Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Our offensive line is so bad we need the most mobile QB out there. I think Allen is the most mobile of the three so he  gets the nod. He is familiar with the scheme too.

That seems to be the direction they are trying to go, but they better figure out an insurance policy. Allen made no attempt to protect himself when he escaped the pocket and instead invited carnage. Even on meaningless plays where he was not going to pick up any yards. Allen took more damage in his less than 1 half of football than Smith and Haskins have taken this whole season combined.

They may have guys jumping on em and spinning them around, but you cant just have players repeatedly blasting the daylights out of your qb on a consistent basis. No man can take that punishment and they will break down sooner or later.

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

He’s pushing 40 and is playing on a metal leg in an offense he has no experience in on a team with no weapons. I just don’t get playing him. 

Because he’s the most knowledgeable qb on the roster with the most experience. He played with even less in KC. He knows how to make things work with nothing. Even his numbers in his first year here weren’t so bad take away the TD totals.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Because he’s the most knowledgeable qb on the roster with the most experience. He played with even less in KC. He knows how to make things work with nothing. Even his numbers in his first year here weren’t so bad take away the TD totals.

It would be hard to play with less.  

i think we likely have a bottom 4 O-Line in the NFL (out of 32 teams), probably the worst TE group, with Harmon and Sims and middle of the pack receiver group, without them, a below average WR group, and a middle of the pack running back group.  I don't know what the talent level was like at Kansas City when he was there but I just cannot imagine it being worse than this.

5 minutes ago, carex said:

So we've turned on the coaches after five games.  Delightful

Not turned, but no more free pass. Too many cases of questionable judgement and nepotistic hirings not working 

I empathize with Ron’s condition but he needs to take an extended break if he’s unable to do this with the sharpest mind under the circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, philibusters said:

It would be hard to play with less.  

i think we likely have a bottom 4 O-Line in the NFL (out of 32 teams), probably the worst TE group, with Harmon and Sims and middle of the pack receiver group, without them, a below average WR group, and a middle of the pack running back group.  I don't know what the talent level was like at Kansas City when he was there but I just cannot imagine it being worse than this.

In 2015 he had Kelce and Maclin and then a bunch of guys like Albert Wilson, Jason Avant and Chandachandadick West was their leading rusher with 600 yards.

6 minutes ago, carex said:

So we've turned on the coaches after five games.  Delightful

What are you, new here? Did you not see the hyperbolic reaction after the Philly game? I question the football knowledge of this fan base more often than not. Everyone knew it was an evaluation year yet that means we still have to win 14 games apparently.

Just looked at the FA list for QBs, nothing intriguing.  Dak but i doubt Dallas lets him go.  Cam if NE lets him ago.  Other than that, not much.

Some mentioned Stafford but just looked him up, he's not a FA and they'd have 25 million in dead cap in 2021 and more cap after that so he doesn't seem like a prime candidate to be cut. 

1 minute ago, philibusters said:

Alex Smith was a good game manager in 2018.  Even if he reverts to that form, game managers don't get it done on bad teams.

that sums it up for me.  He might be the best QB in the mix of the three we got but otherwise we can do better IMO.   Alex would be good here if this defense played well but they aren't playing that well. 

2 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

After 25 years in the league, Alex needs more time to ‘knock off the rust’. Until then, 30 yards on 15 pass attempts with 5 sacks is perfectly acceptable.

I am far from a fan of watching Alex Smith play quarterback.  That said, you can’t be serious.  Dude had 17 surgeries on his leg and hasn’t taken a live snap in 2 years, enters a sloppy game with Wes Martin briefly standing between him and Aaron Donald.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just looked at the FA list for QBs, nothing intriguing.  Dak but i doubt Dallas lets him go.  Cam if NE lets him ago.  Other than that, not much.

Some mentioned Stafford but just looked him up, he's not a FA and they'd have 25 million in dead cap in 2021 and more cap after that so he doesn't seem like a prime candidate to be cut. 

I'd take a risk on Winston after his year of learning behind Brees.  Though I'm guessing the Saints will probably try to sign him once Brees leaves this offseason.  Just depends how much we're willing to spend.

Drafting any QB outside of Lawrence is just a waste of everyone's time.

1 hour ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Yeah , LSU didn’t have a stacked team SMH

LSU was not more stacked than OSU.  OSU blew it in the playoffs.  Burrow absolutely drove LSU to the national title.   Obviously LSU has talent but Burtow was on a absolutely different level than any other player or QB.  Haskins has arguably the best offensive players skill wise at every position and a absolutely stacked defense.  OSU had a record number of players drafted in the top 20.

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Alex stinks. He stunk in 2018. Are we really gonna do this again?

Alex was fine for 2018 when the defense was at least competent. He wasn’t gonna steal

you any games but he wasn’t going to lose em for you either. I don’t like his game but his track record speaks for itself. He’s a 3500 yard 20 TD QB that doesn’t turn the ball over and maybe you’ll get another 200 on the ground. Is it frustrating that he doesn’t take chances? Sure. It’s downright annoying. But he’s made a career out of it and it says a lot when he hasn’t had a losing record in ten years.

Archived