Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I also took advantage of the weather this weekend to get in some brake work on the wife’s car.  Almost had to, the weather is almost never this good.  

I looked at the weather for the whole week and saw that next Sunday is going to be in the thirties and had to get the brakes done today, like you. :)

And while I am typing this wasn't paying attention what the hell happened on the last play... lol

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

It's preordained the Chiefs win. But I'm sure Watson is going to sling it also and score some more today. Big shootout.

What in the Wide World of Sports was O'Brien thinking with that stupid fake punt. It has directly led to 14 pts by the Chiefs. Stupid, stupid move.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, and I'm not buying it's wet when the other team already has 21 points. 

Ball doesn't have to be wet in order to be slick. Cold and dry is what makes a football hard to handle.

In fact dry is necessary, with freezing temperature the ball just gets a sheen to it, slick, that makes it just squirt out. 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That’s just a slippery slope argument that isn’t realistic.  that’s what people said about low hits on the QB, head shots, blindside blocks etc. the sport is strong enough to survive dirty hits being removed and focus on player protection. 

They arent trying to get rid of dirty hits, theh slowly getting rid of every hit, man.  Wasnt it last year the debate about being allowed to land in the QB after sacking them as unnecessary roughness?

You cannot make a naturally violent game perfectly safe.  At some they need to chill and jus make players sign certain waivers to play.  It's not a slippery slope, and NFL is taking their strength for granted. The penalties are getting out of control and getting worse and more players are getting injuries anyway because they are bigger, faster, and have less offseason programs (ironically to protect them).

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

I also took advantage of the weather this weekend to get in some brake work on the wife’s car.  Almost had to, the weather is almost never this good in winter.  

Hell I took the trash to the dumpster & cleaned out the truck. Got back & it was 24-14, just in time to see the last turnover & KC make it 24-21. 

I was gone for about 8 minutes. :ols: 

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Ball doesn't have to be wet in order to be slick. Cold and dry is what makes a football hard to handle.

In fact dry is necessary, with freezing temperature the ball just gets a sheen to it, slick, that makes it just squirt out. 

My point stands, these guys are paid millions to prepare for that and for majority of this game one team wasnt

Archived