Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, carex said:

I believe the slander is the insinuation that he faked sick because he was bitter about being benched, which a lot of people were saying loudly or that maybe he had COVID, which was also kind of loud, while the official team statement was he'd been sick for a few days, and didn't have COVID was said kind of quiet

Or insiniating that he is lazy.  Doesn't come to work early and doesn't stay late.  Cares more about social media than work. Had to have the offense dumbed down, so they had to settle for quick throws.

Etc.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, there are two types...there are the guys like Grant and Danny who are here to mostly provide infotainment...and there's a straight up guy like Keim who's on the beat and doesn't editorialize.  Keim doesn't give his opinion (unless he's doing a fan mail response blog type format), he gives you what he's heard.  Grant will give you what he's heard AND his opinion, there's a difference.  

Granted I like Keim. I think he's the most honest of em. But, and I don't have a problem with things like HH or Burgundy Blog, but a lot of people like them post first and research second. It's easy to get around libel or anything like that with the way they word it. But it only takes one of them to say something they heard someone say for that to suddenly become a mountain. I remember before the WaPo story broke and the assumptions on twitter about everything from Drug Smuggling to Epstein to you name it. Our beat junkies have about as much accountability as the players on the team.

8 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

This is the perfect example of dangerous reporting that could spin out of control. The article sites "several sources" and "rival executives", never names just spitballing without any shred of proof. That's fine but this is going to fast become Washington trying to force a trade or DH demanding to be released etc. 

Watch.

4 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

You know..., in 2 years we'll have the 10th anniversary of 2012.  Admit it, you felt even better seeing that run than you felt for that fleeting moment when you thought Gus Frerotte might develop.

My highs since 1991

The Gus Bus

Trent Green

Brad Johnson. 

Those 3 are closely related because when the Gus Bus crashed into the wall, Trent Green was close behind and then when we couldn't sign him, we got Brad so it wasn't too bad. But I can remember being mad at Brad's age. 

Then getting Marty had me hype because i thought our defense would finally turn around. 

None of the Gibbs 2 teams had me excited because it was all late runs and old teams with few stars who I thought were developing in 2007 we lost 21 and JC and i didn't think we could build around Collins. Then Gibbs left. 

So I wasn't excited again until 2012.

So if i had to compare my feelings, i think my doubts of Norv were pretty much cemented. Same for Shanny but RG3 was such a character and a weapon that i thought he could overcome Shanny. I didn't feel that way about Cousins in 2015.

But i find myself wondering what if with Trent Green more than RG3. 

31 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm just a less excited fan. It reminds me of the McNabb controversy so much because he was a borderline HOF qb but comes here and has a bad season and all of a sudden we're hearing leaks about his work ethic, him being dumb, him not being wanted, etc. At lest RG3 got us 2012.

And then McNabb killed it in Minny and proved WFT wrong again.  

The Minnesota Vikings have benched former Redskins’ quarterback Donovan McNabb six games into the season, according to NFL.com’s Jason La Canfora.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/donovan-mcnabb-benched-in-favor-of-christian-ponder/2011/10/18/gIQAZawwuL_blog.html

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And then McNabb killed it in Minny and proved WFT wrong again.  

The Minnesota Vikings have benched former Redskins’ quarterback Donovan McNabb six games into the season, according to NFL.com’s Jason La Canfora.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/donovan-mcnabb-benched-in-favor-of-christian-ponder/2011/10/18/gIQAZawwuL_blog.html

How Minny handles the situation has nothing to do with how we handled it. 

If i divorce my wife and she never remarried, it doesn't make me right in divorcing her. 

We had the same leaks with McNabb that were having now. And that's why it's sickening. If Haskins is a bad QB, then just bench him and let it go. But this team has to make an example of every person who gets benched to have a character assassination alongside it. 

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Didn't the "football people" (i.e. Gruden and co.) want to draft Jones at 15 if they had to take a QB?

I'll be honest, I was actually impressed with some of the throws he made, especially on the sidelines to Slayton on the run. Their line rivals ours in terms of dumpster fires.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Slander, slander, slander.  My god.  

First of all, to call it slander indicates that what has been said is false.  I’m not sure what would lead one to believe that it’s false considering what we have seen and heard both on and off the field.  Nobody is saying he’s a bad kid, just that he hasn’t been putting in enough time and has rubbed some folks the wrong way with his actions.  

Secondly, what evidence do you have to suggest that this so-called “slander” is being leaked by any of the top brass or coaching staff in Ashburn?  How would it benefit them to make up false accusations about Dwayne’s work ethic?  Why would Rivera, who has no history of doing shady things to his players, make up reasons to defame Dwayne and subsequently depreciate an asset?

Lastly, the other term I take issue with is ‘Scapegoat’.  I did not glean from anything Ron has said that Dwayne was being targeted as the sole/primary reason for the losses.  I don’t think anyone who has been watching this team is of the belief that this team is awesome and it’s merely Dwayne holding them

back.  

Really gotta question the idea that he was THE limitation to winning,  limitation to team harmony,  limitation to the offense,  when they just put together one of the worst performances we've ever witnessed.   

These guys aren't good at their job,  and 90% of them gotta go anyways.   What does locker room harmony look like?   100 yard passing games?   Vague promises to compete against weak teams?   

I just walked to my backyard and covered more yards than the offense did in the 2nd half.   You REALLY think we're competitive?   

1 minute ago, megared said:

Really gotta question the idea that he was THE limitation to winning,  limitation to team harmony,  limitation to the offense,  when they just put together one of the worst performances we've ever witnessed.   

No one said he was THE problem. They said he was A problem. And there is scores of objective analysis to show he was A problem.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

But they didn't want to take a QB. They reported favorites were Sweat, Darnell Savage, or Jonathan Abrams

Which was dumb.  Their plan at QB was Case F'ing Keenum and Colt McCoy.  We saw how well that went with their 0-5 start. An extra 2nd round pick would not have been the difference.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We get it.  Daniel Jones stinks too.  Who cares?  Are we supposed to look to the Giants as the beacon of loyalty and development, because they keep trotting him out there?

He stinks now. But as the Giants stick with him and we see him grow, people will be saying why didn't we develop Haskind. 

Look at Campbell's early carerr numbers. Close to Eli but one was given time and consistency one wasn't. We set who developed. 

17 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Or insiniating that he is lazy.  Doesn't come to work early and doesn't stay late.  Cares more about social media than work. Had to have the offense dumbed down, so they had to settle for quick throws.

I don't think they're insinuating it. They called him out on it. And it's been an issue since he came into the league.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We get it.  Daniel Jones stinks too.  Who cares?  Are we supposed to look to the Giants as the beacon of loyalty and development, because they keep trotting him out there?

No, we're supposed to consider the fact that Haskins was the correct pick at the time, given the alternatives.  He's been better than Lock and arguably better than Jones.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

No one said he was THE problem. They said he was A problem. And there is scores of objective analysis to show he was A problem.

Listen to the press conference again. He said he can't coach 1 player when there are 52 other guys who want to win. He said fans don't see the faces of the rest of the team who want to win. He blamed Haskins. And that wasn't a leak, that was from the coach's mouth. 

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'll be honest, I was actually impressed with some of the throws he made, especially on the sidelines to Slayton on the run. Their line rivals ours in terms of dumpster fires.

His accuracy doesn't really mean much when he turns the ball over at the highest rate since Jameis Winston... and Kyle Allen.

2 minutes ago, megared said:

These guys aren't good at their job,  and 90% of them gotta go anyways.   What does locker room harmony look like?   100 yard passing games?   Vague promises to compete against weak teams?   

I just walked to my backyard and covered more yards than the offense did in the 2nd half.   You REALLY think we're competitive?   

Again, I’ve heard from nobody that he was the only reason they were playing losing football.  I’m under no illusion that Dwayne was the only thing wrong with this offense.  Benching him doesn’t mean that either so I’m not sure why you guys are making it more dramatic than it really is.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Which was dumb.  Their plan at QB was Case F'ing Keenum and Colt McCoy.  We saw how well that went with their 0-5 start. An extra 2nd round pick would not have been the difference.

Well, it was 2 2nds. And players available at those slots:

2019: Greedy Williams, Juan Thornhill, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf

2020: Pittman, Kmet, McKinney, Shenault...

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

@Skinsinparadise Didn't the "football people" (i.e. Gruden and co.) want to draft Jones at 15 if they had to take a QB?

If you buy the rumors, nope.  they didn't want to draft Jones at 15 either.  But supposedly they preferred Jones over Haskins if that's what you mean.   That part did come out.   Supposedly Jay would have preferred to go for a Qb in the 2nd round or later.  Not sure whom.  I would trust Jay and Kyle Smith's evaluation of the QB spot over Dan Snyder. 

Personally, I didn't like either Jones or Haskins.  It took me awhile to land that opinion on Haskins, I first liked him but then he fell out of favor with me when i divved deeper into watching him.   Watching all of Haskins games and much of Jones games both as to college and the NFL.  I've slightly preferred Haskins over Jones if I had to pick.  I don't know if I feel the same way now, I'd put the two as about a wash.   I personally don't think all the beat guys and national guys are just making things up about Haskins for kicks.  I do buy the intangible concerns.  Jones doesn't seem to have those intangible concerns.  I wouldn't bet on either QB being a franchise QB.  But will see.  I've been wrong about QBs.  It's a hard position to judge. I am of course just an amateur messing around with takes.  but I spent a lot of time on both Jones and Haskins so am sticking to my opinion on both until/if they convince me i am wrong.  

But bottom line, is I don't trust myself or anyone on this board to have any definitive take on a prospect and that goes double for the Qb position which scouts say is the hardest one by a mile to guess at.  So for that I trust the football people to figure that part of it out.   And I am not selective of when I'd trust Kyle or Rivera, either I trust them or I don't. 

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Listen to the press conference again. He said he can't coach 1 player when there are 52 other guys who want to win. He said fans don't see the faces of the rest of the team who want to win. He blamed Haskins. And that wasn't a leak, that was from the coach's mouth. 

Because he was asked specifically about Haskins. He also said there are others that aren't performing in another presser as well. However, there may not be ready options behind them. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You think it takes energy to throw your QB under the bus for losing with the whole team playing like ****?

You've obviously never throw someone under a bus. Takes a TON of energy. You'd be shocked!

Archived