Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Today's game proved why placing so much blame on Haskins last week was a weak loser move. How do you claim a player is holding the offense back and then have the worst offensive game in 50 years? This is exactly why I said Rivera should have been telling the TEAM to focus on their jobs instead of throwing Haskins under the bus. The last thing you give a bad football team is a scapegoat. We need all our players to look in the mirror.

Just now, skinbuck said:

The perception is that Ron seems to be sharing premature conclusions without the benefit of film reviewing, and then having to explain his flip-flopping merely days later.

so take some time, look at things carefully and give us one voice. So we can continue to trust in your judgement

That's a perception, not necessarily the reality.  If Ron thinks Kyle is still the best option to win because he knows the offense and if Kyle has been cleared, I don't see the big deal.

And even if he wanted to change a few days later, so what?  

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Haskins was drafted to be the leader and then was made captain.   Obviously Burrow has more years experience but quite simply he shouldn’t have been picked if we thought he was this raw. 

He definitely shouldn't have been drafted by this franchise.  That's true.  We would have ruined Mahomes and Watson.  We would ruin Lawrence.  Haskins never stood a chance.

Regardless of which stories are true, kicking a starting QB down to third string is almost always a prelude to trading or cutting them. You're literally saying that you don't want them in uniform on Sunday.

Barring a miracle change of opinion, Haskins will be traded before next season. The timing may depend on the offers they get and how much Rivera wants to evaluate Montez this season.

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

Dallas defense is so bad. Conference still up for grabs

I hope we are not thinking short term like this. We need to develop a QB and try to get them comfortable in this offense. Maybe its Haskins or Allen, but if not maybe we can at least trade them for something. I'd bet that after that Baltimore game with the statline (minus the drama) we could have had more trade partners before coach tried to embarrass him

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Dallas defense is so bad. Conference still up for grabs. Who is Rivera choosing for qb next week? Has he already said Smith?

During Rivera press conference he said it would be Allen if he was clear, with Alex being his backup. 

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Numbers don't always paint a full story.  Haskins missed some easy passes.  

No ****. Where did I say he didn't?  Where did I say he did good? I said it really doesn't matter what his numbers are because even if they were amazing he was not benched for performance as much as for disciplinary reasons.  

BTW: I said when he got benched and people were claiming he had excuses - I said he missed wide open passes to the flat. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

No ****. Where did I say he didn't?  Where did I say he did good? I said it really doesn't matter what his numbers are because even if they were amazing he was not benched for performance as much as for disciplinary reasons.  

BTW: I said when he got benched and people were claiming he had excuses - I said he missed wide open passes to the flat. 

No ****...I was agreeing with you...

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Odd. If he was sticking with Allen all along then why not let him come back in the game unless he was worried about concussion issues.

Rivera said it was an arm issue and he didn’t want Allen to get hurt worse than he already was. 

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Regardless of which stories are true, kicking a starting QB down to third string is almost always a prelude to trading or cutting them. You're literally saying that you don't want them in uniform on Sunday.

Barring a miracle change of opinion, Haskins will be traded before next season. The timing may depend on the offers they get and how much Rivera wants to evaluate Montez this season.

I just think of QBs like Goff and Bradford, Smith and other high guys who were benched early in their careers. Hopefully Haskins can recover from this

6 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Today's game proved why placing so much blame on Haskins last week was a weak loser move. How do you claim a player is holding the offense back and then have the worst offensive game in 50 years? This is exactly why I said Rivera should have been telling the TEAM to focus on their jobs instead of throwing Haskins under the bus. The last thing you give a bad football team is a scapegoat. We need all our players to look in the mirror.

Gotta admit, I did not like the "I see how frustrated the players get, fans don't see that" response that Rivera gave about Haskins' game performances. Having an offensive debacle like today just makes that comment ring hollow.

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Today’s performance for me does not validate Haskins.  We have a bad football team and today they lost to a vastly superior one.  The loss today doesn’t mean they made the wrong decision.  Did anybody honestly expect a win today?  Allen looked decent before he was hit.

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Right, but you just advocated for Kyle to start next week....and that's what Rivera said was going to happen.  

I'm confused.  You're just unhappy with how he delivered the message?

I didn’t say I was unhappy, did I? I said I don’t understand why he would share that right after the game. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Odd. If he was sticking with Allen all along then why not let him come back in the game unless he was worried about concussion issues.

I think it was pretty reasonable for him to sit Allen for the rest of the game after a shot like that, even if he cleared the concussion protocol.  

I'm no concussion expert but I can't imagine that he wouldn't be more susceptible to a concussion after taking a shot like that.  

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I just think of QBs like Goff and Bradford, Smith and other high guys who were benched early in their careers. Hopefully Haskins can recover from this

I don't have a photographic memory for this stuff, but I don't recall any of those guys going down to third string. That's a big demotion.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Gotta admit, I did not like the "I see how frustrated the players get, fans don't see that" response that Rivera gave about Haskins' game performances. Having an offensive debacle like today just makes that comment ring hollow.

I loathe when everyone says they’re frustrated. With who! Because they’re the ones playing poorly so who exactly are they frustrated with because I didn’t see an inspired team out there.

Same with the OL. I get they don’t have talent but you got a guy coming in that just fought his way back for two years and that’s how you elevate your play? By almost getting him killed again? It just shows that what we saw today was the absolute best effort we were gonna get from those guys. It’ll never be better than that.

1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

Today’s performance for me does not validate Haskins.  We have a bad football team and today they lost to a vastly superior one.  The loss today doesn’t mean they made the wrong decision.  Did anybody honestly expect a win today?  Allen looked decent before he was hit.

I think IrepDC's post was more about Rivera's words than his actions.

Archived