Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

Ryan Gruden fell down on the play.  Did you even watch your own gif?

I surely hope Heineken is the guy.  Otherwise we will still be debating Kirk 10 years from now.

Who's actually debating him? 

Someone shows the Kirk love someone makes a snarky joke, a few people laugh, the Kirk disciple disappears...

That's not much of a debate...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad to see such a young man fail so spectacularly, but make no mistake, this failure is completely on him.

Hopefully, for his own sake, he matures, and has greater success down the road in whatever endeavor he chooses.

However, in the present, this was the right move for Coach Rivera and the WFT.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, steven11 said:

L to whoever ends up with Fields this year 

Well thats just dumb thinking there... Fields and Haskins are nothing alike.. Please actually watch college football before you speak among adults. We would be lucky to get fields. All this team needs is a game manager .. Alex had proven that. Go root for clemson and the nose tiger fan. 

4 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Kirk absolutely does not suck right now lol. I believe he was just named NFC Offensive Player of the Month in November with some ridiculous stats. Vikings are a mess for a lot of reasons but Kirk is still one of the better QBs in the league.

Kirk had offensive awards here. But I said this when he was here. Number mean **** if you don't win. And somebody replied with a confused emoji. They'll probably do it here but I'd rather have Alex's low QB stats and wins than anything Kirk is doing to pad his stats. Kirk is James Harden. 

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't wish him any ill will. I hope he has a great life. Cutting him doesn't put the playoff wind back in my sails, but it does make me amused again.

It's like going to the zoo super excited about how great it is, then you see how horribly abused the animals are and get sad, then the clowns come out and you get to eat all the sugar you want and it's just funny again.

Thanks man. That made my day. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s always someone else’s fault. He didn’t have weapons, he didn’t have a run game, his OL stinks, the defense stinks.... it’s the most time-honored tradition in the NFL and the most baffling: defending Captain Kirk.

It's simple,  with Kirk we win against the Panthers easily and probably alot more games this year too.  

• Like 1

I wonder if the final nail in Haskins' coffin was his play yesterday or that he left the stadium without consulting anyone, leaving the team hanging out to dry. I have a feeling it might have been the latter. If maturity issues were Haskins' downfall then him leaving without informing the coaches and embarrassing them when he was unavailable for the media or if Rivera wanted to speak to him might have been just too much.

On the other hand, I told my mother I could have played better than Haskins yesterday. She laughed and said, "No, you couldn't," then thought about it and said, "Yeah, you're probably right."

12 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

It's simple,  with Kirk we win against the Panthers easily and probably alot more games this year too.  

Nah. If that were true, Kirk would have won those games against the Giants that would have landed us in the playoffs. Those Giants' teams were even worse than the Panthers are, too. On do or die games, Cousins always died when he was in Washington. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I wonder if the final nail in Haskins' coffin was his play yesterday or that he left the stadium without consulting anyone, leaving the team hanging out to dry. I have a feeling it might have been the latter. If maturity issues were Haskins' downfall then him leaving without informing the coaches and embarrassing them when he was unavailable for the media or if Rivera wanted to speak to him might have been just too much.

On the other hand, I told my mother I could have played better than Haskins yesterday. She laughed and said, "No, you couldn't," then thought about it and said, "Yeah, you're probably right."

Nah. If that were true, Kirk would have won those games against the Giants that would have landed us in the playoffs. Those Giants' teams were even worse than the Panthers are, too. On do or die games, Cousins always died when he was in Washington. 

We always had a crappy defense the entire time too, with the worst D coordinators we've ever had.   This defense with Kirk would have been a win, easily.  

• Like 1

Hours after reviewing the game film and speaking to reporters Monday morning, Rivera talked to Daniel Snyder about moving on from Haskins, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Snyder was a strong proponent of acquiring Haskins, despite pushback from some on the football staff, yet he supported Rivera’s decision, further validating the coach’s power Washington’s lead decision-maker on the football side.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/28/dwayne-haskins-released-washington-football-team/

• Like 3

I didn't like him after all the off-field stuff (maybe before that) and that alone is enough to ridicule him but I hate seeing anyone lose their dream.  I also hate all the piling on.  The guy is just 23 and yes, he has made millions and seems to be immature, enough so that I don't even like him, but still he is young and was so excited over some of his accomplishments here only to be dragged through the mud over and and over again.  It really makes me feel sorry for him even though I shouldn't.  He was so excited about his first win only to be gashed for taking the selfie with a fan at the end (rightfully so, and I was one of them) and then had a good performance statistically in a loss and got chided for bragging about stats in a loss.  Poor all around behavior but the guy is young.  I don't like all that he has done and pretty much how he has reacted in every circumstance but I still can't help but feel so bad for him.  Like others have said, this is his dream and this was his dream team (disregard Danny for a moment) and to have it crashing down on him is not pleasant to watch.  Even more unpleasant is watching people celebrating this.  Just not what I want to watch.  While I don't even like him, I hope he finds success elsewhere and lives up to his potential.

• Like 1

Just now, srtman04 said:

We always had a crappy defense the entire time too, with the worst D coordinators we've ever had.   This defense with Kirk would have been a win, easily.  

I think we blew the Cousins' situation. I think the first franchise tag was smart, but after Kirk won Allen's "prove-it" challenge, they needed to pay him and not play negotiation games. That said, there's always an excuse with Cousins. He has failed to elevate the Vikings for three years now. He looks great. His teams' fail. After signing Cousins, the Vikings are 19-15-1. Before that, they were in the Championship game and widely believed to be a Superbowl ready team. As bad as the Redskins have been, they netted 16 wins during that same stretch.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The one thing you can never know the result of is how someone will react to being instantly rich. You have to do your homework pre draft to try to figure that part of it out. Many on here are saying Haskins doesnt have the physical tools to be a NFL QB. That is not true. His tape from OSU was really good. I mean he threw dimes all year long. And not easy passes either. Throws like this. 

Dwayne Haskins (Ohio St. QB) vs. TCU (2018) animated gif

Haskins has the physical ability to be a good QB. But what money does to immature people can never be truly known. He isnt the first to succumb to it. Leaf did as well. 

Just my 2 cents but I think this is a fluke...   OSU has 2 receivers crossing barely 5 yards apart deep down field, so someone has run a bad route.  Add that the underneath receiver is completely obscured by 2 defenders so I think Haskins target is the open deep receiver but the ball trajectory is low. Just sayin...

4 minutes ago, owa said:

I didn't like him after all the off-field stuff (maybe before that) and that alone is enough to ridicule him but I hate seeing anyone lose their dream.  I also hate all the piling on.  The guy is just 23 and yes, he has made millions and seems to be immature, enough so that I don't even like him, but still he is young and was so excited over some of his accomplishments here only to be dragged through the mud over and and over again.  It really makes me feel sorry for him even though I shouldn't.  He was so excited about his first win only to be gashed for taking the selfie with a fan at the end (rightfully so, and I was one of them) and then had a good performance statistically in a loss and got chided for bragging about stats in a loss.  Poor all around behavior but the guy is young.  I don't like all that he has done and pretty much how he has reacted in every circumstance but I still can't help but feel so bad for him.  Like others have said, this is his dream and this was his dream team (disregard Danny for a moment) and to have it crashing down on him is not pleasant to watch.  Even more unpleasant is watching people celebrating this.  Just not what I want to watch.  While I don't even like him, I hope he finds success elsewhere and lives up to his potential.

I never disliked Haskins. He seemed like a good guy. Affable and someone who wanted to do good. He got caught in a bad situation. I don't know if he would have busted like that were it not Gruden's last year or if COVID meant no OTAs and barely any training camp, but some young adults need more guidance. On the field, he just never did enough to make you think, "When this kid gets it... WATCH OUT!"  but that means for us he was a bad qb not a bad person.

8 minutes ago, owa said:

this is his dream and this was his dream team (disregard Danny for a moment) and to have it crashing down on him is not pleasant to watch.  Even more unpleasant is watching people celebrating this.  Just not what I want to watch.  While I don't even like him, I hope he finds success elsewhere and lives up to his potential.

Believe the giants were his dream team

37 minutes ago, GreenFields said:

Well thats just dumb thinking there... Fields and Haskins are nothing alike.. Please actually watch college football before you speak among adults. We would be lucky to get fields. All this team needs is a game manager .. Alex had proven that. Go root for clemson and the nose tiger fan. 

Hi Justin, don't you want to go to a better organization than Washington?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That is the one thing that doesnt make the 15th pick being a bust as bad. We got Sweat anyways. 

I was shocked we moved back into the first round to take Sweat.  I was also fairly shocked we got Haskins.  I think it was smart to take him at 15 and it was worth the risk at the time.

At the time I also thought it would be Burns, Murphy or even Greedy Williams if not Haskins.  I still think we drafted the right guy....Haskins just didn't pan out.

Murphy just seemed too slow and not as athletic, Greedy just didn't tackle, and Burns would have been my pick if it wasn't Haskins.  Oh well....Heinicke has natural accuracy and he is a realyl good athlete.  Most importantly, Chase Young seems to have rallied behind him and the rest of the lockerroom will lilkely fall in line especially if Alex cannot go.

Hindsight is 20/20.

He was a miss, but at the time it looked like a reasonable pick.  Nobody blasted us for it.  The selection of Daniel Jones however was ridiculed by everyone, including Giants fans.

Coming out of college, Haskins looked like a solid prospect.  He had just led the country with 50 touchdown passes.  Came out of a pro style offense.  Urban Meyer completely vouched for him (though you could argue that he would do the same for any of his players).  His draft profile suggested he was a student of the game.  Had a prototype build and live arm.   Snyder knew about him from a local high school.  Even McLaurin vouched for him when he himself was drafted.  I talked with an OSU fan who thought he was a steal.

There were a few red flags... him being so young/inexperienced and some analysts noting significant inaccuracy+poor form when forced to improvise.  His attitude on draft night certainly didn’t endear himself to anyone.  Also, a very bizarre interview one reporter had with his father prior to the draft.  But at the time we drafted him, he was a worthy gamble.  People saying he would have been picked in the third round are kidding themselves.

The irony in all this, is the trade up for Montez Sweat was viewed as a much riskier gamble.  He was viewed as having an attitude problem which forced him to change schools.  Then, he got drafted... cried tears of joy into his moms arms and has turned into an absolute stud.

The draft is a crap shoot.  And QB had always been the toughest position to gauge.  It is very hard to measure heart.  There are no sure things.  I’m not mad at the organization for drafting Haskins.  I’m mad at Haskins for wasting his talent and failing to be a professional.  It was all mental.  If Haskins had even half the drive of an Alex Smith... we’d be contending for a Super Bowl.  I’m totally serious.

Edited by StormShadow
  • Thanks 2

• PCS locked this topic