Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

The emotions in this thread are compounded from the current state of the franchise. 

if we were the dolphins, at least you’d feel some hope. We are stuck with a ****ty owner, ****ty gm. A bunch of injury prone players, a terrible DC, a terrible secondary, our best player at home, etc. we are years away. All we want is hope. A young qb showing flashes=hope. Optimism. Something to believe in. Haskins is far from showing that. He’s just another reason for despair. 

4 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

The unspoken issue here is why would Callahan play him? He’s coaching for the long term job. He’s the definition of week to week. He needs to show results. He doesn’t care about next year or 5 years from now. 

Who was he going to put in?  You have Keenum in a concussion protocol.  And Colt was inactive.  He is the backup.  

6 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Who was he going to put in?  You have Keenum in a concussion protocol.  And Colt was inactive.  He is the backup.  

no, I know. I’m talking about the rest of the way. Unless he’s given an ultimatum from above, he’s not hitching his wagon to Haskins. I wouldn’t either. He’s saying what we are in diplomatic terms. He knows Haskins sucks. He doesn’t want his resume attached to him.

on a side note, why isn’t haskins standing next to KOC when Case is in? Or looking at charts or talking with Case when on sideline, etc? Every time I see him, he’s just standing there by himself. That’s not normal 

I can only hope (as much a I hate injuries and hope Keenum is okay) that Haskins starts the rest of the year. At least then Dan/Bruce cannot hide their obvious mistake in picking this kid. He will never be a starting caliber QB in this league. I hope he and Alex have a great Thanksgiving dinner over at Dan's house. The avatar holds true. ****ing Douchebag.

5 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jonathan Allen. Daron Payne. McLaurin. Maybe Guice. Holcolm and Moreland showing potential. Hard to judge the drafts when Scot and Shanny were here.

Ok, man.  The defensive line cannot stop the run.  At all.  They stink.  McLaurin is the lone bright spot and I’m 100% sure they lucked into drafting him only because he played with Haskins in college.  What about Montez Sweat?  That move up to get him cost the Redskins their 2nd round pick in this upcoming draft.  Considering the simple fact that the Redskins are 1-7 and most likely finish the season 1-15 or 2-14 is absolutely HORRIBLE.

21 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Play Haskins so those who need to see it can see the guy is a bust. Calling motion on a running play after 10 months that it isnt there....gzzz....sounds like he needs to spend more time studying.

I noticed that too. It’s like, the most basic elements of the position.

22 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Play Haskins so those who need to see it can see the guy is a bust. Calling motion on a running play after 10 months that it isnt there....gzzz....sounds like he needs to spend more time studying.

Maybe, just maybe he needs more time on the field. Hands on approach. Some people learn faster that way. I can show you how to do things or I can have you do things. What will allow you to learn faster? hmmmm

Way, way, way, WAAAAAAAY too early to make pronouncements if he's a bust or not.  Some of you need to calm the **** down.

That said, the early results are certainly not promising.  He hasn't flashed anything at all.  Pause for concern is warranted due to an extremely small sample size.  RG3 at his worst, trying to be a pocket passer, didn't look as bad.  I'm not a believer in the "1st team reps during the week make a big difference, Cooley said so," excuse.  1st team reps don't make you miss that bad on that interception.  That's just flat out inaccuracy.  

Gotta keep playing him.  Gotta keep running him out there to see if he can improve, if he can flash and give some reason for hope.  Need to know if there's anything there.  

Agreed that none of us can proclaim him to be a bust at this point.

But he's currently at the point like the Chappelle stand-up skit...

“The girl says "Oh uh-uh, wait a minute! Wait a minute! Just because I'm dressed this way does not make me a whore!" Which is true, Gentlemen, that is true. Just because they dress a certain way doesn't mean they are a certain way. Don't even forget it. But ladies, you must understand that is ****ing confusing. It just is. Now that would be like me, Dave Chappelle, the comedian, walking down the street in a cop uniform. Somebody might run up on me saying, "Oh, thank God. Officer, help us! Come on. They're over here. Help us!" "Oh-hoh! Just because I'm dressed this way does not make me a police officer!" See what I mean? All right, ladies, fine. You are not a whore. But you are wearing a whore's uniform.”

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yall remember the days when Kirk Cousins needed 3 whole offseasons as a starter before we could make a decision on him? 

My my how times have changed lol

Nope, they only needed one full season as a starter and they screwed that up by not signing him.

But I do remember the days of "Campbell needs one more year with the same offense" folks, and the "RG3 was ruined by the Shanahans!" people.  I sense a similar narrative going forward about Haskins.

Haskins has not looked good at all. Not even flashes. That throw to McLaurin couldn't have been any easier.

I don't know if he's a bust but the only way to find out is to play him the rest of the year. 

One thing I do not like is his body language on the sidelines. Looks disinterested. Combine that with rumors of him having an entitlement vibe and that is bad news.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Nope, they only needed one full season as a starter and they screwed that up by not signing him.

Oh you forgot all the calls AFTER his first full season when he started slow (like always) and the word here was that he needed an off-season too? I haven't. And I have a hard time placing that right next to -- Haskins has had a full 4 quarters now as a back up and has not impressed me so hes a bust. Thats all im saying. They dont square. And Cousins ended up well enough that you would think that someone with a working brain would conclude mayyyyyybe 4 quarters of NFL reps isnt enough to judge a player. 

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

But I do remember the days of "Campbell needs one more year with the same offense" folks, and the "RG3 was ruined by the Shanahans!" people.  I sense a similar narrative going forward about Haskins.

How could you sense that if literally no one is saying that? 

Just now, Llevron said:

How could you sense that if literally no one is saying that? 

Did you not hear the national media going on about how Gruden recklessly inserted Haskins into a game in an attempt to ruin him?  Louis Riddick?  There are several people already starting that train.  

3 minutes ago, DJD2 said:

One thing I do not like is his body language on the sidelines. Looks disinterested. Combine that with rumors of him having an entitlement vibe and that is bad news.

Yea im trying to figure out what that thing is. And I dont understand why someone so image conscious doesnt understand that **** looks bad. I try to tell myself his little attitude is his bravado and ok fine. But he needs to be getting all the info he can. 

I also dont understand why no one is helping lead him through this. Someone should be tied to this kids hip saying "Hey you need to see this" or something.  

1 hour ago, benskins26 said:

The unspoken issue here is why would Callahan play him? He’s coaching for the long term job. He’s the definition of week to week. He needs to show results. He doesn’t care about next year or 5 years from now. 

This is probably true.  Even if he plays Haskins and Haskins looks like he's growing, O'Connell will probably get all the credit.  

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

Did you not hear the national media going on about how Gruden recklessly inserted Haskins into a game in an attempt to ruin him?  Louis Riddick?  There are several people already starting that train.  

And then everyone said how dumb that was??

So many overly quick reactions.  Haskins needs more time to sit(that's why Case is the starter if healthy) but at the same time he will be given lots of time next year and the year after to hopefully develop into our qb of the future. 

He's got a big arm, good size.  Everyone is saying he hasn't shown anything yet.  I would disagree with that- yes the interceptions are there and yes he hasn't led us to many touchdowns, but just the way we can watch him sling it around is encouraging.  The ball spin and trajectory just looks different coming out of his hand compared to case.

'Knowing' the offense and getting more comfortable with it will just take time.  I'm perfectly cool with him sitting the rest of the year, and this idea that 'we' need answers on him right now is silly.  We drafted him in the top half of the first round this very year.  he isn't going anywhere, and we aren't considering bringing in any other new qb(certainly not with another high draft pick) anytime soon.  DH is the guy and it may take a lot more time to fully appreciate if he has it or not. That's the nature of the position.  We're probably looking at 2-3 years before we label someone a bust(and I am far from certain he will be anyways)

30 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I have no idea if Haskins is a bust or not.  But I do know that I want the Redskins to draft another QB next year and send Haskins, a long term project, to an organization that will actually develop him and not ruin him.

What, so the next regime can ruin the next QB, too?  We'll have a new coach and a new staff but...Dan and Bruce remain.  And as long as those guys are here pulling the puppet strings, it doesn't matter.  Faces changes, results are always the same.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What, so the next regime can ruin the next QB, too?  We'll have a new coach and a new staff but...Dan and Bruce remain.  And as long as those guys are here pulling the puppet strings, it doesn't matter.  Faces changes, results are always the same.

I get what you are saying, but if we draft a QB who is pro-ready we have less of a reason to worry about Dumb & Dumber ruining their development.  

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

I get what you are saying, but if we draft a QB who is pro-ready we have less of a reason to worry about Dumb & Dumber ruining their development.  

I understand what you're saying, too.  I just think we'd **** it up some how, some way.  

I understood that Haskins had some developing to do but...jeez.  I'm of the opinion that if you're taking someone in the 1st round they should pretty much be pro-ready and be able to start at some point in their rookie year.  Almost every rookie is going to have improving to do and room to grow, it's exceptionally rare for a 1st year draft choice to come in and play like a veteran right away.  But Haskins looks way far away from being able to contribute.  It's a bit unnerving.  

Archived