Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Still feels like we're missing some information.

Feels like something happened behind closed doors immediately after the game, a blow up maybe, big argument (i don't know im speculating) and thats what caused dwayne to scamper home like a baby and do that stupid zoom conference. 

Hard to believe Ron went through all that crap last week only to release him after another bad performance on the field.

Why not just relegate him back to third string and release him in the off season unless he did something again that became yet another distraction in a long line of distractions.

Not that it matters at this point but I'd bet dwayne made a scene somehow and that's what really caused Ron to say that's it I've had enough and determine this kid is incorrigible and not worth the hassle. 

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Still feels like we're missing some information.

Feels like something happened behind closed doors immediately after the game, a blow up maybe, big argument (i don't know im speculating) and thats what caused dwayne to scamper home like a baby and do that stupid zoom conference. 

Hard to believe Ron went through all that crap last week only to release him after another bad performance on the field.

Why not just relegate him back to third string and release him in the off season unless he did something again that became yet another distraction in a long line of distractions.

Not that it matters at this point but I'd bet dwayne made a scene somehow and that's what really caused Ron to say that's it I've had enough and determine this kid is incorrigible and not worth the hassle. 

I was thinking the same.  Why demote him to third string only to cut him a few hours later?  Guessing he didn't react well to the news.

In any event

the sound of music party GIF

2 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Smith beats Philly to win the division. He then beats Wilson and Seattle. He then outdewles Brady and we go to the super bowl where he blows away Andy Reid and Mahomes and is the MVP and Chiefs fans are sorry they traded him.

This may sound strange coming from a Dallas fan, but if Washington wins the division, I would not hate to see them winning the Super Bowl with Alex Smith.  With what Smith and Rivera have been through, it would be hard not to root for them to overcome such unthinkable odds and come out on top.  

On the other hand, the sight of Dan Snyder holding up the Lombardi trophy would be hard to take.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Say what you want about circumstances and all that but my goodness, this is all you need to know. He can’t play. 

Cooley called it leading into the 2019 draft. I tried to be positive and patient but the first preseason game, he was blowing open TDs against 2nd stringers. I legitimately think he’s the worst QB we’ve had in my 28 years of life 

When you put his production with his behavior he is tops on my list and it's not even close. 

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I was thinking the same.  Why demote him to third string only to cut him a few hours later?  Guessing he didn't react well to the news.

In any event

the sound of music party GIF

I think they made that announcement with the intention of releasing him, but didn’t want to make it public until Ron had a chance to tell Dwayne personally.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh you didn’t hear? The guy who plays Jake from State Farm was high on PCP on the set of a commercial today and killed both Rogers and Mahomes. Sucks to be you but on the bright side, really opens up some opportunities for Washington to maybe make a run this year.

LOL. 

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I bet this was the first time where he couldn't get by on his natural talent.  

Mike Tyson has a great quote, it's along the lines of...everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face.  Haskins got punched in the face and he didn't know what to do.  

Neither did Tyson, ironically.

Honestly does the way this ended actually surprise anyone? The guy who has had maturity issues, which many here fought me tooth and nail on (and many agreed with me) just reportedly... leaves... after the game.

”It is what it is” or whatever he said. 

“Sometimes being human isn’t enough.”

He has very significant immaturity issues as it pertains strictly to football. I don’t know him so I will not pretend like I know what he’s like. 

Stripgate, TheLeagueDoneMessedUp, the look on his face when drafted, the picture of him with his arm up looking away from the tablet, the praying during the game, the nap-like trance, liking an IG post about Gruden being fired, rarely looking at the tablet when the camera was on, running on the field to talk to Heinecke for who knows what reason, helping Smith up (which I hoped was genuine)...

There’s a lot. 

A young guy makes mistakes. Even the best. But the list on Haskins is... staggering. 

I go back to what I said during the week: His conduct was detrimental to the team last week. He should not have started the game and despite that decision, Heineken should have been in the game after the second pick. 

I bring this up because I hope this is something Rivera learns from and moves forward with knowing that you have to stick to your belief system and philosophies even when you desperately want to help a guy succeed. 

Time to move forward.

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I mean how much trouble can he get into in Green Bay?  Do you all even have strip clubs?  I assumed it was too cold. 

We had a hot summer this year. It gets to 90 degrees in the summer here. Yep they do have strip clubs downtown. Come visit up here someday.

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Speaking of which...mind if we borrow Love for a bit?  I mean...you're not using him right now and we promise to give him back with only a few scratches and dents. 🤞

Yes we would lend him to you guys. You promise?

Just watched that clip of him on the news, and I think somebody said that he's "good at saying the right things".  We must have different definitions of "good".  He literally reminds me of my 13 year old, eyes all over the place, uncomfortably trying to piece together appropriate words and statements to make it appear as if he's been taught a lesson.  Just doesn't look like a guy who's hungry at all.  I get it - he just had a really bad day after a really, really bad day on the heels of an awful week.  But that doesn't look like a kid that really feels the temperature of the room at all.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Honestly does the way this ended actually surprise anyone? The guy who has had maturity issues, which many here fought me tooth and nail on (and many agreed with me) just reportedly... leaves... after the game.

”It is what it is” or whatever he said. 

“Sometimes being human isn’t enough.”

He has very significant immaturity issues as it pertains strictly to football. I don’t know him so I will not pretend like I know what he’s like. 

Stripgate, TheLeagueDoneMessedUp, the look on his face when drafted, the picture of him with his arm up looking away from the tablet, the praying during the game, the nap-like trance, liking an IG post about Gruden being fired, rarely looking at the tablet when the camera was on, running on the field to talk to Heinecke for who knows what reason, helping Smith up (which I hoped was genuine)...

There’s a lot. 

A young guy makes mistakes. Even the best. But the list on Haskins is... staggering. 

I go back to what I said during the week: His conduct was detrimental to the team last week. He should not have started the game and despite that decision, Heineken should have been in the game after the second pick. 

I bring this up because I hope this is something Rivera learns from and moves forward with knowing that you have to stick to your belief system and philosophies even when you desperately want to help a guy succeed. 

Time to move forward.

His entire approach to the duties of the position and leadership are exactly how I imagine Michael Scott would handle it.  The selfie, the hand clapping moment with the offensive line "Help me help you", simply calling himself Simba, the list goes on and on.

Ironically Simba is actually the perfect nickname, but he doesn't understand why lol.

26 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Thank God.  My biggest fear was they were going to keep him around for the duration of his rookie contract "just to see".  This should have happened last week.  

This guy had bust written all over him when Louis Riddick (and many others) tried to act like Jay Gruden committed an attempted murder for simply having Haskins as the #2 and having to play him when Keenum got hurt last year.  Good riddance.  

Yes I would like to hear from Louis Reddick and all the others who put the blame on Gruden and not the player.  

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just watched that clip of him on the news, and I think somebody said that he's "good at saying the right things".  We must have different definitions of "good".  He literally reminds me of my 13 year old, eyes all over the place, uncomfortably trying to piece together appropriate words and statements to make it appear as if he's been taught a lesson.  Just doesn't look like a guy who's hungry at all.  I get it - he just had a really bad day after a really, really bad day on the heels of an awful week.  But that doesn't look like a kid that really feels the temperature of the room at all.

I said he was good at saying the right things, but more agree with what you're saying here. 

I just meant he does in fact say them but he does it like someone who has a fictitious or hypothetical idea of what the right things actually are would say them.  It IS very teenager-esque.  

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Man, how did I forget this one?  Cringe worthy.

When Morgan Moses started to say something and Dwayne cut him off: "Nononononononono relax" or calm down or whatever he said. Just disgraceful. Plus the Thomas Davis video from TC. 

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yes I would like to hear from Louis Reddick and all the others who put the blame on Gruden and not the player.  

I'm not sure why.

With the utmost certainty, I think he will still pin the blame on Gruden/the organization.  That the right organization will unlock all the greatness within him.  Probably a few tidbits of how some of it falls on Dwayne, but it leads back to the org.  Which is BS, because  I think it's actually damning on Haskins that 2 entirely different regimes were thoroughly unimpressed, and the prior regime was sick to their stomach at the thought of drafting him after his interview.

9 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

His entire approach to the duties of the position and leadership are exactly how I imagine Michael Scott would handle it.  The selfie, the hand clapping moment with the offensive line "Help me help you", simply calling himself Simba, the list goes on and on.

“The league done messed up - Dwayne Haskins” Michael Scott

Archived