Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Actually, I was speaking to the intent, not the material posted.

If it's intended to talk about Haskins, it belongs here.  If it doesn't have anything to do with Haskins, it belongs elsewhere.  I'm not a mod, but I think that's kinda obvious as missing a pass to a wide open running back in the flat.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

If it's intended to talk about Haskins, it belongs here.  If it doesn't have anything to do with Haskins, it belongs elsewhere.  I'm not a mod, but I think that's kinda obvious as missing a pass to a wide open running back in the flat.

So by your logic, my post is fine, as it was intended to talk about the poor coaching staff Haskins was/is surrounded with.

Thanks for proving my point.

Thinking about the fact that they intentionally left Donald single blocked, with likely Martin, is one of the absolute worst coaching decisions I’ve ever seen. 

I don’t know what’s worse, though. If it was planned that way or one of our guys messed it up and didn’t double.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So by your logic, my post is fine, as it was intended to talk about the poor coaching staff Haskins was/is surrounded with.

Thanks for proving my point.

I mean, you can cross the Grand Canyon with that leap in logic.  You took a post that had to do with Aaron Donald being single teamed as a reason he got 4 sacks in a game that DWAYNE HASKINS DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT TO THE STADIUM FOR and wanted to use that as a talking point about someone who wasn't in a 50 mile radius of the stadium.  

If that's your point, I wouldn't even call it a point, more like a stubby little nub of something resembling a point consisting of dog poop that your kid fashioned in the back yard.  

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Thinking about the fact that they intentionally left Donald single blocked, with likely Martin, is one of the absolute worst coaching decisions I’ve ever seen. 

I don’t know what’s worse, though. If it was planned that way or one of our guys messed it up and didn’t double.

I would guess it was planned. Another test. Another failed test. Another benching.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Nobody is questioning the team's disfunction. But I'm curious as to why you are giving Dayne a pass for consistently showing a lazy, diva work ethic.  His poor play is just as much a function of this as it is the coaching changes.

Oh yeah, respond to my PMs please.  

Bro I'm not giving him a pass. I'm simply

1. Not exaggerating his struggles like some are

2. Acknowledging the context of how we contributed to his struggles

The lazy diva narrative yall have ran with completely ignores that he was documented busting his butt all offseason- under strange circumstances of no official offseason program. I read and saw him training all offseason, with our WRs and WRs around the league, liters posting his workouts weekly. Now he's lazy and never works hard? I don't buy it. He rubbed someone the wrong way, they gossiped about him to the media, and we ran with the narrative. Rivera saying he needs more time is not the same as saying he's a lazy diva with no work ethic lol.

And cool, I'll check the PM now.

17 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I would guess it was planned. Another test. Another failed test. Another benching.

If thats the case the maybe these tests aren't designed to be passable but rather give the coach a concrete reason for benching. All at the expense of the qb's health. not a great look if true, especially for Smith.

8 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

The lazy diva narrative yall have ran with completely ignores that he was documented busting his butt all offseason- under strange circumstances of no official offseason program. I read and saw him training all offseason, with our WRs and WRs around the league, liters posting his workouts weekly. Now he's lazy and never works hard? I don't buy it. He rubbed someone the wrong way, they gossiped about him to the media, and we ran with the narrative. Rivera saying he needs more time is not the same as saying he's a lazy diva with no work ethic lol.

So you are still giving him a pass. What he did in May does not matter as much as what he does in September.  And again 2 different coaching staffs have come to the same conclusion, he's just not putting in the effort to be a better QB and that takes more than working out in the offseason with WRs.   Frankly I don't know how much more evidence you should need. 

10 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Seems to be too many rumors for there not to be some truth to it. Ron even gave kind of an excuse for how he was talking about Haskins saying he was trying to be positive to build his confidence, but at the same time saying he gave him all the reps in camp and simply didn't see what he needed to see in the 4 weeks. That could be work ethic, preparation, on field performance, off field actions, or all the above. Ron never mentions he's a hard worker or that he tried his hardest and just needs to work on some areas. He seems done with him, like he doesn't want to deal with him for whatever reason.

4 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Seems to be too many rumors for there not to be some truth to it. Ron even gave kind of an excuse for how he was talking about Haskins saying he was trying to be positive to build his confidence, but at the same time saying he gave him all the reps in camp and simply didn't see what he needed to see in the 4 weeks. That could be work ethic, preparation, on field performance, off field actions, or all the above. Ron never mentions he's a hard worker or that he tried his hardest and just needs to work on some areas. He seems done with him, like he doesn't want to deal with him for whatever reason.

This sums it up really well, I think.  I don't think it's any one specific thing with him but it's a culmination of things.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

My point is that you have to win games to recruit good players at a fair price and you need good players at a fair price to win. That’s not hard to understand and you don’t really have an argument against it.

In normal years I'm right there with you.

But if there is a serious cap crunch...

And all the underwater teams flush the market w/ talent making a superpool..

and WSH is like one of only ten teams above water that have actual money to spend...

I'm excited for that prospect. Gotta hit something when you shooting at a barrel full of fish.

It's not hard to follow the Haskins work ethic narrative

A.  Some concerns raised about it before the draft.  Some of that was posted here.  An executive just the other day said they had work habits red flagged about him predraft.

B.  Concerns raised from multiple fronts about his work habits last year.  FO.  Coaching.  National media.  Local media.  All over town.  Most of that stuff was posted on this very thread. 

C.  Scott Turner, Doug, Rivera in their statements more or less challenged Doug to work harder.  All of that stuff posted on the thread, the Doug stuff was just reposted.

D.  Haskins met their challenge in the off season.  Rivera said Haskins did a 180 personality implying work ethic dramatically improved in the off season.

E.  Once he was named the starter the "new" work habits didn't last.  And he resorted back to last season or something like that.  This narrative echoed by just about everyone who covers the team

It's not a new narrative.  But to some who are upset at ther story -- the story starts and ends at D.  There was no prior narrative about this to them.  It was Haskins being Peyton Manning workaholic from the jump so why are people all of a sudden jumping on him?  

The best analogy that hits me is a fat dude weighs 250 pounds last year.  His doctor tells them to lose weight.  The dude does and he gets down to 180.  Then all of a sudden his bad habits resurface and puts on another 20 pounds. 

And then some are saying why are you giving a hard time to a dude who is just about always skinny and is disciplined?  The dude just put on 20 pounds so what, he was a skinny 180 pounds so that skinny dude is entitled to put on some weight for a change and he will take it right back off.  Why pick on him for nothing?  What you say he was once 250 pounds? That's a lie.  No way dude, what are you talking about.  He was 180 pounds and never had any issues ever with his weight. 

17 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

In normal years I'm right there with you.

But if there is a serious cap crunch...

And all the underwater teams flush the market w/ talent making a superpool..

and WSH is like one of only ten teams above water that have actual money to spend...

I'm excited for that prospect. Gotta hit something when you shooting at a barrel full of fish.

Oh is that what’s happening? I didn’t even know that. That does make the low spending this offseason make much more sense. 

42 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Seems to me too many times these rumors come from this team for it not to be a cultural problem. How many years of leaks and gossip before we start to be a bit more cautious before taking the bait? We don't know who the gossip came from or how Rivera truly feels so everyone is entitled to their interpretation.

48 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So you are still giving him a pass. What he did in May does not matter as much as what he does in September.  And again 2 different coaching staffs have come to the same conclusion, he's just not putting in the effort to be a better QB and that takes more than working out in the offseason with WRs.   Frankly I don't know how much more evidence you should need. 

I have no issue with those of you who took the bait. I just don't buy the scapegoat narrative. Everyone knew he would need time. Now that he needs time, I'm not going to call him a bust. It's like when we had Sweat in coverage last season. We go off schedule with the process and blame the player. Also, Haskins didn't look anywhere near as terrible on the field as some make it seem, in my opinion. I've read guys compliment the likes of Sam Darnold while grilling Haskins. People are clearly seeing what they want to see, and I can't debate that. If you're just talking about football, and not relying heavily on rumors and conjecture, Haskins still has all the tools to develop into a solid QB in this league. You all talk like he's a bum who ruined our great winning ways, but I'm not buying it. He's just your latest scapegoat.

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

So now the word is there is a bug going around Redskins park and other guys are getting sick. I can't remember who was named by the reporter but Ron admitted it 

EDIT: Finley asked the question and I believe that he said Sharpe was sick today. Not sure who else. 

I blame Haskins :P 

Archived