Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

Well one thing is promising;

with Haskins starting, that #1 overall pick dream is looking a lot better.

Callahan definitely made it seem like it's Keenum's job when he's out of the concussion protocol. But I think your point stands

Until Haskins starts a game and has a week to prepare I’ll reserve judgement. I loathe fans that throw in the towel on a player because they haven’t looked good in spot moments. I can write a list ten pages long of QBs that didn’t look great when they first came into the league.

hell, Drew Brees has 11 TD and 15 INT in his THIRD year starting.

y’all need to calm down or don’t bother watching if you’re unable to stop yourselves from turning into children.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

God I'd almost forgotten about the "Jason Candle" thing, possibly the worst non-insulting insult every come up with on this board. Just childish. May I forget it again. 

You must have been on oldfan and darellgreenie’s side. I forgive you lol. 

Nickname was bad though... but also fitting.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You already know what we have. A complete bust. He will never get up to speed. Ever. Get over it. Name a comparable comparison where the result wasn’t a complete bust.... You can’t. 

Eh, that’s easy... our very own Alex Smith.  

I see it this way right now.  I get the idea of protecting Haskins' confidence.   But at this point I gather the road that they have taken doesn't help on that front anyway.  If he looks shaky and then subsequently saying he isn't playing the week after -- that to me is no confidence builder.  So I think the horse is already out of the barn.  Callahan clearly though doesn't agree.  

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Yeah we screwed the pooch on that one with the 2 point conversion. A failure on the level of the rg3 trade or Alex Smith signing.

RG3 got us a division title and one of the most entertaining years in a long time. Alex Smith got us 6-3 and delusions of playoffs. 

Haskins will never come close to that level  of achievement...

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

RG3 got us a division title and one of the most entertaining years in a long time. Alex Smith got us 6-3 and delusions of playoffs. 

Haskins will never come close to that level  of achievement...

I never said he would. In fact, for multiple reasons I think he will be a bust and I said so a few weeks ago. 

Im saying that ending up at pick 3 versus pick 1 or even 2 is going to have a massive negative affect on our franchise.

8 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

You must have been on oldfan and darellgreenie’s side. I forgive you lol. 

Nickname was bad though... but also fitting.

Don't even remember where I stood on Campbell back then. I was much more of a homer I think. It's the nickname I had a problem with and I never said it. So dumb

Yeah he sucked but don't you have to give him all the 1st team reps and just see if he sinks or swims now? He's not gonna have a stable environment to sit and learn anyways, and may even just be given the job this offseason if Snyder has his say. If he's beyond awful, we need to know

Haskins is "gutted"? He's going to need to have some thicker skin. Nobody is going to have any confidence in him if he's all mopey and sullen when things don't go his way. He needs to be a leader. That being said, and based on the performance of our QB's...

...what is Colt Brennan doing these days?

Haskins looked way worse out there than he did against the Giants. Even his handoffs looked awkward. Against the Giants he might have had a couple bad throws and didn't make all the right reads but he looked pretty confident, was pretty decisive with his throws,  and didn't seem to get skittish. Tonight was totally different. He looked nervous and seemed lost from the first snap. And as a result his mechanics went down the tubes really fast. That INT was just plain bad. Simple throw, wide open receiver, dropped his elbow and didn't set his feet properly and it sailed. 

This is stuff that was there on his college tape but he got away with it more often than not because he didn't get pressured much, had superior arm talent, and had a stable full of 4.3-4.4 receivers who were usually going against inferior talent. I was hoping he'd improved since the last game but his mechanics look worse than ever. I'm certainly not going to give up on him or call him a bust after under a full game playing, but the coaches seemed to know what they were doing when they sat him. He's definitely not ready. But at the same time I feel like we need to know what we have in him. If we're going to have a top 3 pick and a shot at Burrow or even Tua then we need to know that DH is not the guy.  

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Haskins is "gutted"? He's going to need to have some thicker skin. Nobody is going to have any confidence in him if he's all mopey and sullen when things don't go his way. He needs to be a leader. That being said, and based on the performance of our QB's...

...what is Colt Brennan doing these days?

This is so confusing. Do people want an emotional guy who cares or a robot? People hated that Cousins just gave the standard PR talking points and never showed any clue that he cared that much. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah he sucked but don't you have to give him all the 1st team reps and just see if he sinks or swims now? He's not gonna have a stable environment to sit and learn anyways, and may even just be given the job this offseason if Snyder has his say. If he's beyond awful, we need to know

He sunk. He’s at the bottom of the ocean with titanic. He’s a complete bust. But you felt his view of himself as a future hall of famer and comparing himself to Brady and Brees wasn’t problematic. Now you see why it’s a concern.... 

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yes, He does deserve a fair shot. Coming in randomly when down in 2 games is pretty rough. 

He looked like he had no ****ing clue what to do out there. Coaches need to help him out in that regard.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

He sunk. He’s at the bottom of the ocean with titanic. He’s a complete bust. But you felt his view of himself as a future hall of famer and comparing himself to Brady and Brees wasn’t problematic. Now you see why it’s a concern.... 

No, I never said that. I said that you taking those comments out of context was a problem. He didn't say he thought he was like them...he said he was ignoring comparisons to his fellow rookies because he was more concerned with trying to be great. That is the correct answer. Has nothing to do with his play, either. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is so confusing. Do people want an emotional guy who cares or a robot? People hated that Cousins just gave the standard PR talking points and never showed any clue that he cared that much. 

Would you rather have a guy who sips on a wine cooler and watches "This is Us", or a dude who rips a 24 rack of Heineken and watches WWE and monster truck rallies?

We need a dude who will fart and curse our way to victory. A man's man.

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Yes, He does deserve a fair shot. Coming in randomly when down in 2 games is pretty rough. 

I would expect that he’ll look a lot better if he gets to game plan as the starter.

I am far from sold on Haskins but I 100% agree with this.  Practice all week and prepare to play -- that sets him up for success better than these relief appearances IMO. 

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Would you rather have a guy who sips on a wine cooler and watches "This is Us", or a dude who rips a 24 rack of Heineken and watches WWE and monster truck rallies?

We need a dude who will fart and curse our way to victory. A man's man.

I can't tell if I'm the victim of schtick here or not, that's how far we've fallen around here. 

Archived