Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

We are taking his replacement with our first pick next year whether Haskins has had a fair shake or not.  We don't get to play Miami again so we will be 1-15 and with Cincy and Miami playing each other one of them is going to get a win too so we will almost certainly be in Tua/Herbert territory.  We are going to be hiring a new Head Coach and anybody worth hiring is going to want their own hand picked QB just like Kingsbury in Arizona and so Haskins will be this years Josh Rosen.

The stupid part in all of this is that the above was easy to predict months ago.  We had way too many issues and Gruden was out of excuses and bound to be fired.  Taking a QB this year was malpractice by the front office, especially one with clear issues and that the coaching staff had told them was not good enough.  With the Trent and Sherff situations we should have been looking OL all the way for our first pick and don't even get me started on the moronic, win now mentality of giving up future picks to get back into the first round for an edge rusher with red flags.  If I am whichever poor sap who gets his named called first by Washington in the next draft I would take a year out and re-enter in 2021. 

Just now, Llevron said:

wait hes a coach killer now too? hahahahahaha

Poor Gruden. Had it all going his way until Haskins ****ed it all up for him. 

Yeah man, some times these guys are too much.  They want to put the nail in the coffin real quick.

I recall the same things being said about Cousins when he doo-dooed the bed early on.  He was a trash pile that would never in his life start in the league.  Hell, I may have even said some of those things.  But I'm a dude who can change his opinion when met with information that proves me otherwise.

37 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He sucks. You have eyes. Quit being an apologist and be objective.

if the Redskins ruin quarterbacks then there should be many examples where they came into the NFL to the Redskins where they were horrid then went elsewhere to find great success. Yet there are none. 

The simple fact is that he sucks like a long line of players who sucked before him.

I have a lot of things, and I use all of them when making major decisions.  We didnt put him in a position to be successful, quite the opposite, when people talk about players having to be in the right organization to meet their potential this is exactly what they are talking about.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But I'm a dude who can change his opinion when met with information that proves me otherwise.

I try to hold myself to that standard. Its hard though to be honest. Im too much of a jerk and I hold grudges sometimes. 

As you know lol

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I have a lot of things, and I use all of them when making major decisions.  We didnt put him in a position to be successful, quite the opposite, when people talk about players having to be in the right organization to meet their potential this is exactly what they are talking about.

Ballers step up. Look at McLaurin. Losers and busts need excuses and coddling...

I don't understand the extreme ends of this conversation.

He's NOT a bust yet. Looks that way. But not there yet. He deserves the year as a human being.

He's not ruined because of the franchise. He's ruined because its a ****ty spot to develop a guy that started with a lame duck head coach in a poorly run organization when he was a GIGANTIC project. But, the fact that he doesn't look any different and his attitude is his own doing. We can blame the franchise, and Lord knows I have my fair share of that, but at some point we need to look at Haskins.

People saying we'd ruin any quarterback are way off base, in my opinion. Get a pro ready guy with some talent in here and he looks better than Haskins at the moment in his very first in game action. 

But, he IS a kid. And deserves at minimum close to a full season before we start labeling him with definitive labels. 

Yeah... This might be Snyder’s biggest mistake ever if it doesn’t work out. You can’t draft a rookie QB if your coach is on the hot seat at the end of the year.

Having said that, he needs to finish the year. Either we have a future QB or we wasted a pick. That question has to be answered by January.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't understand the extreme ends of this conversation.

I think Haskins needs to wake up and realise very quickly where he is in the world.

I totally agree that he has landed in NFL hell. 

But tough ****, his demeanor sucks, and he looks like he doesn't care and he sounds like he has a self anointed path to greatness. 

He needs to be humble, work hard and show that he was worth that first round guaranteed contract. 

Otherwise, he's gonna look like a bum who will bust.

Just now, CrypticVillain said:

Yeah... This might be Snyder’s biggest mistake ever if it doesn’t work out. You can’t draft a rookie QB if your coach is on the hot seat at the end of the year.

Having said that, he needs to finish the year. Either we have a future QB or we wasted a pick. That question has to be answered by January.

They are 100% going to give him next season and hire a coach thats supposed to make him better. 

Same **** they did with Griffin. We just wont have a back up to save us. 

12 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

This is entirely Marty Schottenheimer’s fault. In 2001 Dan gave Marty full control of the draft. Dan adamantly wanted to draft Santa Moss. Marty chose Rod Gardner instead. Turned out Dan was correct and on that decision was smarter than the football people. 

I guarantee you that Dan brings that up in his head every single time the football people tell him something he doesn’t want to hear. We ask why hasn’t he learned? Because he has an example of himself being correct over the football people and that was when he was in his 30s and starting out as an owner. He probably thinks surely after 20 years on the job his eye for talent is far superior now.

So next time Dan overrules the football people. You know exactly who to blame: Marty Schottenheimer... 

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

@ThomasRoane  Is it really too late to change mechanics?  Goes against everything I’ve ever seen/heard, but I have a lot of respect for your knowledge/experience.  

From my perspective, if I can learn footwork for martial arts or new soccer footwork into my forties, I’d have thought a youngster would be able to change.   

I'd never say that it's impossible to change throwing mechanics but it would take a lot of work on the side.  I'm talking every day he's throwing a few hundred balls.  If he's not committed to put in the work (which is suspect from what we see now) then he will look good in some drills but, like Tebow who so many coaches tried to fix, when the pressure is on he will revert to his style.  I've coached many kids who were ex pitchers and could never get them out of their baseball type windup!  I hated it when a parent brought in a kid and mentioned he should be a good qb because he was a great pitcher.  NO NO NO!!!  

Now, if he was football smart (as Gibbs would say) and had better footwork his arm issues could be overcome.  Think David Rivers who has a similar issue.  The positive is that he can throw from many angles.  But his feet really get him into a lot of trouble.  Rivers has the footwork and a weird throwing motion.  Haskins has sloppy footwork AND a weird throwing motion. Plus, we don't know if he can handle a complex NFL offense and the exotic defenses that he will face.   

Another issue is changing his mechanics will change his velocity for a while.  My youngest son wanted to be a QB so I made him use good mechanics from the time he was 6.  He couldn't throw as far or as hard as other players at first.  He focused on learning all the other important aspects such as reading defenses, ball handling (good fakes), leadership, etc.  Weil by the time he was 12 I couldn't catch with him without padded gloves!  Learning the right way allows you to have a better trajectory, puts less strain on the arm, and helps you with better spirals (better spirals cut thru the wind better allowing the ball to travel faster).  Unfortunately, he broke his back but he can still hum it.  DH loves his arm strength so I don't know if he's willing to take a step back to take two steps forward.  But that's what he needs to do if he can't fix his feet and master the offense.  

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I don't buy into your optimism. 

When I see Rattay or KOC sitting down next to Keenum going over film and I see Haskins 3 feet down the bench, facing the opposite direction, with his hand up on the bench like he's lounging, I don't see a guy who wants to improve.

Other times Keenum is on the bench with coach and Haskins is up and standing around. He should be right next to Keenum. Even if he doesn't think he needs that info, he should be there. It helps with public opinion... which makes people more tolerable.

He hasn't been doing the right things when he is on camera, and that's scary when it takes so little effort. Maybe it's different behind the scenes. But the results so far don't look like that's the case.

I don't agree with the starter/backup ****, either.

He should be preparing like he's the starter every week. He's gotten reps with the 1s with Keenum injured. At this point I think that's just the fanbase holding on to some semblance of hope. 

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think Haskins needs to wake up and realise very quickly where he is in the world.

I totally agree that he has landed in NFL hell. 

But tough ****, his demeanor sucks, and he looks like he doesn't care and he sounds like he has a self anointed path to greatness. 

He needs to be humble, work hard and show that he was worth that first round guaranteed contract. 

Otherwise, he's gonna look like a bum who will bust.

See what I said above.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is entirely Marty Schottenheimer’s fault. In 2001 Dan gave Marty full control of the draft. Dan adamantly wanted to draft Santa Moss. Marty chose Rod Gardner instead. Turned out Dan was correct and on that decision was smarter than the football people. 

I guarantee to you that Dan brings that up in his head every single time the football people tell him something he doesn’t want to hear. We ask why hasn’t he learned? Because he has an example of himself being correct over the football people and that was when he was in his 30s and starting out as an owner. He probably thinks surely after 20 years on the job his eye for talent is far superior now.

So next time Dan overrules the football people. You know exactly who to blame: Marty Schottenheimer... 

When you pass one exam then fail the next 19 in a row, you have no one to blame but yourself.  No one gets every draft pick right, only someone who thinks they are always right would think otherwise or base their entire philosophy off of being right when someone else was wrong on one f'n draft pick.

I am not a coach but I saw Dwayne Haskins wired in with his headset on during the game and it occurs to me, if they are trying to get him comfortable with a game plan, and run some plays he feels comfortable with, it would be highly doubtful, if I were him, that I would want to sit and iisten to the OC going over other plays with Keenum.  It seems a little counterintuitive.  Confusing even.

When he was in the game, Colt was right next to him, talking to him when he came off the field.  He was definitely receptive.  Not sure what other fans were seeing but I saw it a few times.

Again I am not a coach, I am just a fan,  but Haskins mechanics are off.  Everyone is saying that.  I see other drop back QB's in the league set their feet before they throw and he seemed sort of sloppy in that department. But maybe he was rushed. I think our O line sucks.  And the ball he threw to TM,  had an upward trajectory to it - so it was a high throw.  He has had quite a few like that.  But he has a helluva of an arm, and he is mobile enough. I mean move him out of the pocket.  Our O line struggles against any quality D line.   There is a bit of sloppiness to his play that I can't quite describe and I am sure I am missing a lot.  Yeah, there is a sloppiness to some of his play.  

BUT I think it is correctable.  The problem is can he get the development here within this organization.?

He has to play for the rest of the year before we delineate him as a bust because it is unfair.  **** look at Daniel Jones.  He has some flashes, and then some strong level of mediocrity, to downright suck,  but I still think he gets, like any rookie should all of this year and next year.  

1 minute ago, skinsmania123 said:

I am not a coach but I saw Dwayne Haskins wired in with his headset on during the game and it occurs to me, if they are trying to get him comfortable with a game plan, and run some plays he feels comfortable with, it would be highly doubtful, if I were him, that I would want to sit and iisten to the OC going over other plays with Keenum.  It seems a little counterintuitive.  Confusing even.

They aren't speaking on play to play specifics only. They are talking about coverages, reads, what the opposing D is doing. Your backup should be in there. They are a play away from being in and should be up to speed.

People... stop with the excuses. Haskins has screwed himself just as much as the organization has screwed Haskins. It's a two way street. And both ways have gaping holes in the asphalt that we're all falling into to defend our own positions.

The situation is on the FO. And shouldn't be forgotten or forgiven.

But now it starts with Haskins, though. Show some interest if you want to improve.

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fair. The only thing Haskins can control is himself, and a fan civil war wont change that.  

There is not going to be a fan civil war. He sucks way too much for that. He would have to be a check down machine padding stats in garbage time with a false glimmer of hope to get it to civil war level. At this point, he’s so horrible that many like me are sold he’s an absolute bust. Another few games and most will be on the same page. He’s no Jason Campbell. He’s not even Colt Brennan. His putrid play is too horrid to be defended by anyone.

Former NFL defensive back DeAngelo Hall told 106.7 The Fan he wants the Washington Redskins to soon start rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins.

"And for me, I want the kid out there," Hall said on Grant & Danny Friday, indicating Haskins should start after the Skins bye week.

"At this point, you gotta put him out there and say, 'He's our guy,'" Hall said of Haskins. "Put all your chips in that basket. Prepare him. I mean we threw the ball 12 times (against) the 49ers, I feel like Dwayne Haskins can learn 12-15 plays, right guys?" 

Hall believes Haskins' struggles in limited action this year are due to him not having a full week to prepare as both his appearances came off the bench after Case Keenum, who took the reps in practice, left the game due to injury. Hall said Haskins hasn't looked "prepared because he hasn't been given an opportunity to prepare."

"For me to expect anything other than what we saw, you know, doesn't surprise me," Hall told Grant & Danny. "And even the bad things we saw weren't really that bad."

But Hall is concerned the rookie has struggled to look prepared this deep into his time with the Redskins and added: "none of this makes sense to me." Hall mentioned the Redskins' ability in 2018 to get Josh Johnson signed and ready to start right away as evidence it can be done.

https://thefandc.radio.com/deangelo-hall-dwayne-haskins-redskins-offense

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

There is not going to be a fan civil war. He sucks way too much for that. He would have to be a check down machine padding stats in garbage time with a false glimmer of hope to get it to civil war level. At this point, he’s so horrible that many like me are sold he’s an absolute bust. Another few games and most will be on the same page. He’s no Jason Campbell. He’s not even Colt Brennan. His putrid play is too horrid to be defended by anyone.

Point to where Dwayne hurt you. Its ok...you're safe here.

voodoo.jpg

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

We are going to be hiring a new Head Coach and anybody worth hiring is going to want their own hand picked QB just like Kingsbury in Arizona and so Haskins will be this years Josh Rosen.

This is why Bruce is letting it be known Callahan could be the HC next year. He would be fine with whatever plan Bruce prefers.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Former NFL defensive back DeAngelo Hall told 106.7 The Fan he wants the Washington Redskins to soon start rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins.

"Put all your chips in that basket. Prepare him. I mean we threw the ball 12 times (against) the 49ers, I feel like Dwayne Haskins can learn 12-15 plays, right guys?" 

Hall believes Haskins' struggles in limited action this year are due to him not having a full week to prepare as both his appearances came off the bench after Case Keenum, who took the reps in practice, left the game due to injury. Hall said Haskins hasn't looked "prepared because he hasn't been given an opportunity to prepare."

"For me to expect anything other than what we saw, you know, doesn't surprise me," Hall told Grant & Danny. "And even the bad things we saw weren't really that bad."

https://thefandc.radio.com/deangelo-hall-dwayne-haskins-redskins-offense

Wow.

Hall didn't do him any favors.

"I feel like Dwayne can learn 12-15 plays... right? Guys? Am I right?"

Not having a full week to prepare because he came off the bench? The Steelers have a dude named Duck starting right now who is looking more pro-ready. Prepare like a starter every week. He's been getting 1st team reps due to Keenum's injuries.

And the bads we saw were pretty bad.

If Hall wants to help him, he may not want to add stuff like that to an already tense situation.

Archived