Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not a Haskins guy as for believing he's a franchise QB.   But I am also not in the camp that he's another John Beck. To me he's Ramsey/Campbell caliber type.  He can hopefully win today if he's on his game.  Hopefully he plays mad considering all of today's reports. 

At least Ramsey and JC won some games in this league.  At least they had character.  I’d be MUCH more confident with either Ramsey or JC out there

I don't buy anything JLC says -- he isn't as tapped in as he used to be. 

If DH plays well and keeps his head down/grows up, I could see Ron keeping him around simply for the fact that he is on a rookie deal and is okay to have in the mix until you find the guy. 

I mean yeah, he's probably good as gone, but you never know. 

DH is a weird case. I think he's just really young. He's not a clinical narcissist like RG3, for example.

Well, this went from a game I was excited about, to a game that is potentially going to end our season. Playing well for Haskins isn't even playing well, its just not playing bad...which he also can't do. I will not be enjoying this game today, not enough weed and leftover ham in the world to make that happen.

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If he loses this game, should we cut him Sunday night ?

We would get hit with $11.5M in dead cap if we cut him now and $8.5M in dead cap if we cut him next year, its not easy to cut 1st rd draft picks who are in their rookie contracts.

We have to trade him in the offseason even if it's for nothing but cap relief.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

We would get hit with $11.5M in dead cap if we cut him now and $8.5M in dead cap if we cut him next year, its not easy to cut 1st rd draft picks who are in their rookie contracts.

Not true. He has played 16/17 of this year. The cap hit cutting him now versus new league year is negligible. Trading him saves us $4.4 million off that $8.5M. That’s his combined salary for 2021 and 2022 the new team would take on. 

Damn this thread just got depressing.

This doesn't change anything for me, except going from optimistic,  to "cautiously" optimistic.

Not a Haskins fan at all, but he has a lot of incentive to play well today.  If not for his teammates, he'll do it for himself as he's auditioning for his next team...

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not true. He has played 16/17 of this year. The cap hit cutting him now versus new league year is negligible. Trading him saves us $4.4 million off that $8.5M. That’s his combined salary for 2021 and 2022 the new team would take on. 

So the dead cap is prorated? Doesn't matter anyway, he's not getting cut this year and if we cut him next year we will incur the $8.5M in dead cap.

I get the implication if we trade him which is why I say we need to trade him, he only has about $4.2M left in bonus money, I believe.

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

This doesn't change anything for me, except going from optimistic,  to "cautiously" optimistic.

Not a Haskins fan at all, but he has a lot of incentive to play well today.  If not for his teammates, he'll do it for himself as he's auditioning for his next team...

I know that, you know that, but I don't think Haskins is smart enough to realize that himself.

6 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

This assumes he’s capable of critical thinking and sound decision-making in the face of emotional distress

23 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

19 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I changed my mind.

If Haskins loses this game, no matter how badly, there's no way I'd cut him tonight or this week.

Because then Philly becomes a must-win game, and surely they'd sign him before that game, and he'll give up a lot of offensive info, to threaten our dwindling playoff chances

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I changed my mind.

If Haskins loses this game, no matter how badly, there's no way I'd cut him tonight or this week.

Because then Philly becomes a must-win game, and surely they'd sign him before that game, and he'll give up a lot of offensive info, to threaten our dwindling playoff chances

True. Can’t risk him possibly showing Philadelphia his wrist band

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I changed my mind.

If Haskins gave Philly his understanding of our offense, they'd probably game-plan for the exact opposite of what we do. In fact, it's just crazy enough to work!  

27 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

So the dead cap is prorated? Doesn't matter anyway, he's not getting cut this year and if we cut him next year we will incur the $8.5M in dead cap.

I get the implication if we trade him which is why I say we need to trade him, he only has about $4.2M left in bonus money, I believe.

Yes it’s based on what you paid. The bonus was all paid up front it’s simply calculated evenly each year. He has a fully guaranteed deal. We are in the hook for 4.4 million in salary and the 4.1 in prorated bonus. That’s how you get the 8.5 number. Cutting him costs us the full 8.5. If we find a GM suffering from traumatic brain injury and are able to trade him, then we ship 4.4 of the hit with him. 

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Should be some interesting reactions, if Haskins wins the game and the division, and doesn't make any mistakes, now that it looks like NYG are gonna lose.

Some will still try to create a QB controversy.

That's a big if, though.

We are playing the 4th worst team in the nfl. They have more incentive to lose than win. Winning this game with our defense is something Logan Thomas should be capable of doing as starting QB. Let’s not set the bar so low that we make the loser a hero. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

We are playing the 4th worst team in the nfl. They have more incentive to lose than win. Winning this game with our defense is something Logan Thomas should be capable of doing as starting QB. Let’s not set the bar so low that we make the loser a hero. 

Preachin to the choir.

Just getting everyone ready for that fraction of fans that over-react

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The front office may want them to tank, but the players and coaches do not. I don't expect any team to roll over for any reason ever.

Archived