Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

18 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

David Carr had ratings of 62.8, 69.5, 83.5, 77.2, 82.1. Those last three years he was throwing the ball to Andre Johnson and considered a rising star at QB who needed a good OL. 

Never in my life have I ever heard “David Carr” and “rising star” used together. Ever. His record during those last 3 years was 15-33 and he threw for 3K yards once with Andre Johnson. Regular passer rating is flawed. Total QBR (the ESPN creation) is more respected but it only started in 2006. Davis Carr lost his job to the most average QB in history in Matt Schaub. 

But by looking up these stats, I’ve learned he actually started 4 games in Carolina for Jake Delhomme in 2007 (he was horrible of course). Don’t remember that at all lol 

34 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

not sure how accurate this even is, but wouldn’t be surprised. 

I will literally take anyone under center that is not wildly inaccurate like Haskins.  He’s been terrible to watch through 3 games, and has shown no progression.  

I love watching football,  but he’s one of the most difficult players to be excited about on the field Sunday’s.  

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@ExoDus84 wasn’t deuce gruden long gone when haskins got here though?

Hold up. Fat Gruden has a son and his name is synonymous with 💩?

3 minutes ago, chaaarmndr said:

I will literally take anyone under center that is not wildly inaccurate like Haskins.  He’s been terrible to watch through 3 games, and has shown no progression.  

I love watching football,  but he’s one of the most difficult players to be excited about on the field Sunday’s.  

I don’t know about all that. We only have two other options and I will not be able to watch Alex Smith out of fear that I may see what I saw last time he played a snap.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@ExoDus84 wasn’t deuce gruden long gone when haskins got here though?

I think he left prior to the 2018-2019 season. You're right.

Meme is still funny. I think.

2 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Hold up. Fat Gruden has a son and his name is synonymous with 💩?

Yes. And he was a **** S&C coach.

5 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is like arguing with someone who refuses to wear a mask.  We all get this, what you need to understand is we can't keep blaming his back foot/all arm/ flick of the wrist delivery which results in inaccurate passes and all of his other problems on inexperience and a bad OL. When he had time and open receivers he sill missed them or threw a pass that made them reach and eliminated YAC often.   He misses them in practice too, maybe he'll turn it on on game day was the hope.  He's in a brand new offense, well so is every rookie QB and many have still managed to play well in a new offense with weak supporting casts.

Again I understand the need for patience, what you need to understand is all of the problems are very very concerning and it is certainly understandable that fans will react to what they see on the field. At some point we need to stop making excuses for him and that time is getting near.    

Did you just call me an anti masker? That's ****ed up. 

You want to have the conversation about if Haskins is garbage or not, before he's had even a quarter of a season as the starter and no preseason games to get comfortable, go for it. With someone else. Sounds like the kind of person who tells people not to worry about 5Gs (which you shouldn't) but is afraid of microwaved food.

RR has said that the offense needs a lot more time. Nobody thought we were competing for the SB this year. Relax. First two weeks he wouldn't throw the ball, now he threw it too much. Be patient. What's the alternative? Allen who we already know is a back up? Why?

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

If Haskins gets benched after no more than 4-6 games, passing on Cam on a one year deal at little of a mil for the season is going to look like a bad call. He was worth a serious look 3 months ago.

Ok...why? So we can win 6 games or so? Maybe get into the playoffs and pick 15-20 and miss out on Sewell, or any chance at a long term solution at QB?

Haskins sucks, but the rest of this team, save for the defensive line, is hot crap. Maybe we win a few more games. Whoop-dee-do.

I hate these all-in for 7 wins approaches. We've been there, done that and here we are, again.

Frontal Lobotomy for Lawrence

**** it all for Fields

**** Sandwich for Sewell.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ok...why? So we can win 6 games or so? Maybe get into the playoffs and pick 15-20 and miss out on Sewell, or any chance at a long term solution at QB?

Haskins sucks, but the rest of this team, save for the defensive line, is hot crap. Maybe we win a few more games. Whoop-dee-do.

I hate these all-in for 7 wins approaches. We've been there, done that and here we are, again.

Frontal Lobotomy for Lawrence

**** it all for Fields

**** Sandwich for Sewell.

well just keep Haskins in, right?

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You want to have the conversation about if Haskins is garbage or not, before he's had even a quarter of a season as the starter and no preseason games to get comfortable, go for it. With someone else. Sounds like the kind of person who tells people not to worry about 5Gs (which you shouldn't) but is afraid of microwaved food.

RR has said that the offense needs a lot more time. Nobody thought we were competing for the SB this year. Relax. First two weeks he wouldn't throw the ball, now he threw it too much. Be patient. What's the alternative? Allen who we already know is a back up? Why?

Why do we already know Allen is a backup? He's only had 3 more starts than Haskins and looked better in those starts. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

well just keep Haskins in, right?

Why not? I am all in on being as bad as possible this year.

And that wasn't meant to call you, specifically out, but I've seen a number of posts about making the playoffs, trying to win now.

I just don't get it--maybe...MAYBE...get lucky enough to eek into the playoffs but winning a **** division just to get skull-****ed in the 1st round. And then be nowhere, really, for 2-3 more years.

Even with competent quarterback play, we win 6? What does that get us?

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

And that wasn't meant to call you, specifically out, but I've seen a number of posts about making the playoffs, trying to win now.

I just don't get it--maybe...MAYBE...get lucky enough to eek into the playoffs but winning a **** division just to get skull-****ed in the 1st round. And then be nowhere, really, for 2-3 more years.

We have the defense to win games in the playoffs. You play to get into the playoffs. If there is a chance you take it. Otherwise you are  continuing a losing culture. This isn’t a developmental league. It’s the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I’m fine to see Haskins play out as well. I actually liked the Kyle Allen pick up, but it seems his offseason showing was far from inspiring.

I guess my point is, if Rivera makes a change within 4-6 regular season games, on the premise he thinks we can compete that way, he should have Cam here considering he would be on a deal paying little more than 1mil in base money.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We have the defense to win games in the playoffs. You play to get into the playoffs. If there is a chance you take it. Otherwise you are  continuing a losing culture. This isn’t a developmental league. It’s the NFL. 

Was about to post the same thing. Nothing more loser mentality, loser culture than wanting and trying to lose for draft picks. Ron sees what we see, they are playing winning football and deserve better than what Haskins is giving them. Develop a winning culture, draft wherever that gets. And winning culture does not mean signing high dollar vets and going all in.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not biting on that crap. 

I'm dead serious, how do you already know Allen is a backup when he's performed better than Haskins. Shouldn't that mean you already know Haskins is a backup also?

I see this going one of two ways at this point.

1. This is Haskins last shot at starting for a while if he can’t at least limit turnovers in the next game, specifically interceptions, he hits the pine. That’s preseason length starts. 

2. Ron waits until the bye to evaluate. 

I think option two is more sound but the way this organization is run, 1 is more likely at this point.

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not biting on that crap. 

Really? It's only the 437th time he's asked that question...

18 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’m fine to see Haskins play out as well. I actually liked the Kyle Allen pick up, but it seems his offseason showing was far from inspiring.

I guess my point is, if Rivera makes a change within 4-6 regular season games, on the premise he thinks we can compete that way, he should have Cam here considering he would be on a deal paying little more than 1mil in base money.

I think Cam would have been a short-term gain, long-term compromise moves. Maybe if we were actually close to actually competing in the playoffs, sure. We're not. We have a good d-line, decent corners, and one receiver. That's about it.

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I will say that i think the idea that we are a QB change away from the playoffs is crazy. We aren’t a good team unless one of these QBs is secretly a pro bowler waiting to break out this week. 

I love our defense’s potential but there’s still some bad there that’ll get exploited by good offenses 

Why?  If we have competent QB play, its very likely that we win the game on Sunday and go up 2 games in the Division.  Its also possible that we win the cardinals game as well.  Dwayne as played horrible through 3 games and its undeniable that if we had some sustained offence and better drives resulting in better field position then we put more pressure on teams.  I see a lot of good things happening on both sides of the ball but what I have seen from Haskins has been putrid. 

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

I'm not sure this second statement is correct at all. I see players like Dak, Russel, Lamar and Patrick consistently converting with no issues. And the ceiling seems to be MVP seasons and Superbowls.

Guys are capable of figuring it out. 

Lamar appears to still have a ways to go in obvious passing situations. Russel it took 5 years give or take a year or two. Dak is on the cusp of breaking through or maybe not (maybe why he wasn’t given a blank check deal yet??).

Mahomes is the future GOAT. 

I prefer the mobile QB to develop due to their floor being much higher, due to the impact on their teams run game and ability to make plays when unable to read the field. 

19 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Why do we already know Allen is a backup? He's only had 3 more starts than Haskins and looked better in those starts. 

It’s the same idea for Haskins. If Haskins continues his current trend those clamoring for Allen will most likely get the opportunity to see him play. I can see him providing a spark, he really is nifty in the pocket and can make plays with his legs. 

I am one who was excited by the game last week and look forward to how Haskins responds after being given a great deal responsibility in the outcome last week’s game. I fear the staff will put on the kid gloves again and we get 187 throwing yards with 1td in a 30-20 loss.

Rather go with the game plan asking Haskins to put 40 on the Ravens. Not at likely to happen, but go for it. Providing the opportunity to really evaluate Haskins and his ceiling. No middling stuff. 

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No no I didn't call you an anti-masker. Read the post again, I said this is like arguing with an anti-masker because I found a lot of holes in your argument.   Apologies if that was not clear.  

Archived