Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am far from a fan of watching Alex Smith play quarterback.  That said, you can’t be serious.  Dude had 17 surgeries on his leg and hasn’t taken a live snap in 2 years, enters a sloppy game with Wes Martin briefly standing between him and Aaron Donald.  

I don’t know if Wes was standing in between them. It almost seemed like he was standing more to the side of him.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Drafting any QB outside of Lawrence is just a waste of everyone's time.

I haven't studied to the QBs yet to have a definitive opinion like that on this draft class.  I did notice on a podcast a dude who was a coach for both Haskins and Field -- just gushed about Fields in a way that he thought he would be a stud.  That got my attention so I'll pay attention to him when Ohio State comes back. 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am far from a fan of watching Alex Smith play quarterback.  That said, you can’t be serious.  Dude had 17 surgeries on his leg and hasn’t taken a live snap in 2 years, enters a sloppy game with Wes Martin briefly standing between him and Aaron Donald.  

I totally empathize with that. I just can’t understand the hypocrisy that leads us to believe QB growth needs to happen in a vacuum, and that weakness of surrounding  talent is just a lame-ass excuse by Haskins fan-boys..

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I hold out hope that this is a bad form of tough love from Rivera. We know what Urban Meyer said about Haskins needing to be challenged. Maybe this is something that's saying hey don't get too comfortable because you're always in a competition. 

That might have been a realistic assumption, before all the cowardly leaks started.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know why everyone is hoping to watch us to flush Trevor Lawrence's football career down the toilet too.  If we get the #1 pick he needs to go back to Clemson.

I'm with you.  I'm just saying he's the only QB we have even a slight chance of not ruining.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I hold out hope that this is a bad form of tough love from Rivera. We know what Urban Meyer said about Haskins needing to be challenged. Maybe this is something that's saying hey don't get too comfortable because you're always in a competition. 

You don't motivate young players by sabotaging and scapegoating them.  I think Occam's razor calls for the explanation that this was a really bad team that the new regime has somehow made worse, and they botched the handling of the QB position because they don't know what they're doing.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't studied to the QBs yet to have a definitive opinion like that on this draft class.  I did notice on a podcast a dude who was a coach for both Haskins and Field -- just gushed about Fields in a way that he thought he would be a stud.  That got my attention so I'll pay attention to him when Ohio State comes back. 

I wonder if fields can make the leap above Trevor Lawerence in the 2021 draft.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As I said in the draft thread, no matter how good of a QB Fields may otherwise be on another team in this league, he will bust if he is drafted here.  We definitely need to go the FA QB route if we're not picking #1 overall.

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Alex was fine for 2018 when the defense was at least competent. He wasn’t gonna steal

you any games but he wasn’t going to lose em for you either. I don’t like his game but his track record speaks for itself. He’s a 3500 yard 20 TD QB that doesn’t turn the ball over and maybe you’ll get another 200 on the ground. Is it frustrating that he doesn’t take chances? Sure. It’s downright annoying. But he’s made a career out of it and it says a lot when he hasn’t had a losing record in ten years.

I HATE risk takers personally

4 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

I totally empathize with that. I just can’t understand the hypocrisy that leads us to believe QB growth needs to happen in a vacuum, and that weakness of surrounding  talent is just a lame-ass excuse by Haskins fan-boys..

I don’t believe this team is rife with talent.  But I do believe Haskins misses what’s there way too often.  Just too many head scratching plays.

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

As I said in the draft thread, no matter how good of a QB Fields may otherwise be on another team in this league, he will bust if he is drafted here.  We definitely need to go the FA QB route if we're not picking #1 overall.

cause there's just so many world beaters on this list

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

Archived