Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

IMO, Haskins would have won this game.

For one, we know that Haskins does not throw interceptions. He also took a huge sack (the type that Haskins was killed for).  Not to mention that he fumbled the ball, resulting in a TD.  

Oh, he didn't throw them against Cleveland?

Why can't we accept that we just don't have a QB? I don't get it. 

Just now, KDawg said:

Oh, he didn't throw them against Cleveland?

Why can't we accept that we just don't have a QB? I don't get it. 

Are you going to admit that Haskins does not throw many interceptions?  You found a game that is not a typical game for Haskins.  

Turnovers are killers.

Sure, we don't have a good QB right now.  This is not controversial.  But where you and I differ is that you don't think Haskins has the ability to develop.

Haskins is done for.  I never once saw him with Allen and Smith watching film.  The coaches don't want him, plain and simple.  We just need to trade him to stop all this drama and division. 

To me Haskins and Allen are about equal.  Which is sad because the first rounder should be significantly better. 

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Are you going to admit that Haskins does not throw many interceptions?  You found a game that is not a typical game for Haskins.  

Turnovers are killers.

Sure, we don't have a good QB right now.  This is not controversial.  But where you and I differ is that you don't think Haskins has the ability to develop.

Haskins is safe with the football for the most part. He is clean in the turnover department. But when he has those days he has those days.

Nothing is saying he would or wouldn't have. Nothing is saying he throws the same two TD passes. Nothing is saying he scrambles for the key first down.

So while he may not have the interception, he may have that strip sack.

Both guys aren't NFL starters right now. 

I find your statement on how I feel about Haskins developing to be strange, though. Almost like you guys read what you want and not what is posted.

I don't think Haskins can develop... In Washington.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Haskins and Allen are about equal. 

Allen likely works harder in Rivera’s eye.

Makes no odds, we need a QB. Maybe should have picked one in the last draft. Time will tell.

Okay, but the difference here is that Allen has more experience.  If they are about equal, does it not make sense to play the more inexperienced player?

But like I said though, coaches have decided that they don't want him.  It is what it is.

Why are they putting so much premium on working "extra"?  Is he working at least 9-5?  When is he supposed to come to work?  I don't quite understand the insinuation that Haskins does not work hard.  So, Alex Smith comes maybe a few hours early.  Does everybody have to do that?  I think that's just silly.  Even rocket scientists don't do that.  

Now, the QB position is a position that requires you to make quick mental decisions.  However, let's face it though.  Alex Smith has been in the league for, what, 10 years or more?  I don't know exactly, but he still does not throw the ball quickly. He holds on to the ball, and throws it only when somebody is wide open.  That's his game, and it makes him a game manager.  

Kirk Cousins did the quick decision making much better for us. So all that extra work watching film, and Alex Smith has not managed to speed up the decision-making.

12 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

If they are about equal, does it not make sense to play the more inexperienced player?

But like I said though, coaches have decided that they don't want him. 

Haskins reported lack of work ethic and maturity likely did for him. He got gifted the job and let it slip through his fingers. I think he’d have been hospitalised against the Rams. He wasn’t far off that week anyway, and that was without playing.

Allen had two bad turnovers.

But the offense clearly moves the ball better under him. Not sure how anyone can deny that — course it’s been limited action.

Probably a wash in the end. 

I am mystified by the Haskins demotion to 3rd string. Seems petty and misguided. Like what’s the plan? Dump him for a fifth or sixth? Haskins will be thrilled to start over elsewhere. 

Its a wash really. Allen is more turnover prone but is more mobile so he can keep plays/drives alive. Haskins has the better arm but is incredibly inaccurate and can't move at all. Neither can make many big plays although that might just be a function of the offense right now given the state of the OL/quality of skill players.

41 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its a wash really. Allen is more turnover prone but is more mobile so he can keep plays/drives alive. Haskins has the better arm but is incredibly inaccurate and can't move at all. Neither can make many big plays although that might just be a function of the offense right now given the state of the OL/quality of skill players.

I am in that same camp.  Sound like Allen has the better intangibles and hence the edge on a team building a culture.   Allen I think is fine as a backup.   Haskins I think will be traded in the off season.  I agree with @KDawg that he's unlikely going to develop here -- I'd bet against him developing elsewhere too but I can see him evolve into into a 20-25 ranked QB type.   Keenum type albiet they have different styles but I am guessing similar caliber. 

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

IMO, Haskins would have won this game.

For one, we know that Haskins does not throw interceptions. He also took a huge sack (the type that Haskins was killed for).  Not to mention that he fumbled the ball, resulting in a TD.  

After the Browns game you can’t predict what bust Haskins would do. Regardless he’s done here so who cares. 

Somehow the white guy who made crippling mistakes directly leading to opponents’ points, took bad sacks and threw zero yard flare-outs on 3rd and 9, all against an all-time worst NFL squad, ‘has moxie’. All things the other guy was roasted for, against significantly better competition

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Zero chance that Haskins dimes both Thomas and Sims at the back pylon today.

He might win the game by taking care of the football, but he doesn’t have those throws in his arsenal.

Agreed. Those were two outstanding throws.

Also don't forget the times Allen scrambled to extend a play/drive. Haskins can't run.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Zero chance that Haskins dimes both Thomas and Sims at the back pylon today.

He might win the game by taking care of the football, but he doesn’t have those throws in his arsenal

Haskins actually did have some success in the red zone, but I agree on the Thomas throw it being a throw he can make, the Sims one he can make. 

The lay-up slant to Mcclaurin is gone, he really was special with that throw in particular.

Strange how unskilled of a runner Allen is and now makes sense why he only averaged 3 yards per carry last year with the Panthers, his spatial awareness and lateral movement is at the same level of Haskins lol. He never climbs the pocket in the A and B gaps and is often attempting to beat athletes to the edge. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. Those were two outstanding throws.

Also don't forget the times Allen scrambled to extend a play/drive. Haskins can't run.

I agree his legs at times will help but his play making awareness is below average. This is my game and half assessment.

15 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Haskins actually did have some success in the red zone, but I agree on the Thomas throw it being a throw he can make, the Sims one he can make. 

The lay-up slant to Mcclaurin is gone, he really was special with that throw in particular.

Strange how unskilled of a runner Allen is and now makes sense why he only averaged 3 yards per carry last year with the Panthers, his spatial awareness and lateral movement is at the same level of Haskins lol. He never climbs the pocket in the A and B gaps and is often attempting to beat athletes to the edge. 

I agree his legs at times will help but his play making awareness is below average. This is my game and half assessment.

Allen climbed the ladder and escaped in the A-Gap today...

34 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

Somehow the white guy who made crippling mistakes directly leading to opponents’ points, took bad sacks and threw zero yard flare-outs on 3rd and 9, all against an all-time worst NFL squad, ‘has moxie’. All things the other guy was roasted for, against significantly better competition

If moxie = the ability to extend plays because his feet aren’t made of cinder blocks and not missing 4 yard throws to his running back, sure.

3 hours ago, dckey said:

What story is true?????   Haskins was studying and working extra hard during the off-season, now he doesn't work hard enough??????   Just seems the narrative on Haskins changes week to week

why does it have to be a narrative? Why can't it just be what it is? 

Haskins wasn't benched because of his mistakes, he was benched because he can't read defenses, coaches don't believe he can run their offenses, can't throw downfield, and can't make plays. He's an inaccurate statue who pretty much can only complete passes around the line of scrimmage. Not saying Allen was much better today, but that's why Haskins was benched.

Just now, GOATFrerotte said:

Haskins wasn't benched because of his mistakes, he was benched because he can't read defenses, coaches don't believe he can run their offenses, can't throw downfield, and can't make plays. He's an inaccurate statue who pretty much can only complete passes around the line of scrimmage. Not saying Allen was much better today, but that's why Haskins was benched.

This was all untrue last year. Not to say you aren’t correct in some of what you say. 

Archived