Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

I think it's clear. None of these QBs are going to be ready to start week 1.

All the more reason to start Haskins, imo.  I know there's still some guys missing on offense, but really do beleive its going to have to be a running / no turnover offense like last year for us to stand a chance and pray our defense keeps us in the game like they did today.  I mean, damn, if they didn't score themselves, we're still in single digits right now : (

Just now, Renegade7 said:

All the more reason to start Haskins, imo.  I know there's still some guys missing on offense, but really do beleive its going to have to be a running / no turnover offense like last year for us to stand a chance and pray our defense keeps us in the game like they did today.  I mean, damn, if they didn't score themselves, we're still in single digits right now : (

Not true this offense as a whole isn't ready. Starting him week 1 might risk is development and his career. 

Just now, Vanguard said:

If players thought the way some of you guys post.......

Has nothing to do with what they think. The fact is none of them look good. Pretty obvious when watching. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Has nothing to do with what they think. The fact is none of them look good. Pretty obvious when watching. 

It’s knee jerk reactions and unsubstantiated claims.  Haskins looks good and sometimes not so good.  Then factor in we don’t have all of the skill position starters out there.  And I call b.s.

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

Not true this offense as a whole isn't ready. Starting him week 1 might risk is development and his career. 

This is the logical, conservative take on this.  The reality is if this does go south, it will be a worse situation by the time he does get in there.  Like, waiting until we are out of contention will likely be because of injuries taking us out the picture, you might as well "protect him" until 2020, which I don't agree with.  You risk is development regardless because of how bad this offense is going to be regardless, so get him the reps with the starters already and used to defense throwing the kitchen sink at him, they will his first game no matter when it is

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

It’s knee jerk reactions and unsubstantiated claims.  Haskins looks good and sometimes not so good.  Then factor in we don’t have all of the skill position starters out there.  And I call b.s.

No you getting salty about what I said is a knee jerk reaction. The fact is none of these guys are constant and look good. Yeah they have flashes but that's it. 

Archived