Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

37 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The first time he’s struggled, he’s definitely experiencing some growing pains on, and off, the field. He’s in an overwhelming situation & surrounded by dysfunction, there are few things about this franchise that aren’t annoying ... even the way we mix out Gatorade is annoying. 🤨

To pile on to that point.  He was brought into an odd situation from day one for multiple reasons.  I gather developing as a rookie is stressful enough.  But the crap you got to deal with via how this team rolls make it all feel double hard. 

I wonder if the reason that Callahan is seemingly in no rush to play Haskins is that the FO and ownership has told him in no unclear terms that Haskins is the guy and we're not going to be drafting another QB in 2020 no matter what. If that's the case then they don't have any real need to "evaluate" him in-game at the moment if they really don't think he's ready yet. 

This isn’t even about Haskins anymore. This is now just a bunch of armchair QBs huffing and puffing claiming they know football and scouting more than those in the NFL. Meanwhile on Monday morning you go to your boring job and wait for Friday. At the end of the day all you have is a delusion that you’re more connected to football than anyone else.

Congrats! You win... nothing!

49 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wonder if the reason that Callahan is seemingly in no rush to play Haskins is that the FO and ownership has told him in no unclear terms that Haskins is the guy and we're not going to be drafting another QB in 2020 no matter what. If that's the case then they don't have any real need to "evaluate" him in-game at the moment if they really don't think he's ready yet. 

You very could be right at least in terms of their thinking. But to me its huge waste of the opportunity to get him live snaps. Let him learn with real NFL competition. One of the positive things for him last year was he got better as the season went along. Let's see if he can do that with NFL talent in front of him. 

I was one that was Ok with him sitting when the season started. And if Case was playing well and the team was in the hunt for something other than the worst record, then fine. No rush, let him sit as long as the entire season. But with the season gone, the coach gone with a new regime coming in - at least in theory - let the kid play! Also, I am not one of those worried about his health. He is going to play behind a weak Oline for at least next year also, so he better learn to stay healthy. It's all part of the process.

He is either going to make or not. Find out now. Unfortunately, my guess is that others are correct that the FO has already decided and he is the QB for the foreseeable future regardless of how he plays. 

I don’t understand what people don’t understand. Outside of one person who seems to be trolling, who is calling him a bust? It’s pure insanity to say something like that, and just ignore anyone who does.

what I think most of us are saying, it hasn’t been good so far. At all. All I personally am looking for is that one play to hang my Hope on. The play that validates the potential. Something that makes you think, “if we can just work out this thing and that thing, this play could be common for him”. We haven’t seen anything like that yet. Sure, he’s played like 30 snaps or whatever, but even some of the biggest busts have shown those moments early on. 

all of that could change quickly. Really all it takes is 1 play, and then the tune around here changes. 1 play. 

3 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

I don’t understand what people don’t understand. Outside of one person who seems to be trolling, who is calling him a bust? It’s pure insanity to say something like that, and just ignore anyone who does.

Hes got like 6 accounts though lol

also y’all watching Jones and his lateral passes?? Lol and y’all think Haskins is the only one struggling 

NFL Network reporting Adrian Peterson had a talk with Haskins and told him he needs to study the playbook.  Peterson on twitter says he supports 

Haskins but did not deny had talked with him recently.  So this is not about Haskins throwing motion or his mechanics and if true it could mean

he believes his own press clippings from college.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

also y’all watching Jones and his lateral passes?? Lol and y’all think Haskins is the only one struggling 

yeah, who is this guy? Lol

and yep, d Jones becoming who we thought he was. He was garbage at Duke, except for when he played my heels. Always tore us up. But I was in total shock when he even entered the draft. Thought there was no chance he’d be drafted. Not based on anything I saw. 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don’t think anyone is saying that Haskins is the only one struggling.  While there are stupid people here, I don’t think any of us bought into the Danny Dimes hype.

I am watching Daniel Jones against the Lions.  And this is coming from one of his toughest critics, to me he looks like a borderline pro bowler in this one at least thus far.  3 TDs.  Insane completion rate.

The previous few games he wasn't that hot.  He was good against Tampa.  He was so so against us.  The ups and downs of playing QB as a rookie.  It's OK.  IMO Jones will benefit from playing. 

Haskins should benefit from it, too.  I get the whole protect him until he's ready narrative.  But to me that's out the window now.   I don't want Haskins to go into the off season just digesting those 2 mop up duty games. 

47 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This isn’t even about Haskins anymore. This is now just a bunch of armchair QBs huffing and puffing claiming they know football and scouting more than those in the NFL. Meanwhile on Monday morning you go to your boring job and wait for Friday. At the end of the day all you have is a delusion that you’re more connected to football than anyone else.

Congrats! You win... nothing!

Are describing the idiots that drafted him? Sounds like Bruce and Danny boy.

There is something wrong with the kid....you would have to blind not see it.

38 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

NFL Network reporting Adrian Peterson had a talk with Haskins and told him he needs to study the playbook.  Peterson on twitter says he supports 

Haskins but did not deny had talked with him recently.  So this is not about Haskins throwing motion or his mechanics and if true it could mean

he believes his own press clippings from college.

So we might have a less athletic version of RG3 on our hands? A guy who believes his own hype and doesn't put in enough effort to be great?

What could go wrong?

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am watching Daniel Jones against the Lions.  And this is coming from one of his toughest critics, to me he looks like a borderline pro bowler in this one at least thus far.  3 TDs.  Insane completion rate.

The previous few games he wasn't that hot.  He was good against Tampa.  He was so so against us.  The ups and downs of playing QB as a rookie.  It's OK.  IMO Jones will benefit from playing. 

Haskins should benefit from it, too.  I get the whole protect him until he's ready narrative.  But to me that's out the window now.   I don't want Haskins to go into the off season just digesting those 2 mop up duty games. 

Murray, Jones, Minshew, Steelers' 2nd and 3rd stringers, all showing flashes and winning games. Would like to see something, anything, positive with Haskins this season.

4 hours ago, benskins26 said:

call me crazy, but I read this as a shot at Peterson. 

you can’t make this **** up. This franchise man. 

I read it as a co-signing.

53 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

what I think most of us are saying, it hasn’t been good so far. At all. All I personally am looking for is that one play to hang my Hope on. The play that validates the potential. Something that makes you think, “if we can just work out this thing and that thing, this play could be common for him”. We haven’t seen anything like that yet. Sure, he’s played like 30 snaps or whatever, but even some of the biggest busts have shown those moments early on. 

all of that could change quickly. Really all it takes is 1 play, and then the tune around here changes. 1 play. 

The guy has been pummeled by 10+ on this forum if you check the various threads he’s been discussed in since he entered the game v Minny. 

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Objectivity is my biggest turn on, say so on my ES dating profile. Hopefully your wife doesn’t mind a bit of competition.

35C5145A-ACE7-4757-9DEB-8EC8A8676250.gif

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think anyone is saying that Haskins is the only one struggling.  While there are stupid people here, I don’t think any of us bought into the Danny Dimes hype.

Just go back to posts after the Giants game. Lots of cats saying how much better the Jones pick was. 

No one credible, mind you. But they were here. “I watch file and I knew he was better” “I knew he was pro ready” “we should have picked Jones” 

To the point I had to remind folks he wasn’t on the bored when we picked. 

People overreact to small sample sizes. The same is true for Haskins. 

Haskins total package at the moment leaves something to be desired, but calling him a bust is so far out of left field I’m not even sure where to begin the conversation :ols:

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

People overreact to small sample sizes. The same is true for Haskins. 

Haskins total package at the moment leaves something to be desired, but calling him a bust is so far out of left field I’m not even sure where to begin the conversation :ols:

he's not a bust.   he's not a bust when you look at his college body of work, as I did, and considered him nothing more than a 5th round talent.  we'll see if he proves me wrong in a year or two or three.    Spoiler alert:  he won't. 

Just now, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

he's not a bust.   he's not a bust when you look at his college body of work, as I did, and considered him nothing more than a 5th round talent.  we'll see if he proves me wrong in a year or two or three.    Spoiler alert:  he won't. 

You say the same thing in every post. I actually agree with you that he likely won’t. But the whole soothsayer/Nostradamus routine is off putting. None of us know if he can develop. The franchise screwed up with a first rounder used on him. Moving forward it’s a sunk cost so I’m pretending he’s a 4th round project.

7 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

8FB6423E-A0CB-461C-8090-738B6719F032.gif

37 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

You might be the smartest person on the planet. 

does that make you feel better?

1 hour ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Are describing the idiots that drafted him? Sounds like Bruce and Danny boy.

There is something wrong with the kid....you would have to blind not see it.

He’s a 22 year old kid who just got drafted and wants to play and he’s not getting an opportunity despite the team being 1-6 and the QB play being abysmal. He’s had a couple of poor showings coming into games cold and wants to change the narrative but isn’t getting a chance so he has to sit there and take constant criticism from attention-starved reporters and message board posters who never played a second of organized sports in their lives. Then he has to hear stories about him like he’s a bad teammate and doesn’t want to learn and that no one on the team wanted him except the owner. I’d be insanely frustrated as well.  

it’s funny how people went to bat for Kirk Cousins despite years of poor showings yet DH has a couple of bad halves and he’s immediately dismissed. Maybe there is more of a racist undertones here than I may have first thought.

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You say the same thing in every post. I actually agree with you that he likely won’t. But the whole soothsayer/Nostradamus routine is off putting. None of us know if he can develop. The franchise screwed up with a first rounder used on him. Moving forward it’s a sunk cost so I’m pretending he’s a 4th round project.

He watches film though so he knows 

People bring up the fact that the 4th stringer for Pitt looked better than Haskins, but neglect to mention that the 4th stringer for the Steelers also looked better than Keenum has since week 2. Maybe Keenum wouldn’t have been able to beat out Devlin Hodges at Samford a year ago... or, Washington has issues that are far too substantial to even begin to evaluate what our QBs are showing.

It’s too early to say he’s a bust, but what we’ve seen from him to this point decidedly bad.  At the very least, we can say that we’ve seen evidence the coaches were right in their thinking that he should sit for a year.  Mechanics and accuracy are bad.  I’m not sure where he is with reading defenses and setting up his blocking, but it doesn’t look good.  Results have been horrible.

Young QBs aren’t expected to play great, but they have to play well enough to allow the coaches to play them and not risk a locker room implosion or their own jobs by doing so.  Show something positive.  4 interceptions on 22 passing attempts makes it difficult for the coaches to play him.  

Archived