Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

May I remind you that Alex Smith fetched a high draft pick and a young player from Snyder.  Haskins can't do that.

He knows lol. That’s his way of pointing out how ridiculous it is to call Haskins “peak Alex Smith”. 

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

Sure if you lose to the giants the talk will die down. Don’t have to be Nostradamus to get that one lol. 

My point is that you have to win games to recruit good players at a fair price and you need good players at a fair price to win. That’s not hard to understand and you don’t really have an argument against it. 

Also this is an off year. And if you don’t try to win it, you are not supposed to be a coach of an NFL football team. 

Recruit good players? FA's go to teams with losing records all the times. Good free agents can be had if you are willing to pay the market rate. Miami signed a lot of good FA's this past offseason. You think it will affect their decision if we have 3 wins vs 6 wins. This is not college where you need to recruit 5 start players. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Why am I not surprised you'd interpret it that way?

Because it’s the only reasonable way to interpret it. You actually think another David Mulugheta client who basically committed robbery in his FA deal with Washington is going to bad mouth his own teammate and his agent’s other client? However, Haskins behavior after the benching was so egregious, Landon couldn’t even bring himself to express the typical platitudes expected. That’s when you know Haskins has lost the locker room completely.

Catching up on a Sheehan podcast.  Mind you, Sheehan was a big time Haskins guy.  He said from what he's hearing coupled with a conversation he had with Keim.  Sheehan's main takeaways are:

A.  Haskins is done here.  His supposedly lack of maturity and red flags about his intangibles is the lead plot line in the building.

B.  The idea of actually releasing Haskins is on the table, too. 

Then he talked to Cooley about it, and Cooley thinks no way they'd release him. 

Just speculation by some Steelers fans but some there think Haskins might be a fit there behind Roethlisberger. Would you take corner Justin Lane and a 4th round pick for him? Layne was a 2019 3rd round pick with talent but who apparently hasn't been producing. He looks pretty uncertain to me but it's interesting to see what others might think of giving for Dwayne.

Just a 4th round pick alone might be worth it if they could get it. Seems unlikely though. According to NBC Sports there has been zero official interest from other teams in trading for him.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/17/steelers-washington-football-team-trade-nfl-dwayne-haskins/

2 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Just speculation by some Steelers fans but some there think Haskins might be a fit there behind Roethlisberger. Would you take corner Justin Lane and a 4th round pick for him? Layne was a 2019 3rd round pick with talent but who apparently hasn't been producing. He looks pretty uncertain to me but it's interesting to see what others might think of giving for Dwayne.

Just a 4th round pick alone might be worth it if they could get it. Seems unlikely though. According to NBC Sports there has been zero official interest from other teams in trading for him.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/17/steelers-washington-football-team-trade-nfl-dwayne-haskins/

What is "official interest"?

On 10/13/2020 at 8:20 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is a hilarious take. As if Snyder not only deserves a “better” fanbase but is actually capable of building one from scratch without the three Lombardi legacy of Washington making it hard for people to let go!  (Plus the idea that simply moving the team a few hundred miles geographically buys you a fresh start in 2020, but the rest is way funnier) 

I just get tired of the Washington Post (for example) harassing the team and certain fans seem to be negative toward the franchise no matter what he does.  If he moved the team away from DC we'd probably get rid of the malcontent fans and rags like the Washington Post.  I think it would be better for all involved.

Look at it this way, I sincerely think he's trying but when he's in the loop people complain and when he steps back they still complain and the Washington Post complains no matter what because they don't give a crap about the team, they just want to harass Synder.  They just don't like him.  Moving away would give them (Washington Post for example) lots of time to twiddle their thumbs which they're probably more qualified to do. :)  I keep hoping we start winning again so we get better writers/reporters covering the team.

Haskins is and always has been a project. Unfortunately for him, that project is how to best take a selfie on the sideline. Dude is not a good quarterback, will never be a good quarterback, and hopefully we can get some sort of compensation for him. Essentially three head coaches (and their staff) have all bailed on #projecthaskins.  

anyone that keeps beating the Haskins drum simply doesn’t understand football. Happy to talk actual X and O with anyone who is so inclined. At your own risk 

2 hours ago, owa said:

Look at it this way, I sincerely think he's trying but when he's in the loop people complain and when he steps back they still complain and the Washington Post complains no matter what because they don't give a crap about the team, they just want to harass Synder.  They just don't like him.  Moving away would give them (Washington Post for example) lots of time to twiddle their thumbs which they're probably more qualified to do. :)  I keep hoping we start winning again so we get better writers/reporters covering the team.

bro Snyder is the worst owner in the NFL by far at this point. And for the record the dude has never stepped away. One common denominator for almost 25 years, there is literally else no where to point the finger but Snyder

Archived