Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Based on him actually starting to break franchise records with us.   No doubt if he was still here,  we would have already seen more franchise records broken.  I think Kirk is the guy that will do well if the entire team, including defense is playing at a high level.  

Lol. His weapons here are night and day compared to what he has in Minny. He broke yardage records because he was throwing 50 times a game thanks to our defense. His most effective games in Minny is when he’s throwing no more than 17-20 times. 

Also, I like that, if the entire team is playing at a high level then he should do ok. I would hope so for 30 million a year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, steven11 said:

I don’t think anyone expected him to be a franchise savior to be honest, people mostly just wanted him to develop with the rest of the team.

I guarantee you that a lot of stupid fans on this message board expected Haskins to walk on water because he was a first round pick.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

RG3 did it to himself lol.   

RG3 has looked like trash in Baltimore and as always blamed it on everything but himself. They would have cut him a few weeks ago but he got hurt and therefore they couldn’t. Doubt he’s on the roster next season. 

19 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

That’s not a good look for Doug Williams. Quite frankly he may not be long for this organization.

Since Rivera has taken over he’s been reassigned from management/scouting duties and given a nice respectful title with little functional or organizational authority. His main responsibility appears to be as something of a counselor for players.

Doug Williams is an solid dude. He's also one of our SB champion QBs. I'll give him his due respect and not jump to a conclusion. But even if he said it, I'd still give him the benefit of who he is. Doug could have said why not just make him inactive? Its not like you'll need to pay him. He's already paid. Cutting him places him in his apartment alone with his thoughts. And lets face it, he's a kid that's had an extremely rough week (all be it his fault). But you've already taken $40k, made him apologize and reprimanded him for his indiscretions off the field. Placing him inactive would be a football move based on his performance on the field. I'm not saying I agree. I'm just not going to dog Doug.  

23 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

If this is somehow true, then we could have been spared the yesterday's performance if not for Doug Williams.  I know Williams coached a good bit at Grambling, but for him to tolerate what Trashkins did is just bad judge of character by him.

I guess it depends on Williams' reasons.  Williams might have wanted to keep Haskins because Smith and Allen are hurt, which definitely makes sense to me.  I don't think anyone expected Heinecke to play as well as he did in the 4th quarter, since he's only been on the team 3 - 4 weeks.  

5 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

I wonder if we go after Cam now??

What for?  If we're not willing to gamble on Smith next year, why should we gamble on Cam Newton?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheShredSkinz said:

I wonder if we go after Cam now??

Cam and Haskins are very inacurate passers. I am tired of seeing QBs throw off their back foot and tossing up garabge into double and triple coverage.  Cam is a clown show as well.  

I LOVED the Clinton Portis antics.....Cam doesn't back it up like Portis.  I can't stand Cam's hats and silly outfits.  I think Cam would be more frustrating than having Haskins.  How about Mariota?

• Like 1

Just now, Dexter said:

Cam and Haskins are very inacurate passers. I am tired of seeing QBs throw off their back foot and tossing up garabge into double and triple coverage.  Cam is a clown show as well.  

I LOVED the Clinton Portis antics.....Cam doesn't back it up like Portis.  I can't stand Cam's hats and silly outfits.  I think Cam would be more frustrating than having Haskins.  How about Mariota?

That's pretty harsh.  Cam was an excellent QB for a few years.  He led Carolina to a 15 - 1 record and to the Super Bowl.  It's silly to compare him to Haskins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Finally!

Let's face it guys: Snyder wanted to relieve the 80s glory days by drafting a young Doug Williams with the help of Doug Williams in the building.

Their decision backfired, as everyone knew from day 1.

This cemented the terrible drafting skills those two guys have. Just pathetic. 

Time to move on and heal our wounds. The only question left to answer is where Haskins ranks on the top Redskins QB busts of all time?

My short list:

1. Haskins

2. Shuler

3. Docson

4. The RB we cut before the start of the season

5. RGIII

Edited by El Mexican
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Mariota over Cam? No way.

I've ****ed plenty about Cams fadeaway passes but Washington would be foolish not to bring him in. He's carrying a team full of scrubs this year.

Proof is on ESPN now.

3 minutes ago, clietas said:

Not a good look for Doug. Might have to take his photo off my living room wall for awhile. Can't believe he'd stand up for ****ing Haskins. I'd have no problem with Rivera getting rid of Williams as well.

He ignored all the red flags on Guice as well. Doug needs to go. He will whisper exactly what Dan wants to hear. Dude has to go.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jnhutchi3 said:

That's pretty harsh.  Cam was an excellent QB for a few years.  He led Carolina to a 15 - 1 record and to the Super Bowl.  It's silly to compare him to Haskins.

Don't get me wrong....I do agree that Cam was an excellent for a few years....he was league MVP.  But at this point in his career, he's a clown IMO.  We need a leader at QB who has natural accuracy and is not a distraction.  Cam is not accurate and he would be a distraction.

Google Cam right now and all you see pop up is Cam and what crazy outfit he is wearing.  Hard pass on Cam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Finally!

Let's face it guys: Snyder wanted to relieve the 80s glory days by drafting a young Doug Williams with the help of Doug Williams in the building.

Their decision backfired, as everyone knew from day 1.

This cemented the terrible drafting skills those two guys have. Just pathetic. 

Time to move on and heal our wounds. The only question left to answer is where Haskins ranks on the top Redskins QB busts of all time?

My short list:

1. Haskins

2. Shuler

3. Docson

4. The RB we cut before the start of the season

5. RGIII

Out biggest 1st round bust was Andre Johnson in 1996. He never played a game for us and played in 3 games in his entire career in the NFL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Oh for God's sake...just jumped on to listen to Czabe put the nails in his coffin and was greeted with Chris Russell instead.  What a disaster

Me too! So upsetting. Hopefully he’s back tomorrow?

11 minutes ago, jnhutchi3 said:

Cam is hot garbage passing the ball as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, clietas said:

Mariota over Cam? No way.

I've ****ed plenty about Cams fadeaway passes but Washington would be foolish not to bring him in. He's carrying a team full of scrubs this year.

Proof is on ESPN now.

You can't be serious. Something is physically wrong with Cam and he's looked washed all season.

• Like 2

I wonder if Doug cautioned against cutting Haskins last week partly because he knew what would play better with Dan. Note that according to the WP, Rivera discussed his intention to cut Dwayne with Snyder before it happened today.

Now I'm not saying he asked for permission, that could have been an "FYI" conversation. But even still, it's important how Ron sells that decision to Dan regardless of whether he's technically asking for permission. And maybe that's where Doug guided him last week - "Hey Dan thought Dwayne played pretty good in the 2nd half yesterday, so maybe we give him another week to see if he can keep it going and if not, will be a much easier sell upstairs"

3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Don't get me wrong....I do agree that Cam was an excellent for a few years....he was league MVP.  But at this point in his career, he's a clown IMO.  We need a leader at QB who has natural accuracy and is not a distraction.  Cam is not accurate and he would be a distraction.

Google Cam right now and all you see pop up is Cam and what crazy outfit he is wearing.  Hard pass on Cam.

I have no interest in bringing Newton to Washington.  That would be a dumb move, because the guy might be more hobbled than Alex Smith.  Unlike Smith, I don't think Newton can throw the ball anymore.  It has nothing to do with what the dude wears.

However, it's a mistake to compare Newton to Haskins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• PCS locked this topic