Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

TBH, I think you guys are lying to yourselves to preserve your fanhood.  We have no power to fix this franchise's incompetence, so we constantly peg the team's failures on the players who are on their way out and convince ourselves that things have changed and will be different going forward.

It's a crappy and unrewarding way to follow this sport.  I'm tired of lying to myself about this franchise.  Done trying to convince myself that the braindead mistakes we're making aren't actually happening.  I'm reaching a point where I'd rather just be a general NFL fan and watch good football, whoever the team.  Enjoy the personalities and play of all of the great players in the game, see how they do what they do.  The NFL game is great and it's really easy to forget that if you only watch and follow this pathetic franchise.

I disagree.  The franchise has failed time and time again, there's no denying it.  I'm as beaten up and battered here as anyone else is and we're all miserable.  Pegging the team's failures on the players is part of it, but it's the franchise that picks the players, let's not forget...so they're all in this together.  And quite frankly while I am hopeful that Rivera can be the guy who turns it around, Snyder still owns the team.  Incompetence is everywhere, from Snyder who decreed that Haskins should be the pick to Gruden who put him in too early last year and whatever other developmental transgressions you can point to.

But there's plenty of blame to spread around.  And some of it falls directly on Haskins, too....it doesn't all rest with the franchise.  We've all been plenty critical of the franchise over the years, I don't think anyone is lying to preserve fanhood.  

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well, said coach has the credentials to back him up, so I am willing to give him more than the benefit of the doubt. Definitely more than a couple months worth.

Yeah Ok. He is not showing well through 5. Gruden never looked this bad.

Oh well on to NYG and our quest to win the division. 

On 9/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

But I think Ron Rivera understands the process far better than anyone who was here when we drafted Dwayne, and he's trying to turn things around.  I think he can do it too, he's a good coach.

I recall this post because I responded to it.  I understand being upset about Haskins being benched. 

But I agreed with you on Rivera.  Rivera is a good head coach.  this was less than 2 weeks ago, you are changing you mind based on one move?

I don't always agree with the HC but heck especially in season 1, i'd give him some time.  Rivera has a decent sample size as a HC but not here yet.  And he's groomed a franchise QB before.  This staff is mostly his old Carolina staff.  Even the FO has changed quite a bit.   I am not sure about the same old same old WFT applies here.  It's a different regime, aside from Dan. 

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is the **** that kills me.  Why do people keep buying this?  The staff mishandles a player and the relationship breaks down and then anonymous sources start smearing the player with some sort of character assassination: he's lazy, he's a diva, he's too stupid to pick up the basics of the system, etc. and fans always buy it every time.  Even if the guy is one of the most popular and respected players on the team.  Even if he had a 10 year successful career when he played for a team and staff and culture that were actually good.

All we hear about is Haskins grinding and about how hungry he is to be great, and how his Ohio State coaches loved him.  But now he's a lazy, uncoachable diva the moment he starts playing for this gutter dwelling franchise?  It's horse****.  I am amazed that so many fans are so uncritical and unreflective about this team's perpetual failures.  The players change constantly and the failure is constant and yet the reason we always fail is because the players weren't good enough?

Maybe he sucks just as much as the owner who drafted him? 

Seems like your love of the prospect is driving your emotions. We all know the franchise is a disaster. But this QB was literally drafted by the main cause of the disaster so why should we assume he was worth it? Because YOU liked him pre draft? Chris Cooley thought he was a bust predraft. He wasn’t a slam dunk prospect otherwise NYG would have picked him 

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

TBH, I think you guys are lying to yourselves to preserve your fanhood.  We have no power to fix this franchise's incompetence, so we constantly peg the team's failures on the players who are on their way out and convince ourselves that things have changed and will be different going forward.

It's a crappy and unrewarding way to follow this sport.  I'm tired of lying to myself about this franchise.  Done trying to convince myself that the braindead mistakes we're making aren't actually happening.  I'm reaching a point where I'd rather just be a general NFL fan and watch good football, whoever the team.  Enjoy the personalities and play of all of the great players in the game, see how they do what they do.  The NFL game is great and it's really easy to forget that if you only watch and follow this pathetic franchise.

I’ve thought about it as well. But my dad was a Lakers fan, which means I was born into it as well, and it’s balanced out a lot of the Redskins’ misery for me, except the past half-dozen years where both teams have been terrible. I doubt I could have lasted this long if I were a Wizards fan as well. 

Speaking of, I have no idea why I’m still in this thread. Need to put 100% of my attention into this beautiful Finals game. 🙂

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And most of us think you guys are lying to yourselves about Haskins ability to succeed here.

So... We're even, good sir. :ols:

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know if you noticed but there was a bit of a massive house cleaning of all staff. It was kind of a big deal this past off season. 

I don't think I heard the same things as you about Ohio State coaches praising haskins work ethic, I actually heard rumblings of the exact opposite. Urban Meyer all but said he was not ready for the NFL.

Even so, I was all in on trusting that haskins could do it, and I still would love to see him flip it into gear and fall in line and do whatever it is that the coaches want him to do. Not pouting, but standing up like a man and winning back the job. 

If Rivera was upset with haskins I'm going to believe he had good reason. Rivera has a record in the NFL of being a stand up guy.  Haskins has no real record at all in the NFL.

I am inclined to side with Rivera if its between his word and Haskins. I am dissapointed in haskins if he is ****ing and moaning. That's not how you succeed in life. He should be doing every single thing the coaches ask of him, period. I hope he does, I want him to succeed. 

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

That's not what Rivera said and that's also not what he did.

Yes it is and was talked about all week leading up to the game. I’d love to have a set of the Rivera rose colored glasses you are wearing. I don’t give a damn if he’s new. Not giving him a pass trotting this product and results on the field week in and week out while talking about winning the division. Delusional 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Awkward GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

100 yards of total offense. -6 in one half. Yeah never. Check the stats Rivera fanboy

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Why shouldn't we buy it?  Do you remember a certain QB we had who came from a military family and how driven and humble he was supposed to be?

Is Haskins NOT a diva?  Did he really just have a stomach bug coincidentally the week he was demoted to third string?  Didn't he just unfollow the team on twitter which is a diva move?

I'll admit the WFT isn't completely free from fault here but man, you'd really like to see Haskins rise above it but he's definitely shot himself in the foot, too.

We did the same loser-ass gossipy slandering bull**** with RGIII too.  Did it with McNabb.  Did it with Trent.  Did it with Cooley.  That is the WFT way.  **** things up with a player, then start slandering them in the media to push blame entirely onto them as we shove them out the door.  And it always works on this simp fanbase.  To demonstrate how fan perceptions get warped about players by using your example: the team doctor is the one who sent Haskins home reportedly, and that he would have suited up if he wasn't going to be inactive.  But no, I'm going to believe instead that he's a lazy diva who quit on his team to pout because that is the narrative I've accepted about him, driven by rumors that have come out in order to blame him after the team ****ed things up with him.

26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You’re in the Haskins thread. If he’s such a bust and not worth discussing, why are people even in this thread?  Why inflict yourself on people who still support Haskins?

I'm not talking about threads, I'm talking about the team's fandom in general

As for me and Haskins, I think in this past week he has been treated very poorly, whether he turns out to be a bust eventually or not, but if any of the recent rumors are true, I think a trade for him is possible and it might be the right thing

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, emotions get in the way of logic, usually.  So there's that.

I can't look at the process Ron followed with Dwayne and derive very much logic from it.  That's the problem for me.  There's no good coach/GM that would tank an asset's value like this.  Doesn't help the player, doesn't help the team. 

Aaaaaaaaaand despite the fact we're supposed to be competing...Ron just put together one of, if not THE worst offensive performance I've ever witnessed from this team.  So I'm really gonna have to question how he thought this gives us the best chance to win.  Or question why winning now even matters with such a crappy roster.  

I heard the announcer mentioned Ron thinking we can go 4-2 over the next 6 when he made the change.  With THIS offense.  

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cause those people need to see the light.  We're just doing good work here.

This! There has been a small elite group of truth tellers who called "Simba" from day one as a bust - a few called the entitled, lazy, bad attitude early on too. I find it comical that people are such hardened defenders of "simba" when it was abundantly clear that he did not even want to be drafted here (I cant fully blame him on that, btw).  Some posters got really invested and even attacked other posters here over the issue - personally, andwith baseless accusations; it was honestly embarrassing.  It was also hard to watch the desperation and subsequent denial set in while he performed at historically poor level and became more and more comically bad off the field.  I just do not understand how some of you cant see it -- multiple regimes want nothing to do with this guy. get enlightened darn it!!!!  At some point in the very near future everyone should have the choice between being a WFT fan or traveling out wherever "Simba" lands, prob 2022 XFL.

With everything that's gone on with this franchise since Ron took over, from Trent to Dunbar to the name to harassment bombshell to the fact the team was in complete disarray last year and there was absolutely no offseason nor scouting nor ability to gel, for anyone to come out now and **** on Ron because we're not 5-0 and winning every game 50-0 is ****ing shameful.

Some of you "fans" are acting just like our beloved owner. You expect the world and want it now. You act like you're entitled because it's that easy to turn a franchise around let alone do it in a month and a half. You act like QBs grow on trees and we're the only franchise to have problems finding a franchise one. Your attitude is about as embarrassing as the product on the field right now.

Either be patient and accept this as a learning year for evaluation or piss off and jump on a bandwagon somewhere else. 

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We did the same loser-ass gossipy slandering bull**** with RGIII too.  Did it with McNabb.  Did it with Trent.  Did it with Cooley.  That is the WFT way.  **** things up with a player, then start slandering them in the media to push blame entirely onto them as we shove them out the door.  And it always works on this simp fanbase.  To demonstrate how fan perceptions get warped about players by using your example: the team doctor is the one who sent Haskins home reportedly, and that he would have suited up if he wasn't going to be inactive.  But no, I'm going to believe instead that he's a lazy diva who quit on his team to pout because that is the narrative I've accepted about him, driven by rumors that have come out in order to blame him after the team ****ed things up with him.

You're part of it too, man. But hey, if people are "simps" because they think your initial scouting report on Haskins wasn't correct and your continued support is wrong... And you disagree with them, that's cool too.

I won't be calling anyone any names for their opinions. Just watching from over here wondering how disagreeing on a prospect makes anyone a "simp"... I thought that was a thing that guys did to gas up their woman but makes them look like a chump. 

My age is showing I think. 

1 minute ago, megared said:

I can't look at the process Ron followed with Dwayne and derive very much logic from it.  That's the problem for me.  There's no good coach/GM that would tank an asset's value like this.  Doesn't help the player, doesn't help the team. 

I can't look at posts like this with out reading "Poor victim Haskins who did nothing to bring this on himself." And this is coming from someone who was very excited about Haskins. His play and turned me off, and his attitude. And not just since he's been benched. There is far too long a list of stories about his lack of interest in putting in the work to get better. Any Haskins backer wants to address that, great. Otherwise you're ignoring the giant elephant in the room.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Did RG3 not bring any of that **** on himself?  Wasn't he the one that left some dumb little saying in his locker after he moved out?  Didn't McNabb suck while he was here and continued to suck when he went to the Vikings?  Even if Haskins was sent home by the team doctor today, it still doesn't excuse that, yes, he's kind of a diva.  

Who are you defending next, Haynesworth?

32 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is the **** that kills me.  Why do people keep buying this?  The staff mishandles a player and the relationship breaks down and then anonymous sources start smearing the player with some sort of character assassination: he's lazy, he's a diva, he's too stupid to pick up the basics of the system, etc. and fans always buy it every time.  Even if the guy is one of the most popular and respected players on the team.  Even if he had a 10 year successful career when he played for a team and staff and culture that were actually good.

All we hear about is Haskins grinding and about how hungry he is to be great, and how his Ohio State coaches loved him.  But now he's a lazy, uncoachable diva the moment he starts playing for this gutter dwelling franchise?  It's horse****.  I am amazed that so many fans are so uncritical and unreflective about this team's perpetual failures.  The players change constantly and the failure is constant and yet the reason we always fail is because the players weren't good enough?

is it actually anonymous sources, cause the stuff I'm seeing smearing him is about stuff like unfollowing people on twitter which can be confirmed by each person's eyeballs and stuff that's being denied by the team's official sources.  You assume people accepting certain narrative is they're uncritically accepting the team narrative, but there's never a consensus on here,  So isn't it just as easily be people choosing to believe what supports the narrative they came up with themselves

3 minutes ago, megared said:

Aaaaaaaaaand despite the fact we're supposed to be competing...Ron just put together one of, if not THE worst offensive performance I've ever witnessed from this team.  So I'm really gonna have to question how he thought this gives us the best chance to win.  Or question why winning now even matters with such a crappy roster.  

I heard the announcer mentioned Ron thinking we can go 4-2 over the next 6 when he made the change.  With THIS offense.  

This is my problem. It’s like something out of a bad comic book and people are actually standing behind this buffoonery. He needs to be held accountable. Let’s see if we bounce back vs NYG but I’m not holding my breath.

Archived