the only way to get change is for us to show that we fans are angry about this and its unacceptable.  But he acknowledged the concern that people are too tired of this **** to be angry, it may be too late. 

We took a picture together but he said he didnt want my "Sell the Team" shirt fully exposed.  I didnt ask him why, because I knew the answer and why this wont work getting him to sell.  For someone who's reputation is predicated on speaking his mind, not wanting to link his support to wanting Snyder to sell the team tells me he has a line he doesnt think he can cross in the position hes in.  Which is a GD shame, if even BMitch wont come out and say what everyone knows and wants, how reliable is the local sports media in general going to be about making the case for him to sell? When I listen to some on the radio insist its never going to happen, I wonder if they are protecting themselves from using their platform to personally go after a billionaire in the same town as them.

So, ya, theres only so much I can do in regards to overextending myself and actually contributing, I'm almost done with school and getting married tomorrow.  But I'm doing my part with what I can do, which is really all I ever asked of anyone that still cares.  If you dont care, that's fine, but I'd you still do...

IMG_20191117_173114_637.jpg.493f0956b51ae8da894a2cbb0d66b3ba.jpg

I'll be at the giants game in a lower section to try help start louder sell the team chants.  We may be too exhausted to boo, but it's a less involved alternative to a full-on balls to the wall protest the situation would need to get Snyder to actually give up.

At the end of the day, I still love meeting up with fellow fans and voicing my displeasure in person.  Yall grown, I support yalls decisions, I will try to do my part while not letting this make me miserable.  The Redskins dont deserve the right to make miserable, I wont let them, and will focus on what I enjoy about it.  It's always been who I enjoy it with, for better or worse.

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Signed.  100 isnt enough, its was already in the 80s when I clicked the link.

Something is off about that counter.  I clicked the link 17 hours after you did and it was in the 80s when I got there and at 100 when I left.  Same as you.  I wonder what the real count is.

As a long time season ticket holder (in the family since the '60s) we dropped the 6 tix we had 8-10 years ago for many reasons - product on the field being #1. This is the 1st year in many that we haven't traveled to an away game. I haven't seen 10 minutes of a Skins game and probably less than that for all other NFL games combined.

To me, the entire game is a flawed product - basic rules (offensive holding) have no definition, are called randomly, and seemingly at inappropriate times against some teams. Not claiming conspiracy, just stating that calls are incredibly inconsistent.  

Back to the point: we have found other things to do in the Fall on Sundays (or Mondays, Thursdays). Things used to revolve around the game - now it's not even a second thought on game day. This owner has ruined it for us. Not sure what it will take to get us back. But both this owner & the NFL management will need to come up with something to change our minds. 

Archived