Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Drafting is vital... Its also not guaranteed anything. The goat late round pick, Ohno undrafted... NUMEROUS TOP 10 QB PICKS THAT FLOP.

We can tank for Tua and watch his ankles disintegrate year one running for his life.

If we build an oline and stout D, it wont matter who is back there as much. We have a youth movement at wr and dline the rest needs inprovement no matter what. If we build the team for Haskins and he sucks next year, at least it will be in better shape then now for the next qb experiment. Its been a 20 year courosel we are bound to hit sometime!

LMAO giving up and Haskins after 2 relief outings is beyond silly, and the hate here makes it hard to have any kind of conversation rationally

Tbh I'm on the fence about starting him. I'm legitimately torn and here's why. 

Pros to starting him:

1. We will have a much larger sample size, if there's no improvement in his game he can definitely be considered a disappointment. 

2. We are REALLY going to be awful with him at the helm. Guaranteed Burrow most likely, maybe Tua. Both much better QB prospects than Haskins. 

Cons to starting him:

1. You don't just give someone a spot because of their draft status. If they suck, they suck and shouldn't see the field. 

2. Team morale. Whether we believe it or not, these guys want to win. 

I'm pretty confident Haskins isn't it. The only positive trait I see is he has zippy throws, he does have arm talent. Nothing else is there though, he lacks leadership, can't read a defense, call protections, bad footwork, bad command of a huddle, poor pocket awareness, and he's innacurate with bad decision making on top of it. This may sound extreme but we need to cut ties this off-season before what we've tried to build over the last 2 drafts gets effected by keeping DH around longer than we should. 

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Draft picks mean a lot if you actually have intelligent football minds making the selections.  Not Dan Snyder & his **** boy Allen.

Bruce as much as it pains me to say has made some great picks. Everyone has busts. Cutting dead weight on blunders is the key to reducing the negative impact. There is nothing more to see with Haskins. He’s not an NFL caliber QB. Nothing will ever get him there. Time to move on....

39 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

yeah, potentially waste incredible draft resources next year around a guy you dont know that can play (I DO know that he CANT play).  what you are prescribing is a recipe for another decade, yep a DECADE of failure (if they dont address a long term solution at the QB position and instead think this guy is good enough to play in the NFL).  I already know he cant play and that's based off his fraudulent COLLEGE resume.

What scouting department do ypu work for??? Man o man, Snyder finally hit the jackpot! What a lucky day indeed to find a top tier NFL elite scout right here his teams own message boards! Im sure he can buy out your contract to get you on staff- hell Id bet all the friends you made here would be more then willing to sign a petition to elevate you up above Doug Williams- tell me where to sign o great one!

31 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Both articles say what he wants to be. The first one said his "goal" is a couple of Super Bowls and the Hall of Fame. His exact words from the second article: "I want to be like Tom Brady and Drew Brees". He never refused to be compared with anyone else.

Why would you want a QB who doesn't want to win Super Bowls and doesn't want to be one of the best QBs in the NFL? If you don't want his goal to be a great player, what do you want it to be? A McDonald's cook? A politician? A wood wright? If he said his goal was to play at the same level as Tarvaris Jackson, would that get your approval?

From the sample size I've seen so far, I'm leaning towards career backup territory. I have not seen him make good decisions with the ball - his decision making is highly questionable. That pass to AP was off his back foot and should have been picked off. I keep waiting to see something, anything....a spark....a throw that makes me think he's future star. I just don't see it.

We need to start him the rest of the season to see if maybe he finally gets it. We're going to have a top 3 pick, no doubt. Best to figure it out by the end of the year if he can play or not.....if not, we Rosen him

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Both articles say what he wants to be. The first one said his "goal" is a couple of Super Bowls and the Hall of Fame. His exact words from the second article: "I want to be like Tom Brady and Drew Brees". He never refused to be compared with anyone else.

Why would you want a QB who doesn't want to win Super Bowls and doesn't want to be one of the best QBs in the NFL? If you don't want his goal to be a great player, what do you want him to be? A McDonald's cook? A politician? A wood wright? If he said his goal was to play at the same level as Tarvaris Jackson, would that get your approval?

Because he threw 4 interceptions in roughly 20 passes as a pro. I don’t want him mentioning anyone who has ever had success in the sane sentences as his loser self. He needs to be humble. Shut his mouth and work hard to not be the loser that he is. Unfortunately he thinks he’s elite. 

Tavaris Jackson is the same unachievable level as Sammy Baugh at this point for this loser. Ryan Leaf is not even achievable.

36 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I’m just kinda beyond tired with the same ole **** with the redskins where they make predictable errors in player evaluations and coaching. Some people that have been here recognize the song and dance and are fed up with giving chances when they know how it ends.

Oh, I know.  Just seems like they’d be mad at management, not Haskins.  I know I am.  

36 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

And youve got a few who hated Haskins as a prospect. The same things they hated about him are the reasons why he is failing right now. They are borderline irate right now.

I get this as well, but again, why treat Haskins like garbage though?  Why would someone not like a pick and then nitpick everything about the guy to work themselves into a frenzy of hate?  Why repeat themselves over and over and over (and over and over and over...)?  It’s taking away from the enjoyment of the board IMO.  

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with the negativity in and of itself.  Haskins has looked like crap, and I think there’s a pretty good chance he doesn’t get PT down the stretch as Callahan isn’t concerned about next year’s draft (and whether we need to draft a qb).  FO screwed the pooch once again and it might get even worse (if that’s possible) when a new coach is brought in.

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Because he threw 4 interceptions in roughly 20 passes as a pro. I don’t want him mentioning anyone who has ever had success in the sane sentences as his loser self. He needs to be humble. Shut his mouth and work hard to not be the loser that he is. Unfortunately he thinks he’s elite. 

Tavaris Jackson is the same unachievable level as Sammy Baugh at this point for this loser. Ryan Leaf is not even achievable.

You've said what you don't want him to be. That's cool, you don't want it to be becoming successful. So please, tell us: What do you want his goal to be? What is the exact quote you want him to respond with to questions while being humble enough to not be arrogant and confident enough to not be an irreversible loser? What is the happy medium?

@ExoDus84, this is what I'm talking about. WITNESS ME

Callahan in his press conference just said Keenum is absolutely the starter going forward if healthy.  Says it's tough for young QBs in their first year.  Mentioned Aikman. 

Hey Bill that was 30 years ago.  Ain't done that way any more. QBs play and often thrive right out of the chute in modern day NFL. 

What an absolute clown operation.  I will continue to laugh along with many of my long time and fed up Redskin fan buddies.  Pure comedy. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

You've said what you don't want him to be. That's cool, you don't want it to be becoming successful. So please, tell us: What do you want his goal to be? What is the exact quote you want him to respond with to questions while being humble enough to not be arrogant and confident enough to not be an irreversible loser? What is the happy medium?

The hate is too strong man... you’re wasting your time.  

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

The hate is too strong man... you’re wasting your time.  

I know, but after today's game, it's the only entertainment I've got. Plus I'm genuinely curious what he wants Haskins to say. I've never stuck around long enough in conversations like this to find out lol

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don’t want him to say a word. He won’t be successful because he sucks not because of what you or I want. This is a performance based business not a wish board where he puts up pictures of Brady and Brees and dreams of his hall of fame induction.

The Redskins should cut or trade him. He has no business taking an active roster spot over Colt. This failed experiment is over.  Whether you accept that now or 3 years from now, you will get there...

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

I don’t want him to say a word. He won’t be successful because he sucks not because of what you or I want. This is a performance based business not a wish board where he puts up pictures of Brady and Brees and dreams of his hall of fame induction.

The Redskins should cut or trade him. He has no business taking an active roster spot over Colt. This failed experiment is over.  Whether you accept that now or 3 years from now, you will get there... 

Okay, so to be ulta-uber-extreme clear. When the reporter asked Haskins what his goal is, you think Haskins should have sat there awkwardly stared at the reporter while not saying a word? No goals, no idols, no nothing?

Just now, NickyJ said:

Okay, so to be ulta-uber-extreme clear. When the reporter asked Haskins what his goal is, you think Haskins should have sat there awkwardly stared at the reporter while not saying a word? No goals, no idols, no nothing?

He should break down crying for dishonoring this team and himself. Japanese Seppuku might be a tad extreme but in the ball park of the shame he should express. 

31 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bruce as much as it pains me to say has made some great picks. Everyone has busts. Cutting dead weight on blunders is the key to reducing the negative impact. There is nothing more to see with Haskins. He’s not an NFL caliber QB. Nothing will ever get him there. Time to move on....

Name the great picks.  

33 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Absolutely right.  Bruce has made some great picks, they just havent played well, and the team he built just stinks, but thats totally not because he chose the wrong players, its because the right players he chose just arent good.

I mean that one pick that one time that almost kinda worked out okay was all Brucey boy.  The talent he has put on the offensive side is unreal.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jonathan Allen. Daron Payne. McLaurin. Maybe Guice. Holcolm and Moreland showing potential. Hard to judge the drafts when Scot and Shanny we’re here.

As of right now, zero of those players are pro-bowlers. Terry might be the only one take make it this year, if he continues on the trend. Guice hasn't played for 2 years now.

Allen and Payne, are solid, i'll give you that, but world beaters they are not. You'd hope for at least a pro bowl for a top 15 pick.

1 Good pick in 10+ years in regards to McLaurin is no reason to pat Bruce on the back.

Archived