Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cowherd is the definition of racist. Dude even went out and said baseball is simple because Puerto Ricans and Dominicans can play it. He is the FOX News of sports radio guys.

Keep the politics off the Stadium board, thank you.

34 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

How is pointing out Cowherd's history of racist comments political? 

Maybe he meant the mention of Fox News? Just spit balling here, because I don't see what's political about calling out racist comments either. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Can we get off the aaa hat and back to Haskins?

Of course.

Just wanted to clarify why I mentioned politics.

Let's get back to Dwayne Haskins.

How much influence do you think he'll have in 1. Having the Redskins draft Young and 2. Convincing Young to declare for the draft?

I haven’t listened to Cowherd nearly as much as many of you have. 

I do do find him entertaining at times. 

With that said, I was disappointed to hear his rant about Haskins. I defer to you folks that have listened to him longer on whether or not there are racist overtones or if he just hates the Redskins. 

There is a guy substituting for him today on his show who openly said he disagrees with Colin on Rivera. Says he thinks it is a good hire.  He is daring Colin’s listeners to chime in. 

I guess we should not ever expect Colin to change. He is an entertainer.

What is the apparent root for his hate of the Redskins again?  

like him or not, and I am not familiar w/ his previous comments, Cowherd makes some valid points - success in todays NFL is largely tied to QB play and there are many locally and nationally that are not sold on "Simba" as a serviceable QB, much less a franchise QB.  Based on total QBR over the course of all starts you could easily make the argument that we are going to have the worst QB in the division for years to come, especially since we know "Danny" has his nose up DH anus.  Danny will probably make RR go down w/ the titanic vs admitting the pick was a mistake.  Cowherd referred to DH and a lack of motivation, and there have been comments from both Callahan and KOC that DH was NOT putting in the time and energy initially and he "improved" once he got the "job" - that screams of a major issue.  I think from a "desire" and "heart" standpoint you either have it or you dont and DH showed he didnt from draft day on.  

Also he continues to make a fool of himself on social media;  the latest being advocating for Ochocinco to join the Redskins staff  show me any winning QB that acts like as much of a potato on social media.

The truth is, we don't know what we have in Haskins, but what we do know is that he was criminally neglected during the preseason and up to Jay's termination. What we saw those first few games was a third stringer who never got any snaps, any gameplanning, or any real coaching. The strides he made in eight games demonstrates that. Therefore, looking at his season in totality is in all likelihood stupid.

Haskins may be a bum. He might be average. He might be very good. What we saw in 2019 is that he responded really well to playing time and coaching. The change was like going from the desert to the rain forest.

6 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Also he continues to make a fool of himself on social media;  the latest being advocating for Ochocinco to join the Redskins staff  show me any winning QB that acts like as much of a potato on social media.

Brace yourself he will make many tweets and if losing he will be crucified, if winning he will be praised for being transparent, open and charismatic. 

The @ tweets to other athletes past and present is rampant. No big deal, IMO. 

8 hours ago, wit33 said:

Brace yourself he will make many tweets and if losing he will be crucified, if winning he will be praised for being transparent, open and charismatic. 

The @ tweets to other athletes past and present is rampant. No big deal, IMO. 

this needs to be quoted for truth. This should literally be pinned at the top of every sports teams forums. These young guys today are going to use social media, and a lot of the time they’ll probably sound immature. But, that’s the world we live in. These are young kids that have been put under a microscope. If you think he was thinking in his head “im making a post about ocho cinco and i want it to be taken seriously” then you’ve pegged social media wayyyy wrong 

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rivera did not commit to Haskins as the starter. Which is pretty smart. He wants him to do the things Ron expects before being named the starter. He’s not handing anyone anything.

747D5E34-FD73-4751-8390-1EB63F277172.jpeg

Either that or another thought.  Doesn't want to tip his hand as to QB need for draft purposes?  Maybe drive up that #2 pick in the event Bengals take Chase Young?

Bullet point of Rivera's answer on Haskins:

1.  He can be the guy

2. It takes time and a plan and we have a staff that understands that.

3. We have other quality players as well.

4. No one will be handed the job, the best player will play.

5. We'll take it one step at a time.

Isn't that pretty much the model answer?

54 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Pretty sure Haskins said he was looking forward to a bit of travelling in the offseason. I'd suggest to him that this offseason could be one to work his arse off and travel another time. 

Ron wants a leader. 

He already skipped the introductory press conference. Guice was front and center shaking Ron’s hand sitting next to AP. You are the starting QB of the team. Show up to your new coach’s intro when you have teammates there. Be a leader. That’s what Ron expects. 

I wish Haskins was there today, it may seem silly to some but he will be the face of the franchise and you see guys like Allen and Guice there and know who the true team leaders are.

I don't think its a guarantee that these two hit it off.

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He already skipped the introductory press conference. Guice was front and center shaking Ron’s hand sitting next to AP. You are the starting QB of the team. Show up to your new coach’s intro when you have teammates there. Be a leader. That’s what Ron expects. 

Yep agree, that was my point.

Archived