Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

As advertised, I'm not a Haskins guy. His immaturity has struck a nerve with me many times..

But if Rivera says Smith is starting next week, I'll be questioning Rivera as well. I don't believe he could possibly do that and think its a good idea.

My order of preference:

1. Healthy Kyle Allen (Looked okay. Had some meh moments but his legs made him more effective)

2. Bought-in Dwayne Haskins (If he and the team in totality can be on the same page, his quick release helps with this poor line. Team has to buy in)

3. Steven Montez

If Haskins can realize he handled things poorly and learned from it, and Rivera can see that his thought of Alex Smith turning the fortunes of the franchise around were... wrong... I'd be on board with seeing more of him. I was on board with giving him the season. If the reason for his benching was maturity based and he can come to a positive conclusion with Rivera, I'm fine with him getting back in. I don't think he will, so I think I'm wasting key strokes here... But like I said, I don't count anyone out on a human level...)

I don't think a single guy on this roster is the future as the QB. But even if Haskins isn't the guy, a positive ending to the season for him increases his value at the very least. Or he may shock me and a lot of us and develop. I'm hoping a lesson was learned.

I do think Allen earned more time, though.

But I know this. The team can't start Smith. There is NO reason for it. He's the ONLY guy that isn't an evaluation guy. And should they go ahead and start him, it throws out their entire reasoning for cutting Adrian Peterson. 

Starting Smith is the worst possible result for Rivera. 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

And Haskins played on a stacked OSU that gets more superior players than 98.99% of the country.   Plus a defense that shuts down basically every team in a overrated conference so the offense doesn’t have pressure to score all the time.  When has OSU QB every succeeded in the NFL? Exactly.

You realize you just helped him make his point, right?

1 minute ago, skinbuck said:

So we benched a 300 yard, 71%, 6+ ypa passer for 70 yards passing, 3.7 ypa, 60% completion rate and 8 sacks because the 300 yard passer wasn’t ‘showing growth’ and gave up on a Mission Impossible style contrived 4th down?

FOH..

...who was apparently bragging about his 300 yard stats after the loss.   Growth on the field isn't the only thing that counts.  Plus Haskins has been missing wide open guys his entire career so far.  

He showed who he is today, even if he had a case of the trots it's not like he couldn't walk off the bench and go take a dump.  Dude isn't any kind of a leader.  

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

And Haskins played on a stacked OSU that gets more superior players than 98.99% of the country.   Plus a defense that shuts down basically every team in a overrated conference so the offense doesn’t have pressure to score all the time.  When has OSU QB every succeeded in the NFL? Exactly.

So how did Haskin beat out Burrow for the starting ? He was on the same stacked team.

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Huh?

As a guy who generally has supported Rivera, I also don't know why he comments immediately after a game who his QB is. You'd think a guy with his experience would say, "I have an idea, but I have to look at film and consider every angle before I go throwing names out there. You media people are all over that kind of thing, and rightfully so, so I don't want to speak too quickly without really combing through everything".

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

You realize you just helped him make his point, right?

No I didn’t.  Burrow put his time and it paid off.  He absolutely balked out last year.  Haskins played on a stacked team made him look better because he was surrounded by insane talent.  He’s an average QB at best regardless of how young he is. OSU QBs will never do well at the next level. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

As a guy who generally has supported Rivera, I also don't know why he comments immediately after a game who his QB is. You'd think a guy with his experience would say, "I have an idea, but I have to look at film and consider every angle before I go throwing names out there. You media people are all over that kind of thing, and rightfully so, so I don't want to speak too quickly without really combing through everything".

Cause he doesn't give a ****.  And why should he?  

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

No I didn’t.  Burrow put his time and it paid off.  He absolutely balked out last year.  Haskins played on a stacked team made him look better because he was surrounded by insane talent.  He’s an average QB at best regardless of how young he is. OSU QBs will never do well at the next level. 

Do you remember what his point was? It was that Burrow should absolutely look much, much better from game 1 than Haskins...what you did was give a list of reasons why he should look better lol. I doubt he actually expected Burrows to be benched.

3 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

So how did Haskin beat out Burrow for the starting ? He was on the same stacked team.

That's awesome for him he impressed in the off-season.  Tell me though who won a national championship and heisman with absolutely record breaking numbers the entire season?   No one cares he won out the job.  

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Because he finally had a good stat line all because of his teammates.  He could have been benched on performances alone but they only made the move when he got a big head for no reason. 

That doesn't correlate.

It's a comparative study.  And the assessment of Haskins with this team is far more nuanced than "Haskins Sucks".   Please see this game as a partial reference).

All that said, we may have very well seen the last of Haskins as a WFT player.   His (unspoken but hinted) immaturity did him in.  Hopefully he learns and grows from it. 

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Not sure if you're trolling or not.  The point is, QBs with 5 years of college experience are expected to come in and look much more polished than a raw but talented QB is.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cause he doesn't give a ****.  And why should he?  

Because doing your due diligence is a part of being the head coach.

The comedy schtick helps with personal connections. But, he has more experience with this stuff than I do, so I digress.

Just now, Califan007 said:

Do you remember what his point was? It was that Burrow should absolutely look much, much better from game 1 than Haskins...what you did was give a list of reasons why he should look better lol. I doubt he actually expected Burrows to be benched.

No his point I guess Burrow should be bench since he unperformed Haskins against the same team basically saying Haskins shouldn’t be benched.   Haskins wasn’t performing and the moment he started bragging was the death nail.  We lost and weren’t even in the game and you are in locker room talking about your numbers which were because of others not your passes. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Because doing your due diligence is a part of being the head coach.

The comedy schtick helps with personal connections. But, he has more experience with this stuff than I do, so I digress.

Right, but you just advocated for Kyle to start next week....and that's what Rivera said was going to happen.  

I'm confused.  You're just unhappy with how he delivered the message?

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not sure if you're trolling or not.  The point is, QBs with 5 years of college experience are expected to come in and look much more polished than a raw but talented QB is.

Haskins was drafted to be the leader and then was made captain.   Obviously Burrow has more years experience but quite simply he shouldn’t have been picked if we thought he was this raw. 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Haskins was drafted to be the leader and then was made captain.   Obviously Burrow has more years experience but quite simply he shouldn’t have been picked if we thought he was this raw. 

Of course not. And Ron did not pick him - dan did. 

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Right, but you just advocated for Kyle to start next week....and that's what Rivera said was going to happen.  

I'm confused.  You're just unhappy with how he delivered the message?

The perception is that Ron seems to be sharing premature conclusions without the benefit of film review, and then having to explain his flip-flopping merely days later.

so take some time, look at things carefully and give us one voice. So we can continue to trust in your judgement

Archived