Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm curious if the Haskins fans are also the ones that still rock RG3 jerseys and think he was treated unfairly.

Not sure, but many who back him seem to be responsible for mentoring and development in their respective fields and it pains them to see a clearly talented individual being mishandled and his gifts squandered 

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If he is unwilling to put in the work--and we have YEARS (plural) of reports from all layers of evaluation saying so--why should we waste more time? It takes effort on the player's part. If he is not putting in that time, he is not going to get better--the coaches can't do it for him.

This is the **** that kills me.  Why do people keep buying this?  The staff mishandles a player and the relationship breaks down and then anonymous sources start smearing the player with some sort of character assassination: he's lazy, he's a diva, he's too stupid to pick up the basics of the system, etc. and fans always buy it every time.  Even if the guy is one of the most popular and respected players on the team.  Even if he had a 10 year successful career when he played for a team and staff and culture that were actually good.

All we hear about is Haskins grinding and about how hungry he is to be great, and how his Ohio State coaches loved him.  But now he's a lazy, uncoachable diva the moment he starts playing for this gutter dwelling franchise?  It's horse****.  I am amazed that so many fans are so uncritical and unreflective about this team's perpetual failures.  The players change constantly and the failure is constant and yet the reason we always fail is because the players weren't good enough?

Just now, skinbuck said:

Not sure, but many who back him seem to be responsible for mentoring and development in their respective fields and it pains them to see a clearly talented individual being mishandled and his gifts squandered 

I happen to deal with developing people as well. 

I don't believe Haskins is the guy here. I support him going elsewhere, to a situation that he is wanted and given support. As I've noted in this thread, I don't give up on people. But I do believe there are certain situations that are really difficult to overcome. The franchise AND Dwayne did things incorrectly here. Both need to move on... 

Just now, skinbuck said:

...who?

I will admit that he does have some tremendous gifts.  He also has some faults that hold him back, too.  In fact, I think he's his own worst enemy.  That's the problem here, it'll always be someone else's fault, not Dwayne Haskins' fault.  And there are people out there who'll agree with him.  

22 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Don't worry, those goalposts will move to fit the agenda.

I really don't know what people wanted from this year. Things we have: a good, not great, DL (who got pretty much manhandled by a good OL today), 2 maybe 3 decent to good CBs, 1 WR, and 1 RB. That's it.

Yet our coach believes we have a chance of winning the division and makes a public statement that one player out of 53 is holding us back from winning the division. You do see the problem here don’t you??

Just now, pico926 said:

Yet our coach believes we have a chance of winning the division and makes a public statement that one player out of 53 is holding us back from winning the division. You do see the problem here don’t you??

I have never been on board with winning this crap division. So, that doesn't bother me in the least.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is the **** that kills me.  Why do people keep buying this?  The staff mishandles a player and the relationship breaks down and then anonymous sources start smearing the player with some sort of character assassination: he's lazy, he's a diva, he's too stupid to pick up the basics of the system, etc. and fans always buy it every time.  Even if the guy is one of the most popular and respected players on the team.  Even if he had a 10 year successful career when he played for a team and staff and culture that were actually good.

All we hear about is Haskins grinding and about how hungry he is to be great, and how his Ohio State coaches loved him.  But now he's a lazy, uncoachable diva the moment he starts playing for this gutter dwelling franchise?  It's horse****.  I am amazed that so many fans are so uncritical and unreflective about this team's perpetual failures.  The players change constantly and the failure is constant and yet the reason we always fail is because the players weren't good enough?

^He's not wrong.. This is a fairly common outcome for this franchise

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why shouldn't we buy it?  Do you remember a certain QB we had who came from a military family and how driven and humble he was supposed to be?

Is Haskins NOT a diva?  Did he really just have a stomach bug coincidentally the week he was demoted to third string?  Didn't he just unfollow the team on twitter which is a diva move?

I'll admit the WFT isn't completely free from fault here but man, you'd really like to see Haskins rise above it but he's definitely shot himself in the foot, too.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

But also, yeah, this regime totally and immediately ****ed up with Haskins.  That does nothing to suggest they'll get it right with the next quarterbacks.  The regime has been pretty terrible since they were hired.  They've made a bad team worse and there is no discernible improvement in competitiveness or culture.  Still the same ****ing WFT politics being played too.

You really liked Haskins huh? 

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

image.thumb.png.2cc6d4b32d28d67dabbdaf79aa388d42.png

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I have never been on board with winning this crap division. So, that doesn't bother me in the least.

It should bother you because that’s what the head coach of our football team did. It doesn’t bother you that he threw one player under the bus publicly (right or wrong), claims that we have a chance of winning the division and is at the helm of one of the lowest offensive performances in club history. It’s unreal and embarrassing. he needs to stop talking at press conferences and maybe should take a back seat all together and let Jack take the helm. 

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cause those people need to see the light.  We're just doing good work here.

TBH, I think you guys are lying to yourselves to preserve your fanhood.  We have no power to fix this franchise's incompetence, so we constantly peg the team's failures on the players who are on their way out and convince ourselves that things have changed and will be different going forward.

It's a crappy and unrewarding way to follow this sport.  I'm tired of lying to myself about this franchise.  Done trying to convince myself that the braindead mistakes we're making aren't actually happening.  I'm reaching a point where I'd rather just be a general NFL fan and watch good football, whoever the team.  Enjoy the personalities and play of all of the great players in the game, see how they do what they do.  The NFL game is great and it's really easy to forget that if you only watch and follow this pathetic franchise.

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

It should bother you because that’s what the head coach of our football team did. It doesn’t bother you that he threw one player under the bus publicly (right or wrong), claims that we have a chance of winning the division and is at the helm of one of the lowest offensive performances in club history. It’s unreal and embarrassing. he needs to stop talking at press conferences and maybe should take a back seat all together and let Jack take the helm. 

Well, said coach has the credentials to back him up, so I am willing to give him more than the benefit of the doubt. Definitely more than a couple months worth.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think you guys are lying to yourselves to preserve your fanhood.

You're not lying to yourself to preserve your opinion on Haskins?

So, now it's "Poor Dwayne"??? He has shown little improvement in the basics over what amounts to a season's worth of play. So, it's everyone else's fault, is that right?

I don't need to guess that hard about his dedication level, because either it's low or he's currently as good as he ever could. Neither is something that would make me want to keep him around.

He needs a situation where he can grow over longer in an organization with an established QB and other vets who'll kick his butt to get better. This rebuilding mess of a franchise isn't that place.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

TBH, I think you guys are lying to yourselves to preserve your fanhood.  We have no power to fix this franchise's incompetence, so we constantly peg the team's failures on the players who are on their way out and convince ourselves that things have changed and will be different going forward.

It's a crappy and unrewarding way to follow this sport.  I'm tired of lying to myself about this franchise.  Done trying to convince myself that the braindead mistakes we're making aren't actually happening.  I'm reaching a point where I'd rather just be a general NFL fan and watch good football, whoever the team.  Enjoy the personalities and play of all of the great players in the game, see how they do what they do.  The NFL game is great and it's really easy to forget that if you only watch and follow this pathetic franchise.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my fanhood is about as enthusiastic as the handjob that Skylar gives Walter White while she's multitasking selling her stupud chatzkis online back in season 1.

Both things can be true.  The organization can put him in a bad spot AND he can also be not up to the task of being an NFL quarterback.  You're so incredibly take-locked that you can't even entertain that your eval could be wr-wr-wr-wrong.

Archived