Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

I'm torn, because I agree he has nothing to work with out there.  I'm fine with him being in there so he gets used to the speed he has to make those decisions, get used to making smart decisions at this level even when nothing is there.

He's the future, do what ever it takes to get him ready, we can't afford for this to go wrong.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

There is no ****ing way anyone watching that replay thought offensive PI was justified. None. There was some other reason for upholding the call.

I think the officiating cartel is trying to stick it to the coaches for asking for a rule on them and for their officiating accountability. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I swear I HATE it when Jay talks about health and injuries.  

HATE HATE HATE HAYE HATE HATE HAYE IT.

It’s excuse and loser talk.

When you literally have the most injured team for two years running, it's not an excuse. You can't lose 2 QB's, multiple RB's, 2-3 starting lineman, etc., and still hope to beat good teams.

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

Instant replay is a joke as long as you let the same idiot who made the bad call decide if he messed up or not.

I see this with appraisals in housing all of the time.  You can never let one person be judge, jury, and executioner, because someone who is bad at their job will never admit to it as long as they are the sole authority over grading themselves.  Its a stupid dumbass decision to run things that way, and it will really hurt the NFL.

Truth. 

It doesn't help the the NFL rules are not black and white. There are so many gray areas and multiple penalies could be called on every play. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s got a long way to go to catch 

Remember when Jon told the world Jay, his little brother, used to beat him up when they were children?  He may not be as good a coach, but he’s in the little brother hall of fame.

Imagine you are sleeping and suddenly you have a nightmare where your favorite football team is owned by Snyder, managed by Allen and coached by Gruden and yet they all stay year after year. Worse yet, is you wake up and it wasn’t a nightmare at all.

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

When you literally have the most injured team for two years running, it's not an excuse. You can't lose 2 QB's, multiple RB's, 2-3 starting lineman, etc., and still hope to beat good teams.

I know.  You know.  The coach shouldn’t bring it up as an excuse EVER.  He’s got to maintain the “next guy up” mentality.  It’s almost letting the backups off the hook for sucking when he talks publicly about the starters being out.

I get that it’s a factor.  However the coach just shouldn’t ever use it as an excuse or a reason for anything.  Ever.  

I am in favor of getting rid of Jay Gruden. This team outside of the starting defense does not look Week 1 ready at all, slightly better than last week but that's not saying much. Every team in this league has injuries, holes in their roster but the better coached teams seem to not look as bewildered as we do. 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

#58 has an interesting burst

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

if that's McKinzy, they've ben raving about his speed and bend on the edge all camp

Yes, he's actually been impressing since last offseason.

He's the reason the team told Galette they weren't interested in bringing him back last year.

Archived