Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fan Revolt Thread

Renegade7

@Bang where are you seeing NFL made Redskins hire Brian Lafemina?  From what I remember and seeing is Snyder tried to get him for years and when Brian kept telling him what he didnt want to hear, Snyder and Bruce pushed him out.

40 Redskins employees have left since he was fired

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-40-employees-have-left-since-brian-lafemina-firing-chris-russell

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Bang where are you seeing NFL made Redskins hire Brian Lafemina?  From what I remember and seeing is Snyder tried to get him for years and when Brian kept telling him what he didnt want to hear, Snyder and Bruce pushed him out.

40 Redskins employees have left since he was fired

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-40-employees-have-left-since-brian-lafemina-firing-chris-russell

This i am not sure of, just things i have heard said. I thought he was sent in to try and right the ship. if he wasn't, it somewhat solidifies what i've said anyway... they aren't going to do anything. I just thought i had heard it back when he came on that he was there at not necessarily the behest of the league, but with the full favor of the league.

I'm a graphic designer, i do a lot of things for different companies. (Spent the summer working with the Washington Kastles and citi Open.. that was cool. Through sports related job boards and such, I know the Redskins have been looking for designers.
Aside from it being such a drive for me, i don't think id consider it even if it were closer. Those 40 people say a lot by their leaving. Very bad in that building.  (this is why i also did not find it hard to believe when lavar said last week you c an't even look Dan in the eye. the "Mr. Snyder" business we all knew about.. the eye business is not much further of a step for the li'l fella)

the problems definitely stem from the top. But we can't actually do anything about it.

~Bang

1 hour ago, Bang said:

the problems definitely stem from the top. But we can't actually do anything about it.

~Bang

We've chatted before about eternal optimism, and I'll say I wouldnt be alive without it but sometimes wonder if it's going to get me killed one day.

Blind faith is dangerous, blind optimism is stupid, I learned that the hard way long time ago, that's not what this is.

The odds of this getting Snyder to sell the team are slim to none.  I say that because it's obvious a lot of people wish he would, but also have enough of their own problems to make this one of them. This is very much about making clear that this is not okay and not going to fall for his attempts to make it seem like he wants to win at all costs when really what hes doing is trying to prove hes right and making as much money as possible at the same time.  Theres absolutely a way to make this happen, I jus dont know if enough people really want to do it.  

Theres a difference in "not going to work" and "not worth trying".  I deal with that everyday at work because I work in a field that you can be in the wrong environment for wanting something for someone more then they want it for themselves.  I take my job too seriously for where I'm at because I care.  The solution isnt to have an aneurysm over it, I know what to do, but that doesnt work with being a fan, I cant go to another team, I wont do it.

The thing is if I'm going to systematically either drop stuff off my plate what shouldnt be there or rearrange how I deal with it, I have to ask what I did to get to that point first.  My relationship with some of my family members, I've done what I can.  My current job, I've done what I can.  But this, I dont think I have yet.  I'll feel better once I do, regardless where it ends up.

Is this that moment where we finally say enough is enough so we can look back and say we tried, or jus surrender and hope for the best trying to convince ourselves we dont know exactly where its headed?  The absolute last thing I wanted to see was fans fighting each other instead of fighting Snyder.  That's how people like him stay in power.

I hope I'm not offending anyone with this or making it seem like I'm pulling people's fan cards.  This isnt a purity test, I'm fed up and going to be pissed if this guy gets a stadium in DC that becomes a tourist attraction for other people's fans and the money that should be going to keep trains I take to work from derailing go to help him do that.

Well, the good news is with the redskins in the dumper, the NFL has been doing it's level best to officiate all joy out of watching any games at all. So if the time comes, it'll probably be easier to transition into another Sunday activity.

~Bang

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Well, the good news is with the redskins in the dumper, the NFL has been doing it's level best to officiate all joy out of watching any games at all. So if the time comes, it'll probably be easier to transition into another Sunday activity.

~Bang

That’s what I’ve done. I watch at the start but at some point it becomes obvious they suck. I got kids and a lot of landscaping to manage. 3 hours on a Sunday is precious time to me. So, they’re going to be garbage again I’ll do something else and check in next September. 

I don’t even watch the draft because what’s the point? What is the value in having paid attention to the Redskins draft (possibilities beforehand and analysis and highlights and arguing afterwards) when they fire their coach after game 5, and are in their current state?

redskins are in my blood. It’ll never go away. It’s part of my soul

but I got better things to do than donate time to the Snyder-run Redskins which are a weekly embarrassment. Life’s too short. So much to do. 

I like football but I stopped liking the nfl years ago. The goodell era has ruined it for me. So, last weekend we went to a farm fall festival thing. Was awesome. and all I missed was the dolphins being able to beat us but choosing the #1 pick instead. 

Nats are in the World Series. I’ll donate my tv time to them for now. 

Ahhhhhh..........while I appreciate the sentiment there's nothing that fans can say to "get" to LilDanny, he is immune to anyone elses opinion

Wanna try something different? At the moment of the opening kickoff against the Niners, everyone everywhere concentrate as hard as you can on his lil head

51 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s what I’ve done. I watch at the start but at some point it becomes obvious they suck. I got kids and a lot of landscaping to manage. 3 hours on a Sunday is precious time to me. So, they’re going to be garbage again I’ll do something else and check in next September. 

I don’t even watch the draft because what’s the point? What is the value in having paid attention to the Redskins draft (possibilities beforehand and analysis and highlights and arguing afterwards) when they fire their coach after game 5, and are in their current state?

redskins are in my blood. It’ll never go away. It’s part of my soul

but I got better things to do than donate time to the Snyder-run Redskins which are a weekly embarrassment. Life’s too short. So much to do. 

I like football but I stopped liking the nfl years ago. The goodell era has ruined it for me. So, last weekend we went to a farm fall festival thing. Was awesome. and all I missed was the dolphins being able to beat us but choosing the #1 pick instead. 

Nats are in the World Series. I’ll donate my tv time to them for now. 

Me either,, as i said, i can probably total the amount of money he's gotten from me under a hundred bucks in the last ten years. I like my ballcap though. 

I watch most of the other stuff like the draft for podcast material. The draft is usually pretty good for a few laughs we can have fun with.  But overall, even if i have interest in who we pick, i can easily find out through a zillion sources without having to watch a 3 hour broadcast for literally about 5 minutes of news.
It is close to a tipping point. Fans are disgusted by the officiating, the rules are being changed to prevent future lawsuits, and football is being legislated out of football. Plus the ridiculous prices involved, and i think they may be heading for a fall. Goodell has taken the game away from the true fans who watch their teams like a part of the family, a tradition.. now he'd rather have fantasy football players and daily fantasy gamblers.

So many younger fans now are not glued to a team, just follow players.

C'est la Vie. Get off my lawn and all that.

~BAng

I'm not going to STOP being a fan but I don't think i can make it this Sunday despite it being Homecoming. I just am too old to go through the routine now just to see them get ground up to a pulp. Things may get very ugly Sunday. ****, I've already seen 3 beatdowns already. Cowboys, Bears, and Patriots. So I'm sorry to all the regulars I see at the ES Tailgate but I may not make it there Sunday. Just can't do it.

The way the team is playing it's better off I sit at home and watch. Hell, the last times the Redskins won at home (Cowboys, Panthers, Packers) I wasn't at the game. Maybe this is my fault.

9 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm not going to STOP being a fan but I don't think i can make it this Sunday despite it being Homecoming. I just am too old to go through the routine now just to see them get ground up to a pulp. Things may get very ugly Sunday. ****, I've already seen 3 beatdowns already. Cowboys, Bears, and Patriots. So I'm sorry to all the regulars I see at the ES Tailgate but I may not make it there Sunday. Just can't do it.

The way the team is playing it's better off I sit at home and watch. Hell, the last times the Redskins won at home (Cowboys, Panthers, Packers) I wasn't at the game. Maybe this is my fault.

Well, i am relieved to find out it is indeed your fault. I threw out my lucky socks a few years ago and have been sweating it ever since.

Stay home!

~Bang

• 4 weeks later...

@Skinsinparadise pointed this out to me that's theres a serious rumor floating around that Snyder is investigating what it would take to get out.  It came up in sportsjunkies the other day (skip to 21 minutes, wait a couple more for more details)

https://19743.mc.tritondigital.com/OMNY_THESPORTSJUNKIES_P/media-session/f0552ec3-1f0d-4f34-97fd-25c3c7eeecd3/d/clips/4b5f9d6d-9214-48cb-8455-a73200038129/446b28a7-7167-402f-bf3b-a7a001770a24/83f1babf-3204-4ab2-b27e-aafd00e26c21/audio/direct/t1573047995/11_6-_Hour_2-_Skins_at_7,_Moving_to_London,_Blitz.mp3?t=1573047995

At this point, I dont care who does or doesnt like Snyder, I smell blood.  In light of the number of articles concerning Bezos wanting an NFL team and being close with Snyder, this again seems like the best time to go all in on this.

I'll be at the Jets game to hand out flyers and still plan to make my gofundme for the mobile ad on the giants game.  I still believe we should go all in to protest on the Giants game.  

If some of yall dont want to, that's fine, but this is only a small composite of the fan base.  The number of fans that have never heard of extremeskins is astronomical,  then number of people in this area that dont care about the skins but want Snyder gone is as well.

@Spaceman Spiff I had a rough weekend, but still going to reach out, you going to be at the Jets game? 

I can only do what I can, other people want this, I'm not the only who wants this

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rumor from the Junkies. It could all end up BS.  But it’s fun to hope. Granted it’s an off chance but I figure it’s now or never with the stadium issue adding an unusual circumstance that might help 

Agree no one has substatiated it yet, likely because of sensitivity of the matter. Whoever he supposedly is talking to it sounds like they'd be afraid to lose his business if it leaks and any leverage in regards to free agency.  Itd be a Trent Green situation all over again, if it's true, it won't come out until he wants it to.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

lolol come on man, he's not gonna sell

Are you insiting that's true or hoping that's true?  What do you get out if convincing yourself this is impossible?

Bezos is not hiding he wants to buy a team and reaching out to Snyder about how to do it.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/11/10/20955619/amazons-jeff-bezos-wants-to-own-an-nfl-team-and-he-could-help-dan-snyder-get-a-new-stadium

Jason La Canfora reports that Amazon's Jeff Bezos is interested in owning an NFL team, and other owners are all for it. Bezos has the support of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, and has strong ties to Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Agree no one has substatiated it yet, likely because of sensitivity of the matter. Whoever he supposedly is talking to it sounds like they'd be afraid to lose his business if it leaks and any leverage in regards to free agency.  Itd be a Trent Green situation all over again, if it's true, it won't come out until he wants it to.

Are you insiting that's true or hoping that's true?  What do you get out if convincing yourself this is impossible?

Bezos is not hiding he wants to buy a team and reaching out to Snyder about how to do it.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/11/10/20955619/amazons-jeff-bezos-wants-to-own-an-nfl-team-and-he-could-help-dan-snyder-get-a-new-stadium

He's not going to sell the team to Bezos.  He's friends with Dan and Jerry Jones and is building an Amazon hub/plant in the area and Jones has stated he would like to see him be an owner.  His chance would be if the Seahawks get put up for sale after the season. 

I think that he might try to help Dan out with a new stadium, which would render Bruce useless, and hopefully lead to him being fired.  That's probably the only good thing that will come out of this.

I could see a situation where Bezos works with the Redskins to help the DC stadium deal get done and a percentage of the team in the process. Bezos gets to be more involved in how the sausage gets made and gets compensated in his investment as the team shoots up in value. And it's gets Bezos access to the room when he buys the... expansion London Redcoats or whatever. 

43 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

He's not going to sell the team to Bezos.  He's friends with Dan and Jerry Jones and is building an Amazon hub/plant in the area and Jones has stated he would like to see him be an owner.  His chance would be if the Seahawks get put up for sale after the season. 

I think that he might try to help Dan out with a new stadium, which would render Bruce useless, and hopefully lead to him being fired.  That's probably the only good thing that will come out of this.

There's some coincidental pillars of smoke going on all the sudden that weren't there a month ago.  We've gone from impossible to a multibillionare moving in the area openly saying he wants to own a team.  If the rumor of Snyder weighing his options is ever substaintisted, i don't think the smoke will stop until Bezos finally gets a team.

This has gone from impossible to improbable, where will we be in another month or two when this team is 1-15 and no one wants to coach the team or get Bruces job while Snyder is still the owner?

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise pointed this out to me that's theres a serious rumor floating around that Snyder is investigating what it would take to get out.  It came up in sportsjunkies the other day (skip to 21 minutes, wait a couple more for more details)

https://19743.mc.tritondigital.com/OMNY_THESPORTSJUNKIES_P/media-session/f0552ec3-1f0d-4f34-97fd-25c3c7eeecd3/d/clips/4b5f9d6d-9214-48cb-8455-a73200038129/446b28a7-7167-402f-bf3b-a7a001770a24/83f1babf-3204-4ab2-b27e-aafd00e26c21/audio/direct/t1573047995/11_6-_Hour_2-_Skins_at_7,_Moving_to_London,_Blitz.mp3?t=1573047995

At this point, I dont care who does or doesnt like Snyder, I smell blood.  In light of the number of articles concerning Bezos wanting an NFL team and being close with Snyder, this again seems like the best time to go all in on this.

I'll be at the Jets game to hand out flyers and still plan to make my gofundme for the mobile ad on the giants game.  I still believe we should go all in to protest on the Giants game.  

If some of yall dont want to, that's fine, but this is only a small composite of the fan base.  The number of fans that have never heard of extremeskins is astronomical,  then number of people in this area that dont care about the skins but want Snyder gone is as well.

@Spaceman Spiff I had a rough weekend, but still going to reach out, you going to be at the Jets game? 

I can only do what I can, other people want this, I'm not the only who wants this

Yeah man, DM me later this week and we'll iron something out.  I think @Destino will be there, too.  

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

There's some coincidental pillars of smoke going on all the sudden that weren't there a month ago.  We've gone from impossible to a multibillion moving in the area openly saying he wants to own a team.  If the rumor of Snyder weighing his options is ever substaintisted, i don't think the smoke will stop until Bezos finally gets a team.

This has gone from impossible to improbable, where will we be in another month or two when this team is 1-15 and no one wants to coach the team or get Bruces job while Snyder is still the owner?

Snyder would have to want to sell the team.  He's had no problem the past 2 decades of ruining the franchise and not getting people wanting to coach here.  I don't see him selling the team, especially since it's value is still so high. 

And Bezos has ties to Seattle anyhow, buying the Seahawks if they go on the market makes more sense than Dan agreeing to sell the Redskins to him.  

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Snyder would have to want to sell the team.  He's had no problem the past 2 decades of ruining the franchise and not getting people wanting to coach here.  I don't see him selling the team, especially since it's value is still so high. 

And Bezos has ties to Seattle anyhow, buying the Seahawks if they go on the market makes more sense than Dan agreeing to sell the Redskins to him.  

Did you listen to clip i posted?  I believe this bothers the hell out of Snyder but is in denial it's his own fault.  The cracks that are rumored is him possibly starting believe that his reputation, deserved or not, is too toxic to get someone in to help him turn this around.  I believe he really does want to the Redskins to win, but realizing it won't be under him at the rate this is going.

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Did you listen to clip i posted?  I believe this bothers the hell out of Snyder but is in denial it's his own fault.  The cracks that are rumored is him possibly starting believe that his reputation, deserved or not, is too toxic to get someone in to help him turn this around.  I believe he really does want to the Redskins to win, but realizing it won't be under him at the rate this is going.

Just listened to it, and some random person on twitter claiming this makes it even more unbelievable imo.  

Archived