Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, KDawg said:

You're too smart for this take. 

And you're too smart not to see the pattern in our incompetence playing out over and over again.  The snake-like smearing by anonymous sources of players who fall out of favor yet again. To buy what this regime is selling even though their mistakes and lies and inconsistencies are really obvious.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

And you're too smart not to see the pattern in our incompetence playing out over and over again.  The snake-like smearing by anonymous sources of players who fall out of favor yet again. To buy what this regime is selling even though their mistakes and lies and inconsistencies are really obvious.

When was the last time we’ve adequately developed any position, Steve? Should we trade all of our draft choices for veterans? When has that been successful.

Let’s just fold the franchise.

2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

100%. While I'm sure (hope) he purchased insurance..he absolutely should not have turned it down. Hindsight and Foresight being 20/20.

He got greedy and I don’t wanna say he should have seen this coming but his lack of financial security long term is on him.

Ron's one of the few coaches in the league that has actually developed a young QB from rookie to Super Bowl and you have people claiming he can't do it, he has already shown that he can do it and you cant take that away from him because you're emotional over Haskins being benched.

Please stop downloading your frustrations on a guy who just got here and hasn't had a chance to even make his mark, its crazy talk.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

When was the last time we’ve adequately developed any position, Steve? Should we trade all of our draft choices for veterans? When has that been successful.

Let’s just fold the franchise.

You kind of just described Gibbs I.

1 minute ago, Darc Requiem said:

That's pure hindsight. He get's through this season he gets more than 35 million. QB after QB has gotten paid, often more than they are worth IMO, it would have been no different for him.

It’s not pure hindsight. He got greedy. He took a risk and this was the worst case scenario. That coupled with the whole decreasing cap nightmare and he was really risking 250 million to get 275 million.

First of all, hate to see what happened to Dak just now. Health and safety mean more than rivalries or business. Wish him the best.

That said, where do we think Dak's relationship with the Cowboys goes from here now that he's done for the season in all likelihood? 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

New coach.  New guy heading personnel. 

With respect to some of the pro Haskins people here including yourself because I agree with you guys on a lot of other things -- its hard for me not to think that emotion is driving the thinking here -- because I just see zero logic to double down on having Dan's assessement of the Qb position or any position to drive this process.  Because that's really the bottom line.  It doesn't matter IMO if you agree with Dan's opinion on that player.   If Rivera sees it one way and Kyle Smith sees it the same way -- that's all the matters IMO. 

if we are going to back Dan to mess with personnel every time we share the same man crush on a player, its unhealthy IMO as to building a team.  It doesn't matter whether we agree with him or not.  The bottom line is you don't want to empower the owner to believe he has every right to override his football people whenever he forms a man crush on a guy.  That's how we end up with McNabb.  And M. Kelly instead of Jordy Nelson.  On and on. 

That is a big part of the 20 year plus bad run.  The owner interfering where he shouldn't be.  And riding Haskins through thick and thin if the HC doesn't want to do it -- adds to that dysfunction.   This move helps put a stop to the dysfunction.  And that goes double if Rivera thinks Haskins doesn't help the culture. 

We've gone over this nauseam, so let me just ask you this:  Can you think of any successful organization that would have handled the Haskins situation the way Rivera and co. did this season?

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

We've gone over this nauseam, so let me just ask you this:  Can you think of any successful organization that would have handled the Haskins situation the way Rivera and co. did this season?

Start a year earlier and you’re on to something.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s not pure hindsight. He got greedy. He took a risk and this was the worst case scenario. That coupled with the whole decreasing cap nightmare and he was really risking 250 million to get 275 million.

I'll just agree to disagree. Dak was primed to do to the Cowboys what Cousins did to us.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

But also, yeah, this regime totally and immediately ****ed up with Haskins.  That does nothing to suggest they'll get it right with the next quarterbacks.  The regime has been pretty terrible since they were hired.  They've made a bad team worse and there is no discernible improvement in competitiveness or culture.  Still the same ****ing WFT politics being played too.

OK, I'll bite. Based on what?

What have you seen from Haskins that makes you think he's going to get better? Please cite actual examples, and not random media blaming (who I generally don't like). He may have worked harder this off season, but that's obviously not hard enough since he's making the same mistakes, and has the same problems. If he's not willing to take his career into his own hands--it's absolutely time to cut bait. Turner pointed out two things--one: he keeps making the same mistakes, and two: once the games started, all the same bad habits showed.

I really wanted Haskins to at least be serviceable, so we didn't have to go through this ****ing merry-go-round again. But, facts are facts, and this is where we are.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Not what I asked.

What other franchise has to at least pretend to placate Dan Snyder?

The answer is none, to your question and mine... because Haskins shouldn’t even be on this roster. But he was... and Snyder is the owner. 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Do you WANT us to have a great QB? Or just have every QB worth a **** to go back to their schools because we might ruin them? 

me, I hope for someone to work out one of these years 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't believe this franchise is capable of developing a QB prospect.  Franchise QBs are made rather than found, and bad franchises almost never develop franchise QBs.  This is one of the worst franchises in the league.

Franchises like us are a pretty compelling argument against the fairness of the draft.  Certainly against the rookie wage scale.  It sucks for these kids to get drafted by teams like us.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The Cardinals, while not necessarily successful, are in a much better position than we are with Kyler Murray.

Successful organizations don't have their owners forcing picks either.

Just now, KDawg said:

What other franchise has to at least pretend to placate Dan Snyder?

The answer is none, to your question and mine... because Haskins shouldn’t even be on this roster. But he was... and Snyder is the owner. 

So your excuse for how Rivera has handled the situation is because he's placating Snyder... how will that be any different for any QB we draft going forward?  You don't think every owner has a say in who will be the face of their franchise for the next 15 years (obviously most aren't as controlling about it as Snyder, but the point stands)?  You're fooling yourself if you think that will change.

Archived