Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, KDawg said:

When you, a guy who is a second year player trying to earn your stripes, tells a NFL vet “what do you want?” As soon as he walks up to you...

Not good.

If he yelled “what do you want”, or asked it in a “ughhh, what do you want?????” type of way, id agree. The calm way he asked it, didn’t sound bad at all to me. I guess it’ll sound different to everyone, though. 

to me, what he did wrong was ask “what if you’re wrong?” As if there was no way Davis could be right. That’s the bad part. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If he yelled “what do you want”, or asked it in a “ughhh, what do you want?????” type of way, id agree. The calm way he asked it, didn’t sound bad at all to me. I guess it’ll sound different to everyone, though. 

to me, what he did wrong was ask “what if you’re wrong?” As if there was no way Davis could be right. That’s the bad part. 

I am convinced a guy on this team could drop kick a poodle in front of you and you’d find a way to say, “he clearly just has bad aim”

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And yeah that's the same sort of dismissive attitude Haskins had when he refused to admit that he stared guys down in the Browns game. That presser annoyed me too. Dude just refused to take responsibility for his poor play.

Who can forget his mythical "wrist injury" after another one of his piss poor performances that just magically disappeared..  Seems like "Simba" gets a lot of ailments right around when he poops in his diapers - im starting to wonder if he needs to seek professional help

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I am convinced a guy on this team could drop kick a poodle in front of you and you’d find a way to say, “he clearly just has bad aim”

Wrong. But whatever. I clearly stated that i find the later part of the conversation (which is the part that really matters) is bad. I’m agreeing that he was dismissive towards the advice. 

I just happen to not have a problem with a calm “what do you want?”. If it was yelled, or said in a “ughhhhhhh what do you want NOW” (which it wasn’t), I’d have an issue with it. 

the important matter is the one we’re all agreeing on, which is he dismissed the advice. That’s more worrisome, to me, than genuinely wanting to know what a teammate wants.

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wrong. But whatever. I clearly stated that i find the later part of the conversation (which is the part that really matters) is bad. I’m agreeing that he was dismissive towards the advice. 

I just happen to not have a problem with a calm “what do you want?”. If it was yelled, or said in a “ughhhhhhh what do you want NOW” (which it wasn’t), I’d have an issue with it. 

the important matter is the one we’re all agreeing on. 

Personally I found the beginning worse. If he'd been respectful, listened, and then at the end (even if just half kidding) said "what if you're wrong?", it wouldn't have bothered me much. But from the jump Haskins was dismissive and disrespectful. So it was the overall tone of the conversation and his attitude towards Davis that bothered me, not him saying "what if you're wrong" at the end. And that's the same attitude I saw after the Browns game.

So does anyone here believe that Millennials display an inordinate amount of entitlement? How about the kid that will listen more to the social media sensation or the so called star over a person with years of experience in a particular area of life the kid is interested in? I see Haskins being the type that will listen to Cam Newton (a well known personality) and dismiss a so-called no name player with years of experience in Thomas Davis. He should listen to both. Hell, I may be lumping Haskins into a group, but I just don't perceive that same vibe with McClaurin or Chase. Haskins just strikes me as a person that feels entitled. I actually think he apologizes to Davis because it was on tape. He more than likely got advised from someone that noticed it. But again, I hope this benching enables him to mature and learn a bit more. I want him to succeed.

42 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Personally I found the beginning worse. If he'd been respectful, listened, and then at the end (even if just half kidding) said "what if you're wrong?", it wouldn't have bothered me much. But from the jump Haskins was dismissive and disrespectful. So it was the overall tone of the conversation and his attitude towards Davis that bothered me, not him saying "what if you're wrong" at the end. And that's the same attitude I saw after the Browns game.

What sounds dismissive and disrespectful to some, might not sound dismissive and disrespectful to others, i guess. To me, if he yelled it, or said it in a way that made him sound like he was annoyed, I’d feel very differently. 

I’ll also add this: i showed the video to my dad at dinner tonight and he felt the same as me. His opinion was also that it was a calm tone of voice, and to him, also felt as if he was simply asking what Davis wanted. 

Not everyone is going to take it the same way you or someone else did. Doesn’t mean either side is wrong. 

20 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

So does anyone here believe that Millennials display an inordinate amount of entitlement? How about the kid that will listen more to the social media sensation or the so called star over a person with years of experience in a particular area of life the kid is interested in? I see Haskins being the type that will listen to Cam Newton (a well known personality) and dismiss a so-called no name player with years of experience in Thomas Davis. He should listen to both. Hell, I may be lumping Haskins into a group, but I just don't perceive that same vibe with McClaurin or Chase. Haskins just strikes me as a person that feels entitled. I actually think he apologizes to Davis because it was on tape. He more than likely got advised from someone that noticed it. But again, I hope this benching enables him to mature and learn a bit more. I want him to succeed.

Dwayne Haskins is not a millennial. Mahomes, Watson, Josh Allen, Trubisky, Daniel Jones, all millennials. The later two stink but all of the above carry themselves in a professional manner. Haskins is a man child and needs to grow up. 

12 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Dwayne Haskins is not a millennial. Mahomes, Watson, Josh Allen, Trubisky, Daniel Jones, all millennials. The later two stink but all of the above carry themselves in a professional manner. Haskins is a man child and needs to grow up. 

True.

Haskins is Gen Z as he just missed the millennial cutoff having been born on May 3rd, 1997.

However, this is not an exact science. While cohorts display traits that are similar when looked at in aggregate this doesn’t mean that on the date randomly selected for the next cohort (Generation Z) that there is suddenly a magical transformation in personality traits. The differences occur gradually as the cohort ages. 

Haskins actual behavior seems very millennial regardless of his birth date.

Pew Research Center has been studying the Millennial generation for more than a decade. But by 2018, it became clear to us that it was time to determine a cutoff point between Millennials and the next generation. Turning 38 this year, the oldest Millennials are well into adulthood, and they first entered adulthood before today’s youngest adults were born.

In order to keep the Millennial generation analytically meaningful, and to begin looking at what might be unique about the next cohort, Pew Research Center decided a year ago to use 1996 as the last birth year for Millennials for our future work. Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 23 to 38 in 2019) is considered a Millennial, and anyone born from 1997 onward is part of a new generation.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/17/where-millennials-end-and-generation-z-begins/

On 10/13/2020 at 4:57 PM, Llevron said:

You remember when people were saying that SEA was phony cause they would go 7-9 every year and sneak into the playoffs cause they had a weak division and then they found a QB in like the 5th round and went to a few superbowls?

Pepperidge farm remembers.  

Its hard to keep together a group of really good players who want to win but lose alot anyway. And we have some really good players who want to win and have been losing alot. If the coach looks at the 1-3 division and says, well **** winning I WANNA QB!!! What do you think those players are gonna do? Wait? No, you need to win to keep good players. 

I don't think they were sneaking in every year. I recall one year (2010) where they won the division at 7-9. The point is that except for an off-year, you are not going to stumble to a division win with 6-7 wins. Also lets not forget that they dominated their division 2004-2007 including a Superbowl appearance so there was some sustained success prior to those somewhat down years. 

Don't think winning the division is realistic. We won't win any games against Dallas or the somewhat improved Philly who just went down the wire with the steelers. After we lose to the Giants, all this talk of winning the division will die down. 

It's very simple:  if Haskins wants to play QB in the NFL, then he'll do what it takes to do so.  If he doesn't, then he doesn't really want to play QB in the NFL.

Now, if I wanted to cash my illicit photos in and have a say in designing the O, I'd do this:  figure out the kind of QB you want to run your offense, then eliminate all deep routes.  Get a guy (mid-rounds) who can run your O (without the deep routes).  Build the team around him.  When you find that 1st round pick that can run the O at least as well as your existing QB but "he can throw that deep thing there" too, you take him.  Everybody knows exactly what's up:  Starting QB gets to play football on a developing-but-good team but he has his limitations, so he gets a year or 2 to have his career year(s) then gets traded and backup who can make all the starter's throws and has an accurate cannon, he takes the team to the SB.

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@KDawg I’m not the only one who disagreed with his movie stance though, and I’m also not the only one who thought the nickname was a silly reason for him to pile on the guy...... two others on this very page were also disagreeing. It wasn’t only me. 

No it's not just you.  This thread is full of ignorant ass criticism of the kid that is weirdly personal.  The tone of this thread says a lot about the people in here, not so much about Haskins.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Please tell me you’re joking. I’m pretty positive that you are, but there are A LOT of crazies that would actually call for him to be cut 

We need military toughness for this disjointed unit. Let the OSU homies kick it somewhere else

8 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Millennials are 24-39. Stop acting like youthful entitlement is specific to any one generation. From the beginning of time older generations have bemoaned the universally immature traits of the 18-24 cohort.

Alexander the Great would like you to buy him a beer because he's too young.

3 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

In case it wasn’t evident, I was exaggerating for effect, to make a point..

So you were in fact not at all serious, which is what i asked in the first place..... wouldn’t it have been easier to just say “you’re correct, I’m not serious” instead of going through all that ****? 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So you were in fact not at all serious, which is what i asked in the first place..... wouldn’t it have been easier to just say “you’re correct, I’m not serious” instead of going through all that ****? 

dude...

Archived