Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Redskins Name Bill Callahan Head Coach

Boss_Hogg

53 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Being flip on that sire aside, it would take a great imagination, wouldn't it?

Who's doing that again? I'll have a word on their totally unrealistic initial expectations 6 days in. 

Hail. 

What, you don't like copy-paste tweets and articles that pick the fruit hanging so low that it's rotten? How can you not enjoy the detailed, intricate analysis behind '[paste name here] bad cuz bruce and dan'?

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

At this moment in time I couldn't give a flying F about those two cretins TBH mate. 

LOL, we are on the same page on that.

(The absolute pathetic crap that will emanate around here if we beat the Dolphins, then lose the following week as to 'how poor Miami are/ told yer this was no different et al' is a major reason why I've stayed out of the Stadium for so long. Folks ridiculous need to be proved right to faceless posters on an Internet message board.) 

I agree sort of.  That is, if it's purely about those 2 games you mention.  But if they beat the Dolphins and go 3-13 for the season -- the Dolphins game clearly isn't going to be some season highlight that we will look fondly back at -- that team might actually be the worst NFL team of all time.  They are giving up 40 points a game, about 300 passing yards a game and about 175 yards on the ground -- that's not just bad but historic bad.  They have gotten 2 TDs for the whole season.  Let me repeat, 2 Tds for the whole season.  So if they beat the Dolphins, count me among the people who will yawn about it.  But agree just losing to SF the week after isn't the be all and end all -- heck for the SF game, I'd be happy to see them just be competitive.    I'll be physically present for both games.  So I am especially interested in those 2 games.

What concerns me, whether Callahan is the HC next year or not, is him improving the football culture around here and putting out a disciplined, conditioned group that will at the very least give everything and play good, fundamental football that will, the more these practices are repeated day in, day out, ultimately lead to them executing better and being seriously competitive.

I get your point and agree in theory.  Where I guess we disagree is I think each new coach brings their own stamp.  So I don't think its going to matter unless Callahan himself returns.

Everything evolves from there and his veteran leadership, from everything he's done to press this week which is all we can go on, is pointing in the right direction to putting those vital building blocks in place as a real strong foundation for this young team to grow from, 

THAT'S what's really exciting me. 

I don't know if anything is exciting me in all of that.  I've seen the Coughlin, Schiano types do well and also flame out.    If I had to frame my position, I am more into the profile of the innovative charismatic types than the lay the law types.  But i don't think there is any straight profile that I think = success.  Will see about Callahan.

We are both on the same page about wanting something that translates to future success.  For me, I am not blown away by the talent we got.  But I do think a young star or two can make a big difference.   SF being a case in point.  We got to downplay that game some because in theory we expect to lose.  Well, last year SF stunk.  Their culture survived it.  They added Bosa to the D line and it made a good D line special. 

I want something similar here.  I am more fired up in theory about what a guy like Chase Young can do to transform our D line versus hoping there is some carry over from Callahan's run to the next HC.    

But I get where you are coming from.  Heck you can appreciate this maybe more than most.  My son wears sports jerseys to school.  And he's much more likely to wear a Mane or Virgil jersey than the zillion Redskins jerseys I got him.    I root for three teams mostly.  Redskins are by far sadly my biggest passion.  LFC would be next.  Yankees are my third.  2 of those teams are winners.  Redskins are losers.  I'd love to see this turned around.  😀   My kids had much more fun at Anfield than any Redskins game I've taken them to. 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:11 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

This is the coach who changed nothing after Gruden was traded. He sure made it easy for the Bucs to crush his Raiders.

Too high expectations of Bill.

If the rumors are true about trading picks for Tomlin then Calahan would be the first head coach to replace a HC after the HC was actually traded and then also replaced by a coach that was traded for. Neither had happened before and he would be the guy replacing/replaced in both occasions.

Oh and both times he replaced a Gruden.

Weird ****.

• Maybe it means that we're going to lose to the Raiders in the SB... Naa :rofl89:

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think it’s safe to say that Gruden would be 1-5 just the same though.

Not sure. You can also subjunctively say AP wouldn’t have had 100 yards rushing. He still had to go based on what had already been seen of him.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So the roster is really that bad? 

I still don't think so. I think we have an 8-8 roster that could be a good bounce from going 9-7 or a bad bounce from going 6-10 with good coaching. On defense, we are seeing bad coaching. On offense, we're sort of seeing Martyball Part II (at least in this game). I can give McConnell a bit of a break since it was his first outing. Also, we had a couple of drops and miscues on some really nice throws that would have made the game a little more comfortable. Still, overall my impression of the team is mild nausea which is better than the last few weeks which was appendicitis. 

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think we have an average, maybe slightly better than average roster.

We just have appalling coaching dragging the whole thing down that extra notch.

Nope, we're just bad. 

Do you realize how good the rest of our roster would need to be for this to be an above average roster with Case Keenum as your starting QB?  Eating Alex Smith's contract pretty much makes it impossible for this to be an above average roster.

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So the roster is really that bad? 

I think it is--at least if you're talking the current starting roster (not the guys who can't/won't play).

The secondary is a mess, and the entire offense is a disaster area, apart from McLaurin and what's left of AP.

6 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Well atleast I can say Callahan did not put the game in Case's hands.Which is a recipe for diaster.

Except he did exactly that. If we'd run on that final 3rd down rather than passed, the clock would have ticked down to the 2 min and the Dolphins may never have scored. Nevermind the catastrophic stuff that could have happened there. 

24 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Nope, we're just bad. 

Do you realize how good the rest of our roster would need to be for this to be an above average roster with Case Keenum as your starting QB?  Eating Alex Smith's contract pretty much makes it impossible for this to be an above average roster.

For the most part, this is the same roster than won playing 4 QBs.  The changes they did make dont really explain how they got to be THIS bad in the offseason.

23 minutes ago, justice98 said:

For the most part, this is the same roster than won playing 4 QBs.  The changes they did make dont really explain how they got to be THIS bad in the offseason.

Bolded for emphasis.

Would that be the same roster that dropped like a stone during the back half of last season? The first half of last season was an illusion.

Archived