Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fan Revolt Thread

Renegade7

46 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I wouldn't go that far.  

well, suit yourself. 

no reporting hurts him more than bad reporting. If you pay attention to the media members they’ll keep reporting. 

Probably doesn’t  matter. I doubt there’s enough caring people to organize that it matters. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

well, suit yourself. 

no reporting hurts him more than bad reporting. If you pay attention to the media members they’ll keep reporting. 

Probably doesn’t  matter. I doubt there’s enough caring people to organize that it matters. 

The media members you are saying we should ignore fall into that category of caring.  Theres jus no way to get the word out the way we need to without them, imo.  

Again, anyone can protest or not protest however they wish, I'm glad some are posting how they plan to do it, even if its jus a straight boycott they already have been doing.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:
7 minutes ago, tshile said:

The media members you are saying we should ignore fall into that category of caring.  Theres jus no way to get thr word out the way we need to with mouth them, imo.  

I don’t think you need media members in 2019 to start a movement but ok

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This thread has me highly motivated to attend this weekends game.

I’ve spotted the 49ers fan.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The negative to this idea is that they still sold the tickets.  Sure it might result in less attendance, but at the end of the day, the tickets were sold, revenue went to the team. 

yeah but the stadium would be barren and that looks like ****.  Especially if Snyder is there (surely counting his stacks) looking over all the empty seats.

the optics bro

I think apathy is likely to be more effective than anything else.

We get more Skins coverage in local media, because that drives the ratings and get people to call in.  As long as 50-60% of the stadium get filled w skins fans, the remaining gets picked up by secondary sellers and other teams' fans.  

But what happens when people no longer tune into skins coverage?  What if stadium attendance falls to 20-30%?  

Snyder selling will never happen.  Firing Bruce isnt enough (remember when Vinny was the bane of our existence?  Turns out the problem was Snyder hiring people to play the role Vinny and Bruce plays).  The best people can hope for is that he hires a football guy to run the organization and not interfere.  

The only way that happens in my view is for Snyder to realize and admit that the only way to profitability is success on the field.  If enough people tune out until the product is good, hopefully Snyder gets the message.

I think the metric that will weigh the heaviest on Snyder's mind is the season tickets.  He wants a new stadium and the hallmark of any successful new stadium is PSL.  If lack of success on the field translates to lower season ticket sales, I think it will start to raise serious questions about the financial health of a new stadium.  Away fans can fill the seats, but they're not ponying up for PSLs.  And if secondary sellers can find plenty of tickets to resell without ponying up for season tickets or if the market is so glutted with secondary tickets that sellers hardly make any profit, they won't bother.  That's the best I can hope for.  Until then, I'm not spending a dime on this team.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This thread has me highly motivated to attend this weekends game.

Please do, I'd rather a Redskins fan in the stadium even if they dont participate in the protest then a 49ers fan.  I cant go, I have a business trip that weekend, but I'm going to the Jets game.

41 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I think the metric that will weigh the heaviest on Snyder's mind is the season tickets.  He wants a new stadium and the hallmark of any successful new stadium is PSL.  If lack of success on the field translates to lower season ticket sales, I think it will start to raise serious questions about the financial health of a new stadium.  Away fans can fill the seats, but they're not ponying up for PSLs.  And if secondary sellers can find plenty of tickets to resell without ponying up for season tickets or if the market is so glutted with secondary tickets that sellers hardly make any profit, they won't bother.  That's the best I can hope for.  Until then, I'm not spending a dime on this team.

Was reading around that many teams use the PSLs to pay for stadiums, forcing the costs they would pay onto the fans instead of actually out their own pocket.  Are the Redskins doing PSLs yet or jus suggesting that for the new stadium?

As for boycotts, I agree that's already started, but isnt getting the attention it needs:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/11/four-nfl-teams-have-lost-significant-numbers-of-fans-in-last-decade/amp/

Of the 12 franchises in the four sports to see the biggest decline in attendance, four were NFL teams.

Washington saw the biggest attendance decline among NFL franchises, ranking fifth with a 31.1 percent drop in average attendance, according to 24/7 Wall St.

The team led the NFL in average attendance in 2008, with 88,604 fans packing FedEx Field that season. In 2018, Washington averaged 61,028 fans, a decline of 31.1 percent.

Washington was the only NFL team that failed to fill at least three-quarters of seats in its stadium last season, per the website.

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Was reading around that many teams use the PSLs to pay for stadiums, forcing the costs they would pay onto the fans instead of actually out their own pocket.  Are the Redskins doing PSLs yet or jus suggesting that for the new stadium?

I think everyone does PSLs, but new stadiums tend to charge lot higher prices

37 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I think everyone does PSLs, but new stadiums tend to charge lot higher prices

Ya, I asked that because I couldnt confirm, but found a thread in the stadium from 2018 asking if we should.

I hate using wiki as source, but this is closest I can find to saying we do or dont (we dont according this)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_seat_license#National_Football_League_(NFL)_Seat_Licenses

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, I asked that because I couldnt confirm, but found a thread in the stadium from 2018 asking if we should.

I hate using wiki as source, but this is closest I can find to saying we do or dont (we dont according this)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_seat_license#National_Football_League_(NFL)_Seat_Licenses

Last time I got offered to purchase season tickets from the team (put my name on the wait list back in 2008 - got offers for about 3-4 years starting around 2012/13), there was no PSLs, just straight up price of the ticket and I think perhaps a one time first time buyers fee (nothing crazy if it was). 

The Panthers use the PSL format and so did my alma mater UNC-Charlotte (granted Jerry Richardson donated a **** ton of money for the stadium, etc. - so that format made sense).  My best friend is a Browns season ticket holder, they don't do PSLs either.

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Please do, I'd rather a Redskins fan in the stadium even if they dont participate in the protest then a 49ers fan.  I cant go, I have a business trip that weekend, but I'm going to the Jets game.

I'm going to the Jets game with my daughter, so at least 3 Redskins fans will be there 

If the two of you want clarity, that's easy, and it is certainly not my style to be cute or curt. 

If you are not a fan of the name or the team...why are you here? 

Self punishment? ignorance? or simply to troll and agitate? 

The owner cares a lot more than most of you realize. Is he perfect? Hell no. He does however, open up every option to make this team better. 

Think about it. It's not vague or cute, not even snarky. 

36 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

If you are not a fan of the name or the team..

Who said they weren’t a fan of the team or team name?

or are you one of those people who think you can’t be realistic and critical and also be a fan? 

you sound like someone who thought the 6-3 Alex Smith redskins were “close” 🤣

The question is..  would the NFL step in and do something unprecedented: ie: make an owner sell for losing his fanbase...    

or would the owner move the team to another city if he loses his fanbase in this one?
(Very doubtful Dan listens to fans demanding his GM get fired, no matter how much they don't spend. He makes money regardless.)

It's his. No one can make him do anything. If it is as so many think that profit is his primary motivation, moving won't matter to him. So-called cornerstone franchises have done it before. 

As it is, we constantly see our stadium overrun with opposing fans.

How much a stretch would it be to think that Dan markets in opposing cities with travel packages, bus trips, etc? How many companies does he have? Creating a travel service wouldn't be too hard, and really, not that hard to consider him doing it.

being a fan is voluntary. And the unfortunate reality of that is we are either in despite whatever dan does, or we get out. 

I am not one who thinks our roster is terrible. It has holes, but it's younger than it's been in seemingly forever. It's been coached poorly, and it has had plenty of injuries... and if you wanted to say Bruce is a problem for drafting broken players and expecting value, you'd be right.

The FO can be run better. But it isn't going to sell, and it is highly doubtful Dan can be bullied into firing anybody.. he has had 2 GMs in 20 years that i recall.  He made the hire of McCloughan, and no matter how anyone else wants to think, i think he likely did F up his job like he Fd up the ones he had before ours,, still hasn't got another one, and his picks almost all panned.

so for me,, i'll be watching on Sunday just like always. I buy my one ballcap and that's about it. I haven't been to a game in 12 years.

The players between the lines are who i'm cheering for, and they can't control anything above them. On Sunday, i don't think about Dan or Bruce.

~Bang

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

It's his. No one can make him do anything. 

This is not correct on two levels. One he’s majority owner but not sole owner and his majority ownership was bought with big time investor money

Also the nfl has options for people who are not original owner families. 

14 minutes ago, Bang said:

am not one who thinks our roster is terrible. It has holes, but it's younger than it's been in seemingly forever. It's been coached poorly, and it has had plenty of injuries... and if you wanted to say Bruce is a problem for drafting broken players and expecting value, you'd be right.

The FO can be run better.

Sure but real success is driven from the top. The top of ours is rot. And has been for 20 years now. 

yes we can be a 9 or 10 win team for a wild card or division in an off year for the division. Sure. 

marvelous. 

Archived