Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Haskins already looks fantastic just for the fact that the team woke the **** up when he came in.

4 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

New energy on the field.

You can really feel it. Same thing happened last week with Jones in NY. 

So the question is:  The move to Haskins, is it temporary until Colt McCoy is healthy or is this Haskins's job now?  I have a feeling that Gruden has wanted Colt to start the entire time, but the injury opened the door for Case.  Now that Case has been benched and Haskins is in, but a healthy Colt looms.....?

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s a first down. 

I will give Gruden credit.  I didn’t think he would make that move.  And I don’t know if it will pay off.  But it was worth the risk because Keenum didn’t have it. 

At that point, Case was going to definetly get him fired.  Now he can make the "I can develop QBs, give me a chance" arguement

4 minutes ago, cougs said:

The question is can Haskins overcome the bad coaching and Bad play calling? I hate to say it but I don’t think so. 

The playcalling in terms of tendencies and run play design is not good, BUT it gets guys open. A good QB can unlock the whole offense even if it's not perfect

Just now, NoCalMike said:

So the question is:  The move to Haskins, is it temporary until Colt McCoy is healthy or is this Haskins's job now?  I have a feeling that Gruden has wanted Colt to start the entire time, but the injury opened the door for Case.  Now that Case has been benched and Haskins is in, but a healthy Colt looms.....?

I’d consider temporary with NE next week. Otherwise... permanent.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wish granted!!!

Praise Allah!!

my wish was for Keenum to play well enough to give Haskins a red shirt season.

But we suck.  The team is terrible.  Keenum is terrible.  We are not going to be able to develop Haskins in anything close to ideal conditions.  He is going to have to sink or swim in terrible conditions. 

Archived