Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

You can deny sound logic and stay niece if you'd like. 

Yes it is a moot point but we are still in the running for pick 1, but it just got a lot more difficult. 

Series. I didnt mention quite that much. My guess was conservative based on history. 

Ok, this is seriously my last comment but this stuff about logic - that is the entire problem here. Not trying to e ugly here, but you are working on anything but logic. It's all a fans speculation based on what you want to believe with zero, and i stress ZERO foundation in logic or reason. Nothing you have said has even the most remote chance of happening based solely on getting either the 1st or 2nd rd draft pick. It's all a fantasy. 

And again, you stated "twice" as much with the #1 than the #2. I mentioned we gave up 2 #1s and a #2 to move to 6. This means someone would have to give up 4 1sts and 2 2nds, or some equivalent, to be double. There is no logical way to get there. 

11 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Series. I didnt mention quite that much. My guess was conservative based on history. 

Ok, at least you aren't completely crazy. It would still be a near impossible task to get that much return on a single pick. To get the potential for maximum value you'd have to receive picks in future years which will have less value than picks in the current year. Then you have to throw in the variable of where there are multiple teams that are interested in the same player...enough to leverage one against the other and make them feel the need to trade up.  The thing I get the most frustrated about with trade discussions is that there always seems to be the assumption that we will have a trade partner no matter the situation.  "Oh we should just trade Josh Norman for a <insert round>".

20 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

Ok, at least you aren't completely crazy. It would still be a near impossible task to get that much return on a single pick. To get the potential for maximum value you'd have to receive picks in future years which will have less value than picks in the current year. Then you have to throw in the variable of where there are multiple teams that are interested in the same player...enough to leverage one against the other and make them feel the need to trade up.  The thing I get the most frustrated about with trade discussions is that there always seems to be the assumption that we will have a trade partner no matter the situation.  "Oh we should just trade Josh Norman for a <insert round>".

Yes I agree that getting a ridiculous amount for tua from the dolphins (something like 3+ first rounders would be unlikely). 

We would get a lot though... 

And then we could turn around and trade the pick that we got from the dolphins to the next team that wants a qb. 

Essentially just moving from pick 1 to pick 2 to whatever pick we got next. 

The above poster thinks that is ludicrous; however, the logic is sound. 

The only way that it doesn't work out is if tua and herbert have brutal injuries (very low %) OR if scouts cool off on herbert (low %). Additionally, the Bengals could go 0-16, but they play the dolphins (so low %).

I haven't even mentioned getting purging the roster for draft picks, because though it needs to be done, I don't think it would help out much regarding draft capital. 

29 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Ok, this is seriously my last comment but this stuff about logic - that is the entire problem here. Not trying to e ugly here, but you are working on anything but logic. It's all a fans speculation based on what you want to believe with zero, and i stress ZERO foundation in logic or reason. Nothing you have said has even the most remote chance of happening based solely on getting either the 1st or 2nd rd draft pick. It's all a fantasy. 

And again, you stated "twice" as much with the #1 than the #2. I mentioned we gave up 2 #1s and a #2 to move to 6. This means someone would have to give up 4 1sts and 2 2nds, or some equivalent, to be double. There is no logical way to get there. 

As you aforementioned you aren't reading and/or certainly aren't comprehending my posts. 

@sportjunkie07 I think you’ve made a fair point.  A lot could change between now and the draft (records, a prospect shining or dipping, etc), but I don’t think you’re being unrealistic in your estimates.  Of course, it would take some savvy to pull it off which is not something I’d associate with Allen.  I could also see teams not trading up for someone like Herbert because there are other options (and they’ll know by then if qb is on our board or not and maybe even which teams like which prospects).  But who knows.  

38 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

The only team in the NFC East to win this week....your very own Washington Redskins!  

Maybe I have to rewatch it to appreciate that game more.  But baking in the sun it looked a lot like the score ended up being which is the two worse teams in the NFL going toe to toe right to the last second and much of the game was ugly to watch.  I thought we'd be better than that.  But heck the season is still young.

The Dolphins lost their other games:  59-10, 43-0, 31-6, 30-10.   

I said before today I thought we'd win this one, the Jets game and maybe the Giants game.  Now I am not sure about the Jets game.  They looked better than we did today.  But again I'll rewatch the game with the TV tape so maybe I'll feel better about it after that -- maybe baking in the sun made me grumpy. :(   

I think the problem with the team is simple.  It's the quarterback.  Tough to win when you don't have that dude.    I like Peterson, our defensive line and McLaurin.  But they need some more help.  If that D line had a stud pass rusher like Chase Young, watch out.  We are about to play SF which IMO is a running example of why I want a top pick.  Bosa has made a big difference for them.  

I am pretty sure today was the first day I didn't want us to win.  In part because as a big FU to Miami for not trying.

And we wouldn't have, had it not been for Bruce dumb lucking into TMC, which you know we got because he played with Haskins and the clincher, was good on teams.

9 minutes ago, owa said:

HTTR!  Very happy for the win!  Closer than I expected but a win none-the-less.  Hope the whiners rooting for us to lose drown in their sorrows. :)  Today is a happy day!

They have places for you to get help there are meds for your condition !😂

56 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

@sportjunkie07 I think you’ve made a fair point.  A lot could change between now and the draft (records, a prospect shining or dipping, etc), but I don’t think you’re being unrealistic in your estimates.  Of course, it would take some savvy to pull it off which is not something I’d associate with Allen.  I could also see teams not trading up for someone like Herbert because there are other options (and they’ll know by then if qb is on our board or not and maybe even which teams like which prospects).  But who knows.  

One thing that nobody is addressing is this;

Yes it is the modern era of football, but there's no guarantee that T'ua or however his named is spelled will sign if picked by the Redskins.

He could pull an Elway' or ' Eli ' and say he doesn't want to play for the Redskins.

Now THAT would be a huge ****-slap to Allen's face.

10 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

One thing that nobody is addressing is this;

Yes it is the modern era of football, but there's no guarantee that T'ua or however his named is spelled will sign if picked by the Redskins.

He could pull an Elway' or ' Eli ' and say he doesn't want to play for the Redskins.

Now THAT would be a huge ****-slap to Allen's face.

Wow. Great point. It seems inevitable no one wants to come here including draft picks. 

And here I thought losing to Miami would be potentially rock bottom.... rookie mistake!

I'm surprised that the ending of this game didn't just make some of the fans around here decided that it's NOT just the Dolphin's front office that wants them to tank, since  poor decisions like that can cost youplus occasional "bad luck" or mental mistakes

Have your kicker send it out of bounds on a kickoff.  Drop a pass in the endzone.  Don't run out of bounds when you can

5 minutes ago, carex said:

I'm surprised that the ending of this game didn't just make some of the fans around here decided that it's NOT just the Dolphin's front office that wants them to tank, since  poor decisions like that can cost youplus occasional "bad luck" or mental mistakes

Have your kicker send it out of bounds on a kickoff.  Drop a pass in the endzone.  Don't run out of bounds when you can

Huh?

when-the-tech-architect-joins-the-pitch-10-mins-late-on-a-conf-call-line.gif.703fc0f11c0e713fb35a2cc3be5d4e20.gif

Archived