Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

1 minute ago, carex said:

I watch football to see the Redskins win as often as possible and I liked seeing Peterson and McLauren

This brings up the question as we move forward.  When is the breaking point?

I love watching these guys and others play as well.  But, after 20 years of no better than average with no current future in site, when does a chunk of the fan base stop caring?

Bruce is a tool, the owner is horrible, we have no coaches and we have so far not been able to draft a franchise QB.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Fuming. That game going the Dolphins way was maybe our best chance at a real future. Not even sure I can bring myself to watch the rest of the games

It's wild how 0-16 gives the team their best chance at a real future, but 1-15 cements them in mediocrity lol...

Haskins becoming a legit franchise QB gives the team their best chance at a real future. In my eyes, that's still in play.

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yep.  I don't recall ever seeing a winless team in a position to tie a game in the final seconds, go for a 2pt conversion versus kicking the extra point and going to OT for the potential win.  The NFL should take away their first round pick in the 2020 draft for this kind of bull****. 

It's bad enough they traded everyone away and made it obvious they were in tank mode.  But now this ****, shameful, pathetic.........

The Texans did it 5-6 years ago (Kubiak was coaching at the time), but they were a competitive team then. It’s obvious the dolphins are fixed.

Just now, Califan007 said:

It's wild how 0-16 gives the team their best chance at a real future, but 1-15 cements them in mediocrity lol...

Haskins becoming a legit franchise QB gives the team their best chance at a real future. In my eyes, that's still in play.

My scenario also leaves that in play, I wasn't necessarily talking Tua. The package of picks we could get for trading down from #1 would be franchise-changing, and the odds of that happening now are much slimmer.

6 minutes ago, carex said:

I watch football to see the Redskins win as often as possible and I liked seeing Peterson and McLauren

I never said you shouldn’t.

what I said was I don’t want anyone to think beating the Dolphins by 1 on a missed chance by them means we’re in good shape.

Ive never advocated for the Skins to lose. If they lose it’s a benefit for the team. But I will never be someone that is for a tank.

Beating the Dolphins by 1 isn’t a win. It’s a microcosm of the Redskins over the last 20 years.

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yep.  I don't recall ever seeing a winless team in a position to tie a game in the final seconds, go for a 2pt conversion versus kicking the extra point and going to OT for the potential win.  The NFL should take away their first round pick in the 2020 draft for this kind of bull****. 

It's bad enough they traded everyone away and made it obvious they were in tank mode.  But now this ****, shameful, pathetic.........

Dude. They put in Fitzpatrick instead of just continuing to lose with Rosen and saying they were "developing him", an easy out as we beat them by multiple scores. 

That right there is proof the coaches were trying to win. 

3 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

This brings up the question as we move forward.  When is the breaking point?

I love watching these guys and others play as well.  But, after 20 years of no better than average with no current future in site, when does a chunk of the fan base stop caring?

Bruce is a tool, the owner is horrible, we have no coaches and we have so far not been able to draft a franchise QB.

there is no breaking point for me. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

My scenario also leaves that in play, I wasn't necessarily talking Tua. The package of picks we could get for trading down from #1 would be franchise-changing, and the odds of that happening now are much slimmer.

Ah, misunderstood you, then...true, having #1 pick overall would be best way to gain a bevy of picks in a trade down. Can still get some good draft capital trading from #2, though, but no not as much.

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Relax.

Right now, it looks like the Redskins will be picking #2.

The Dolphins will take Tua. So the Redskins will have their choice of players or trading down.

wrong.  not necessarily.  recall my theorem regarding the concept of "Snyder's Law" which basically states the organization will always do the 1 thing anybody with basic football insticts would never even consider.  if that draft position holds true, then expect Dan Snyder to fall in love with Tua, trade 2020 and 2021 #1s to move up 1 spot to take "his new guy" and the Dolphins move down to #2 (and take the other QB who ends up with the better NFL career).  This will happen because of Snyder's Law.

Archived