Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

20 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

The point is that it’s funny the board flipped from ripping Alex a new one to propping him up as our only real chance at playoffs and we’re screwed without him.

I dont think its funny, honestly its sad that we've become so desperate that our hopes have been placed on a guy who is coming off 17 surgeries.  I was indifferent on the trade at first and quickly realized I couldn't watch him be the long term solution and I still can't but like Ron said in one of his pressers, "these are the players we have" and we have to make the best of it.  The fact he wins can't be denied but he's not a good QB, he's just a solid professional who can manage a game and give us a chance.

His toughness and resilience are off the charts but I don't think Alex would start on any other team in the league.

1 hour ago, SweatSuit said:

Seriously guys, I get Dwayne has been less than stellar and that this latest (moronic) decision creates more angst toward him. But had Hopkins not missed the extra point we are very likely talking about a 20 point quarter and taking the game into overtime against a very good Seattle team lead by one of the best QBs in the game. Let’s not pretend that didn’t happen and that we are absolutely screwed without Alex Smith, who at one point was eviscerated on this very board for being too boring and check down Charlie. 

What a refreshing take.

But you are totally discounting how Dwayne's horrible first half lead to deficit that was too big to overcome.  You are also not giving the defense the credit they deserve for holding Seattle to only 20 points.  

I'm not a fan of Alex's game, I hope he does retire so we can move on because he gives us no chance to actually do something in the playoffs. But it's pretty clear that Alex Smith gives this team a much better chance for a win on Sunday.   

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

But you are totally discounting how Dwayne's horrible first half lead to deficit that was too big to overcome.  You are also not giving the defense the credit they deserve for holding Seattle to only 20 points.  

How is he “discounting” dwaynes first half? He literally said haskins has been less than stellar....

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

Moral equivalency game is not played here. You missed the point. But sometime attempting to make a point to someone that is set in their ways of thinking is futile. Carry on....agree to disagree.

Not for anything, but you did just that the second you brought up Rothlesberger (sp?). One has nothing to do with the other. Haskins has already been caught out once this year and did it a second time. It’s like... what’s your deal, Dwayne? This isn’t about maturity. This is someone who just doesn’t care and has never been told “No.”

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sure they’re both horrible, but that won’t stop me from wanting a playoff season from this team just because two guys are awful. 

If that makes me a “bad fan”, whatever. Sorry i like my team making the playoffs 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m still rooting but it does take some of the luster off that shine

The Panthers owner is a hedge fund guy who is obsessively analytics driven. He fully understands the value of losing and holding on to the 4th pick in the draft which would fall to 9th or worse with a win.  The coach is aligned with the owner. No chance CMC will play. We need to take an early lead and they will quit. 

Let’s not make Haskins a hero for beating a team that wants to lose. Logan Thomas at QB should beat these guys. 

40 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Not for anything, but you did just that the second you brought up Rothlesberger (sp?). One has nothing to do with the other. Haskins has already been caught out once this year and did it a second time. It’s like... what’s your deal, Dwayne? This isn’t about maturity. This is someone who just doesn’t care and has never been told “No.”

Ala the $40k. Again you missed the point relating to Roth... And like Ron, this is my last comment regarding this incident. It's been been resolved/addressed. Whatever will be, will be. The team plays in a couple days and most in that organization are focused on Sunday. I'm joining them. 

3 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Don't play the moral equivalency game. It'll keep you from going insane. Rothlesberger (sp?) should be in a jail, but comparing him to Haskins won't get anyone anywhere. It's like kids. I can't compare my kids to what other kids do, I can only do as they require and what I think is best.

This was a case where Haskins knew there could have been an issue and still didn't seem to care. This goes deeper than just immaturity and it's not often than someone can be this much of a knucklehead and get right on the field. The former will prevent the latter.

I've been thinking the same thing. I don't think it's a guarantee that haskins immaturity will change. Some guys are just knuckleheads. Did Pacman Jones stop being a knucklehead as he matured?  AB?

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The Panthers owner is a hedge fund guy who is obsessively analytics driven. He fully understands the value of losing and holding on to the 4th pick in the draft which would fall to 9th or worse with a win.  The coach is aligned with the owner. No chance CMC will play. We need to take an early lead and they will quit. 

The packers got out to an early lead last Saturday night and the panthers didn’t quit. The panthers were in position to win late in the game 

Archived