Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

When Morgan Moses started to say something and Dwayne cut him off: "Nononononononono relax" or calm down or whatever he said. Just disgraceful. Plus the Thomas Davis video from TC. 

Even more jarring was the Oline faces during this exchange, I think he was close to getting KO'ed. It was so clear in that moment they knew he was a blowhard chump and had zero repect for his blathering

• Like 3

Haskins: “All good things come to an end...I am asking for understanding...I need to make the best of my next opportunity...”

Sincerely wish him well.

For some reason I can’t inbed the link but you can watch an interview from WUSA TV today with a very sullen Dwayne Haskins relating his feelings about his football future after being cut for the first time in his life.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IlnllLhf270&feature=share

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Say what you want about circumstances and all that but my goodness, this is all you need to know. He can’t play. 

Cooley called it leading into the 2019 draft. I tried to be positive and patient but the first preseason game, he was blowing open TDs against 2nd stringers. I legitimately think he’s the worst QB we’ve had in my 28 years of life 

How can a guy play for a top of the country division 1 school like Ohio state, throw 50 TD passes in one season and then all of a sudden can't play. Boggles my mind.

• Like 2

The one thing you can never know the result of is how someone will react to being instantly rich. You have to do your homework pre draft to try to figure that part of it out. Many on here are saying Haskins doesnt have the physical tools to be a NFL QB. That is not true. His tape from OSU was really good. I mean he threw dimes all year long. And not easy passes either. Throws like this. 

Dwayne Haskins (Ohio St. QB) vs. TCU (2018) animated gif

Haskins has the physical ability to be a good QB. But what money does to immature people can never be truly known. He isnt the first to succumb to it. Leaf did as well. 

• Like 2

Oh and this isn’t necessarily against Haskins, but can we talk about the fact that not only did Snyder force this pick but then because Dwayne WANTED Theismann’s 7, Snyder put it on Thiesmann to say no.

I just remembered from listening to Sheehan.

Brutal.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Haskins: “All good things come to an end...I am asking for understanding...I need to make the best of my next opportunity...”

Sincerely wish him well.

For some reason I can’t inbed the link but you can watch an interview from WUSA TV today with a very sullen Dwayne Haskins relating his feelings about his football future after being cut for the first time in his life.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IlnllLhf270&feature=share

Thanks, it's almost hard to watch.  Seems sincere and humble even with softball questions.  Some things sound rehearsed, but at least they're the right things and not betrayed by any arrogance or vindictiveness.

I hope he gets it one day.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Man, how did I forget this one?  Cringe worthy.

Lol I remember getting killed on here last year for saying it was cringey and telling about how his teammates saw him. "That is what you want out of a leader! You must not have played sports at a high level." and things like that.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Oh and this isn’t necessarily against Haskins, but can we talk about the fact that not only did Snyder force this pick but then because Dwayne WANTED Theismann’s 7, Snyder put it on Thiesmann to say no.

Brutal.

i still woulda said no....but that was a hell of a position they put Theisman in. I would make it up to him by retiring it in a ceremony to open the home playoff game if we get one. Tho....maybe not with no fans. But it would have to happen. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Brutal.

I wonder who we would've taken at 15 without his interference, Sweat?

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The one thing you can never know the result of is how someone will react to being instantly rich. You have to do your homework pre draft to try to figure that part of it out. Many on here are saying Haskins doesnt have the physical tools to be a NFL QB. That is not true. His tape from OSU was really good. I mean he threw dimes all year long. And not easy passes either. Throws like this. 

Haskins has the physical ability to be a good QB. But what money does to immature people can never be truly known. He isnt the first to succumb to it. Leaf did as well. 

Looks like a guy throwing into blanketed double coverage to me, which seems pretty on brand.  The correct read is to hit the backside WR streaking open down the field.

A lot of his OSU stats were padded with wide open receivers and bubble screens.

Definitely agree with your sentiment on wealth but the guy is horrible at the NFL level.

Edited by 86 Snyder

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

If those were your thoughts when we drafted him then you are a better man than me. I will admit I had some faith for a while untill his character "shined through". Every one is an expert around here but the reality is we are all just fans with out a clue. I actually wanted to draft DK Metcalf that year but other forum "experts"said that was stupid because of his bad three cone drill at the combine.  How could I be so stupid.

Oh you’re right about that, lots of people were optimistic whether they had reservations or not. 

I was simply disagreeing with your present day assertion that he clearly has the physical tools. We’ve seen him in action enough to start questioning if that’s actually true, in hindsight. And to me it’s clearly not. 

14 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

How can a guy play for a top of the country division 1 school like Ohio state, throw 50 TD passes in one season and then all of a sudden can't play. Boggles my mind.

Im no college football expert but I imagine because his teammates are superior to the competition 99% of the time it hides a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I know right. Its a coach building a team around a player, vs a coach building a team from players. 

And of course the day after we draft him we suddenly hear his mechanics are horrible, has to have offense catered to him, etc yet there were no much phrases uttered before that.

I don't wish him any ill will. I hope he has a great life. Cutting him doesn't put the playoff wind back in my sails, but it does make me amused again.

It's like going to the zoo super excited about how great it is, then you see how horribly abused the animals are and get sad, then the clowns come out and you get to eat all the sugar you want and it's just funny again.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I'm assuming most highly ranked QBs in big successful programs can make throws like that.

I think the most resounding difference between college and the NFL is the speed of the game.  Almost every player on the field in the NFL was an all-star in high school and damn good in college, either an award winner or named to an all-conference team.  

In 2018, OSU played six games against ranked opponents.  They also played programs that weren't so good like Indiana and Rutgers.  

The gap in talent in the NFL isn't nearly as wide as it is in college.  In college, you're playing against a lot of guys that won't play past college.  The NFL is as good as it gets.  A backup DB in the NFL was probably damn good in college.  As such, Haskins can make that throw in college, I bet the DBs he torched on that throw aren't in the NFL now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

His tape from OSU was really good. I mean he threw dimes all year long. And not easy passes either. Throws like this.

The pass rush is faster and more complex in the NFL and the throwing windows much smaller. Fast decision making and pinpoint accuracy are more important than a cannon of an arm.

Dwayne was done wrong by coaches who didn't teach him to play properly or, if they tried, let him get away with slop on the strength of his arm.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's like going to the zoo super excited about how great it is, then you see how horribly abused the animals are and get sad, then the clowns come out and you get to eat all the sugar you want and it's just funny again.

Interesting zoo you have in your town.

Looking back, I guess they could have released him instead of fining him $40k, letting him play like **** and then canning him. But then again, looking at it from Ron's pov, maybe he felt a lot more pissed that DH would do what he did knowing Ron's immune system is extremely fragile. You know how somebody does something and your initial thought is one way. Then as you continue to think on it, you start to feel some kind of way, then you get angry. Maybe Ron went through that process. Maybe he had the different thoughts we expressed in this forum. You figure Ron went home and talked to his wife and daughter.  I'm sure somewhere along the conversation they were like WTF was he thinking? How could he have placed you in a terrible health situation Ron/Dad. Ron shrugs and says Idk honey. Maybe somewhere in the conversation, his wife ask do you think he would have said anything if the insta pic never came out? Ron replies IDK honey. But later that night Ron starts to hone in on those questions. What if he would have walked in the building asymptomatic and never said anything and I came up positive as a result? **** man wtf was he thinking? I've gone through all this chemo and here comes this selfish guy. What are we doing here? Is this kid even worth the trouble?  

Ron's last question is answered in the forth quarter when DH is walking the sidelines despondent and not supporting his teammates after being pulled. Totally focused on what happened to him. Confirmed self-centered attitude I hoped he'd worked through during the first benching. His replacement is successful with little prep.

DH does not talk to the media and has his own presser from his home. The decision is made because that affects the organization when interviews are not sanctioned. Is he going rogue? Now I'll admit that DH's personal interview is not confirmed as fact. But its neither here nor there at this point. 

Ron give DH a chance. That's all you can ask. Hell this game could have been DH's chance to show the league. Had he played even remotely descent, he'd be taking FA calls tomorrow. But what coach or GM does DH have ties to in the league? IDK. His agent better be a helluva salesmen.

Edited by joeken24
ADD

Just now, clskinsfan said:

That is the one thing that doesnt make the 15th pick being a bust. We got Sweat anyways. 

I dunno if thats how this works - good teams dont just piss away 1st rounders (or 2nd rounders depending on how you want to do the calculus)

• PCS locked this topic