Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If you need to see non mobile QBs who were around Haskins accuracy as a rookie, and saw drastic improvement later on, then it starts and ends w/ P. Manning (56.7)

If you want to consider that an outlier cool, I can give you more recent examples. They are all over the current NFL. These are all current players and I’ll only list a few, but the list is long.

M Stafford (53.3)

Tannihill (58.3)

Cousins* (2013 – 52.3)

Alex Smith (50.9)

Goff (54.6)

Carr (58.1)

While some of these guys can wheel, none really qualify as a real duel threat QB. Many of these guys were around Haskins accuracy level. More still were even worse. They all saw dramatic improvement.  

Just like with Allen, I don't care about their situation or what they can do that Haskin's can't. its just simple proof positive that with time and dedication Haskin's can improve his accuracy. It is not something you simply have or don't have, it can be acquired.  QBs have done it before him. They will do it after him. Its part of the growing process.

Tannehill, Smith didn’t do it in the situation they were drafted in.

I’m not sure why Carr is on the list. 

Stafford and Manning both showed competency beyond Haskins when using the eye test. 

That pares it down to Goff and Cousins. 

Both of which had Sean McVay.

This is proof positive that many of us have a preconceived notion in their head and will use whatever is necessary to attempt to prove that point. You and I included.

Which has been SIP’s point all along. If you liked Haskins coming out, you’re more inclined to look for any hope in him developing. If you didn’t love him, you’re more in the middle. If you disliked him you’re likely against him. 

• Like 2

Again, I don’t care about the situation. No two are alike so you will never find an apples to apples comparison. Trying to do so would be fruitless. (Non-Zombie pun)

All I care about is proof positive. If you want more non-mobile QBs

Carr 58% to 70+% very good example. that is why he's there.

Brees 60

Dalton 58

Keenum 54

And I’ll throw in a free

E Manning 48 to 66

All drastically improved. All are currently in the league save 1. You don’t have to reach far to find an absolute boatload of examples. More often than not it is the pathway to most teams discovering their franchise QB. They cant all be Mahomes.

And for the record, I didn’t like Haskins coming out.

In the end it doesnt matter what we think. I hope for the best with Haskins. I hope to see him step up and show he can be a better than average QB. No one here has seen that yet. He will only get so many chances and then the team/coaches will turn on him.

I do not have a lot of hope that Haskins will work out right now. I definitely would not bet money on it.

The QB is a huge factor in sacks. If he’s setting the protection then a massive degree of blame falls on the QB. As well as release etc. Look at Green Bay. Your list has them ranked 3rd. When Aaron Rodgers was out their sack number skyrocketed. You put Aaron Rogers on this team and we are top 10 in sacks allowed. 

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

That debate doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Allen’s legs opened the opportunity to develop. If he didn’t have them he wouldn’t have lasted and, quite frankly, he wouldn’t have developed with his confidence shot from the poor passing performances.

You cannot separate the two. 

How do you know that Allen wouldn’t have developed and his confidence would have been shot? Guys who make it to the level of NFL starting QB have been through the mental gauntlet many times over. We talk about these young QBs like they are soft as cotton candy. 

I would argue that most are resilient and even a couple years of average to below average play wouldn’t break their confidence to the point that they are shot. They are big time athletes with swag and pedigree. 

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

How do you know that Allen wouldn’t have developed and his confidence would have been shot? Guys who make it to the level of NFL starting QB have been through the mental gauntlet many times over. We talk about these young QBs like they are soft as cotton candy. 

I would argue that most are resilient and even a couple years of average to below average play wouldn’t break their confidence to the point that they are shot. They are big time athletes with swag and pedigree. 

I don’t know. Just like you believe he could have, I believe that team’s don’t have the time or patience to do so. They almost benched him for Barkley as it was. With the rushing stats. 

I can’t imagine they’d have stuck with him if he didn’t have the legs. But hey, if you think they would have... more power to you.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know. Just like you believe he could have, I believe that team’s don’t have the time or patience to do so. They almost benched him for Barkley as it was. With the rushing stats. 

I can’t imagine they’d have stuck with him if he didn’t have the legs. But hey, if you think they would have... more power to you.

Bills exercised some patience. Year 3 is off to a good start.

Baltimore will be 4 games and 11 games total. If he continues putting up statistically the worst performances in the nfl then he can sit. You guys say this is an evaluation season, then let’s evaluate what we have in our 24 year old backup qb who started 5-1 in his first 6 games in the nfl.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They did. 1100 yards and 17 rush TDs guide you towards that patience.

They are winning this year because of his arm and he clearly developed as a passer as his completion percentage jumped from 52% in 2018 to 71% so far in 2020. If they would have went to Barkley it would have been disastrous. 

They are winning this year because of his arm and he clearly developed as a passer as his completion percentage jumped from 52% in 2018 to 71% so far in 2020. If they would have went to Barkley it would have been disastrous. 

Im not having the same conversation I already had :ols:

Read back a little. I responded to this already.

8 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Baltimore will be 4 games and 11 games total. If he continues putting up statistically the worst performances in the nfl then he can sit. You guys say this is an evaluation season, then let’s evaluate what we have in our 24 year old backup qb who started 5-1 in his first 6 games in the nfl.

Last 7 games of the 2019 season Kyle Allen threw 12 INTs and was sacked 26 times as the Panthers went 0-7 and Riverboat Ron was sent packing. He pretty much had a full season under one system with the support of front office and coaching staff. 

Let’s see what the other guy can do when afforded a similar operating environment.

3 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Last 7 games of the 2019 season Kyle Allen threw 12 INTs and was sacked 26 times as the Panthers went 0-7 and Riverboat Ron was sent packing. He pretty much had a full season under one system with the support of front office and coaching staff. 

Let’s see what the other guy can do when afforded a similar operating environment.

We don’t have to see what he can do for a full season. He’s already been given a chance and he’s not performing. Let’s see what we have in Allen. His start to his career is more promising than anything Haskins has done. 

4 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

We don’t have to see what he can do for a full season. He’s already been given a chance and he’s not performing. Let’s see what we have in Allen. His start to his career is more promising than anything Haskins has done. 

So 3 games in with a 1-2 record while operating in a new system is a chance? Wow you are tough 😬

I’m just going to operate under the assumption that anyone who willing compares Allen’s development to Dwayne’s isn’t as familiar with Allen as they think. 

Guys, i know he plays for the Bills so he’s not on tv a ton. I know he doesn’t “look” like a runner to some of you guys (and I’ll leave it at that) but the guy can move and that is a huge part of his game and is probably the only thing that saved him in his first few years. He is not comparable at all to Dwayne. A more apt comparison to Dwayne in terms of skill set is maybe Jameis or Flacco or someone like that. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Thanks 2

So 3 games in with a 1-2 record while operating in a new system is a chance? Wow you are tough 😬

He’s hurting the team with his play and has not shown any progression from last year. It’s not like he’s just struggling, he’s the worst qb in the league. Ron should sit him and let him watch if things don’t get better after Baltimore. See what we have in Allen.

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

He’s hurting the team with his play and has not shown any progression from last year. It’s not like he’s just struggling, he’s the worst qb in the league. Ron should sit him and let him watch if things don’t get better after Baltimore. See what we have in Allen.

But that would destroy the narrative that the surrounding cast is horrible. Haskins fanboys know Allen will look much better. They don’t want to see it. Simple as that. 

• Like 2
Just now, SoCalSkins said:

But that would destroy the narrative that the surrounding cast is horrible. Haskins fanboys know Allen will look much better. They don’t want to see it. Simple as that. 

Out of curiosity, who are the Haskins fanboys?  I haven’t read anybody really defending Haskins. The closest to a defense is it’s too early after 10 games to know.  Which isn’t really a defense or fanboy status.  

I haven’t read any posts really defending Haskins.  Defending either his completion percentage, his interceptions, he’ll even his attitude at times.  Maybe I’m missing it.  I haven’t really read any people say they’re even fans of Haskins. 

Unless you’re lumping the “we haven’t seen enough yet” crowd in as fanboys, which I think is unfair, I don’t know who you’re talking about.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Out of curiosity, who are the Haskins fanboys?  I haven’t read anybody really defending Haskins. The closest to a defense is it’s too early after 10 games to know.  Which isn’t really a defense or fanboy status.  

I haven’t read any posts really defending Haskins.  Defending either his completion percentage, his interceptions, he’ll even his attitude at times.  Maybe I’m missing it.  I haven’t really read any people say they’re even fans of Haskins. 

Unless you’re lumping the “we haven’t seen enough yet” crowd in as fanboys, which I think is unfair, I don’t know who you’re talking about.  

To be fair, there’s a few different “we haven’t seen enough” crowds.

1. The Classic - These people refuse to make any kind of point or observation on his play. They truly believe it’s too early and we haven’t seen enough.

2. The Hopefuls - These are the people who see his flaws but hold onto the hope that he’ll succeed and will find any sliver of hope to prop their hopes on... mostly because they can’t stomach another bust at QB.

3. The Eyebrow Raisers - People that think it’s probably too early but are more on the side of him not being the guy in DC, but don’t think giving up on anyone without adequate sample is wise because it sets a poor precedent.

There’s no true fanboys because... well... he hasn’t played well enough to have them.

• Like 2
  • TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic