Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The fact that he mentions wanting to be a hall of fame QB after Sunday shows how delusional he is. His disconnect from reality is mind boggling.

Nobody should have career goals or aspirations?  Dreaming of being in the NFL is generally a delusional fancy, but he's one of the people who are in it.  He's one of 32 QB's who are starting for their team.

Being delusional is if someone like Mark Sanchez thinks he should be in the NFL with what his career has done.  But if a young player like Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, or Gardner Minshew say their career aspiration is the HoF?  What's wrong with that?

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The fact that he interprets pity from his teammates as support is equally delusional. 

Support takes many forms, some more helpful than others.  Pity is one form.  Zero support at all would be ignoring him and what happened.

8 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Nobody should have career goals or aspirations?  Dreaming of being in the NFL is generally a delusional fancy, but he's one of the people who are in it.  He's one of 32 QB's who are starting for their team.

Being delusional is if someone like Mark Sanchez thinks he should be in the NFL with what his career has done.  But if a young player like Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, or Gardner Minshew say their career aspiration is the HoF?  What's wrong with that?

Support takes many forms, some more helpful than others.  Pity is one form.  Zero support at all would be ignoring him and what happened.

Mark Sanchez had a career 100,000 times better than Haskins will have. If Haskins even comes close to Sanchez that’s basically his hall of fame. You underestimate how big of a bust DH is. One of the worst ever. He’s not allowed to have any aspiration other than not being the worst QB in the NFL. He’s failing horribly at that. If he gets to that level then he can talk about the next step of climbing to number 30.

In no world does it end in the hall of fame. Unless he moves back to Ohio and has an Uber drop off in Canton in his future job, he will never see the hall of fame.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

You know. We can delude ourselves, but you already know how this movie ends. 

Well, we already know that I dont believe in your ability to know the future so there is not point in relitigating that lol. 

I remain hopeful until I have a better option. (Which can include him failing and getting us a better guy) 

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Mark Sanchez had a career 100,000 times better than Haskins will have. If Haskins even comes close to Sanchez that’s basically his hall of fame. You underestimate how big of a bust DH is. One of the worst ever. He’s not allowed to have any aspiration other than not being the worst QB in the NFL. He’s failing horribly at that. If he gets to that level then he can talk about the next step of climbing to number 30.

In no world does it end in the hall of fame. Unless he moves back to Ohio and has an Uber drop off in Canton in his future job, he will never see the hall of fame.

Half of the reason I want to see him succeed is because I hate to see people talk about other people this way. We just differ in character in that regard.  

The man is living in a strage dimension.

He should be talking about making it through next week's game as a starter, not the HOF.

I'm this close to watching the Denver game instead of the Redskins just because Rypien's nephew will be the starter. 

At this juncture, it seems more entertaining.

7 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

He should be talking about making it through next week's game as a starter, not the HOF.

I'm this close to watching the Denver game instead of the Redskins just because Rypien's nephew will be the starter. 

What dimension are you living in where you must choose between the redskins & Denver? 

Good googly moogly

When a man can't even have long term goals, I'm thinking debate is worthless. That is literally just finding any excuse possible to criticize the guy.

Wanting to be great is a cornerstone for any superior player. I'd be more concerned if he didn't push himself to be among the best.

I also heard a bunch of people think Chase Young will reach the HOF. Guess he is doomed too. /sarcasm

It does not matter what he says/does, some people have already made up their mind and will chastise him for it. God forbid he adopts a group of homeless puppies, the things some people will write about him./also sarcasm

Not a huge fan of his latest comments, the middle is alright, but the whole talk about arriving and hall of fame stuff is just a little too high on himself and unnecessary. And then closing with talking about how the team didn't play well enough is bad. He should just take the blame for not playing well enough. He's talking like he's something special in the NFL when he's been pretty much the worst qb in his 10 starts. That's just the vibe I get. 

Hope Turner keeps the pedal down and goes for 40 points this week. 

They established some rhythm for the first time this season versus Cleveland at times—Something to build on. Extremely worried Haskins will play cautious, but can’t really blame him if he feels like he’s fighting to keep his job. QBs make 25-30 mil a year playing it safe and checking down to preserve stats. 

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Well, we already know that I dont believe in your ability to know the future so there is not point in relitigating that lol. 

You don’t need to believe. Belief is not a requirement for it to be a fact. You don’t need to believe in gravity either. But if DH falls out of a window he will hit the ground with the same level of certainty that he is a bust. Your belief/hope/delusion are irrelevant to that certainty. 

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You don’t need to believe. Belief is not a requirement for it to be a fact. You don’t need to believe in gravity either. But if DH falls out of a window he will hit the ground with the same level of certainty that he is a bust. Your belief/hope/delusion are irrelevant to that certainty. 

Why man? 

1 hour ago, El Mexican said:

Well the Broncos play Thursday so...

On 9/29/2020 at 7:35 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Her played one full season is college and this is his first full season as a pro. I'm glad Rivera and Turner are more patient than this fan base. He's got no TE, an inconsistent Oline and 1 WR worth a **** and a brand new offense. It's a long season and it's not even over the first Quarter. 

True True...I'd like to see some sort of 'WoW' plays vs the Giants. This week, it's more about alleviating turnovers and progression, not starring down a target.

Baby Steps

15 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

True True...I'd like to see some sort of 'WoW' plays vs the Giants. This week, it's more about alleviating turnovers and progression, not starring down a target.

Baby Steps

He has displayed the ability to not turn the ball over, don’t need to see that any longer. Can he limit turnovers while putting up 30 is what we need to see. He got a great game to reflect on and improve from. 

Who cares if a QB limits turnovers and scores 20-24 points a game. I mean, context is critical for each game, but saying overall.

Go for 40 points against the Ravens or get ran out the building anyways. 

Attack, attack... 3 pointers and lay ups! 

**Whatever it counts for, I have a feeling about this week. :) 

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Good googly moogly

When a man can't even have long term goals, I'm thinking debate is worthless. That is literally just finding any excuse possible to criticize the guy.

Wanting to be great is a cornerstone for any superior player. I'd be more concerned if he didn't push himself to be among the best.

I also heard a bunch of people think Chase Young will reach the HOF. Guess he is doomed too. /sarcasm

It does not matter what he says/does, some people have already made up their mind and will chastise him for it. God forbid he adopts a group of homeless puppies, the things some people will write about him./also sarcasm

Dude, QB conversations on this board go 100% full retard immediately. Immediately. Imagine if we had Payton his first 2 years breaking sack records. Or Brees his first couple years. Who ****ing knows. If anything, he's playing in the system and it's cool he's allowed to grow in it without pressure from the people who matter. The coaches.

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

Oh no, banned from the tailgate for being pro human rights. 

Interesting. Better call it quits on the Es before I get in more trouble. Enjoy kids.

i don't know who banned you from the tailgate---and that would be your second mod/second incident, just in there---but this post was another fumble

when you get back you might want to adjust your trajectory

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Good googly moogly

Welcome to the Stadium :ols:

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dude, QB conversations on this board go 100% full retard immediately. Immediately. Imagine if we had Payton his first 2 years breaking sack records. Or Brees his first couple years. Who ****ing knows. If anything, he's playing in the system and it's cool he's allowed to grow in it without pressure from the people who matter. The coaches.

What are you watching that makes you think he's the next Manning or Brees? You don't think it's important to understand when to stop playing a qb or should all qbs get a couple years to figure out whether they are the next Brees?

Archived