Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

2 minutes ago, Butchie_T said:

Pleasepleaseplease o pleasepleaseplease.......... i’m so tired of his deer in the headlight look in his post game interviews. Whoever thought this guy was good should be fired too..

you don't want your rookie QB to throw his fourth INT inside the other teams Redzone after the game is over

8 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

im not making this call "now".  I made this call in advance of him being drafted at all.   because i watched I believe 7 of his college games last year.  all on youtube.  took notes.  wrote down every pass play attempted in what amounted to basically  half of his college career.  throwing the ball down the field , I thought he was terrible.  and on 3rd down converrsions through the air?  He was one of the WORST QUARTERBACKS I HAVE EVER SEEN!  He flat out SUCKED!   He was ATROCIOUS on 3rd downs in college.  A-T-R-O-C-I-O-U-S.  So his final tally stats dont make jack S to me, because those numbers, just like David Klingler's numbers and so many other COLLEGE QB numbers dont and WONT translate to the NFL game.   

Considering you're not an NFL scout, college scout, high school scout, middle school scout, or even a pop warner scout.......nobody gives a **** what you think about Haskins.  

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

He was wide open twice for a TD and Keenum completely missed him. Never had a chance. If Case hits him like any HS QB should he gets two big scoring plays. He did his job. You are blaming the wrong person. 

not really my point.  I don't consider Quinn a deep threat. CT is not a deep threat either. 

9 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I'm calling a bust on haskins. He's got some talent but he is very raw. His lack of stability leads to inaccuracy. He likes to just flick the ball here and there. Ain't gonna work in the nfl. 

In time these things could be corrected but we drafted him when gruden was about to get fired so the new coach won't have patience. 

Sweat is a bust as well, workout stud who won't actually be good at his nfl position. 

It's a shame really. The redskins management is so stupid. 

Ridiculous post.  Haskins hasn’t even gotten his first start and you are labeling him a bust?  Maybe you can  find a soccer team to follow.  

1 minute ago, London Kev said:

Well, that's 0-4. Next up is the Patriots. At least they've got a bad defense, right?

We know Belichick will keep scoring until the defense stops them, so they could very well hit 60+ if not 70+.

If no firings happen this week I'd expect { hope } Belichick would oblige with expediting.

Just now, Sonny9TD said:

Haskins is a bust. Knew it from the days of Ohio State. Even JT Barrett could light it up there.  Not accurate and can't read the field. A freaking bust and Danny almost traded up he had such a man crush on him. Danny has got to get out of the i know talent business. That first round pick was a waste. Guaranteed.

not to mention, im starting to believe the OTHER 1st round pick will be a bust, too.  This Montez Sweat guy?  Who when drafted, PFF (for what thats worth) had a second round grade on him and said he had no pass rush moves other than a bull rush and a run around the tackle routine (Brian Orakpo, anyone?).    I've seen really nothing from him, either, one quarter into his rookie season.  and they dont have a 2nd round pick next year, which will be at the TOP of the 2nd round because the owner forced the team to draft a mediocre QB in the first round which in response the scouts wanted to get something for themselves and traded a bit of their future for Sweat, who looks like an average player.  washington has nothing BUT average players.  Sweat is another one.

3 minutes ago, carex said:

you don't want your rookie QB to throw his fourth INT inside the other teams Redzone after the game is over

I’d prefer he not start or play at all this year and we go with Colt instead. Problem is he’s hurt too and we are forced into a worse situation than we should be in. 

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

not really my point.  I don't consider Quinn a deep threat. CT is not a deep threat either. 

So the guy that is running wide open behind the D on a regular basis but the QB is not getting him the ball is not a deep threat? And with no other real threat on the field. And he has been missed in other games too. You really going with that?

He can't throw the ball to himself.

3 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

wrong, i said he couldnt play the moment he was drafted.

you keep mentioning your astute youtube video analysis, but I watched an analysis of his snaps that judged him in the opposite direction.  Who am I to believe?

Though you could be right, it would be nice if you weren't a monumental dick about it.

Everything Jay does seems to be to spite Bruce.

First bench Adrian, second do what he could to shelve Haskins, third stay stubborn about Keenan after last week, and fourth toss Haskins in no prep, Terry out. Now Haskins needs to be aware of his level of competence and not throw those interceptions but he was set up to be the storyline by Jay instead of the spit show Jay displays week after week.

9 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Didn’t think Haskins was ready, rough day today.  Threw 3 picks and had a couple of near picks.  But they may as well go with him next week and see if a week of first team reps will help.

It is possible that the Pats will be coming into the game very angry if they lose today.  Would be a bad idea in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

Ridiculous post.  Haskins hasn’t even gotten his first start and you are labeling him a bust?  Maybe you find a soccer team to follow.  

why?  Why cant people look at his entire COLLEGE RESUME and see his game would not succeed at the pro level?  Maybe that guy looked into Haskins' game in college more than you did and he knows better.  I know I did.

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

not to mention, im starting to believe the OTHER 1st round pick will be a bust, too.  This Montez Sweat guy?  Who when drafted, PFF (for what thats worth) had a second round grade on him and said he had no pass rush moves other than a bull rush and a run around the tackle routine (Brian Orakpo, anyone?).    I've seen really nothing from him, either, one quarter into his rookie season.  and they dont have a 2nd round pick next year, which will be at the TOP of the 2nd round because the owner forced the team to draft a mediocre QB in the first round which in response the scouts wanted to get something for themselves and traded a bit of their future for Sweat, who looks like an average player.  washington has nothing BUT average players.  Sweat is another one.

Have you read that book: “How to make friends and influence people?”

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Of course there’s a flag.  Football is a dumb sport.

the new flag football.

also, while I hope Haskins lights it up while our defense allows all the touchdowns are special teams muffs punts like it’s going out of style, if he looks bad I’m OK with that because it increases the chances of ditching Bruce as well.

The biggest thing working against Haskins is this franchise and the total lack of stability he will encounter here. 

I am not even mad at Jay. I think it is structurally impossible to thrive in this franchise. Player, coach, doesn’t matter. 

This is where talent comes to die.

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Considering you're not an NFL scout, college scout, high school scout, middle school scout, or even a pop warner scout.......nobody gives a **** what you think about Haskins.  

But he broke down Haskins' games on YouTube though. That takes... Dedication. I believe the dude is onto something here. 👍

Just now, No Excuses said:

The biggest thing working against Haskins is this franchise and the total lack of stability he will encounter here. 

I am not even mad at Jay. I think it is structurally impossible to thrive in this franchise. Player, coach, doesn’t matter. 

This is where talent comes to die.

All of that!  On the money!  

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So the guy that is running wide open behind the D on a regular basis but the QB is not getting him the ball is not a deep threat? And with no other real threat on the field. And he has been missed in other games too. You really going with that?

He can't throw the ball to himself.

He is really not doing it on a regular basis and it is something that has concerned me.  BUT in this game you are absolutely 100% correct and was happy to see it.  Keenum missed him both times. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So many stupid ****ing fans on this board. More every year despite the declining participation overall. 

I mean, I have somehow stuck around even though I barely watch anything.  But I don't stray into the Tailgate like I used to (an ever-increasing share of morons), but I've noticed that social media must have taken a huge chunk out of engagement.  One of the huge sites (hailredskins) shut down, and the others have really died down overall.

But I'm also of the opinion that 4-5 active main threads about football every week has been a negative.  Social media has evolved and people can keep track of multiple threads.  That was done for the mods, not for us.

Archived