Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

KC unleashed the full power of their passing offense in this quarter.  I’m not sure they called a single running play.  Andy Reid is in his element, figuratively speaking.  It’s not like he’s sitting in a tub of mayonnaise on the sideline.  I just mean he’s being rewarded for abandoning the run.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

KC unleashed the full power of their passing offense in this quarter.  I’m not sure they called a single running play.  Andy Reid is in his element.

Mahomes ran twice. They've had 5 runs the entire 1st half

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

KC unleashed the full power of their passing offense in this quarter.  I’m not sure they called a single running play.  Andy Reid is in his element, figuratively speaking.  It’s not like he’s sitting in a tub of mayonnaise on the sideline.  I just mean he’s being rewarded for abandoning the run.

Something tells me a tub of Mayo wouldnt last long on the sideline with Reid there. 

5 minutes ago, TK said:

Mahomes ran twice. They've had 5 runs the entire 1st half

Cooley said they have no direct run plays in their playbook.  Everything they have is RPO related.

Who said you have to run the ball and play defense?

I think the key is just to be REALLY good at whatever it is you do.  

Playing good defense is kindof table stakes.  You should to that regardless.

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The Chiefs.

They really could almost put a dagger in the Texans with. A TD. 

Has any team ever given up 35 unanswered and won a game?

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Romo said his body was not over the line. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt to Romo on this one. :)

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what call, the TD?

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No it wasn’t. This is an awful post.

NFL rules are that it doesn't matter where the foot or body is. It's the ball:

"If the ball, whether in player possession or loose, crosses the line of scrimmage, a forward pass is not permissable, regardless of whether the ball returns behind the line of scrimmage before the pass is thrown. quote_author NFL Rule Book, Rule 8, Section I, Article 2."

The ball looked very much across the line to me.

I stand corrected, above was from the 2012 NFL rulebook. Somewhere along the line, they changed the rules to say:

" A forward pass thrown when the passer is beyond the line of scrimmage.
Note: It is a forward pass from beyond the line of scrimmage if the passer’s entire body and the ball are beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball is released, whether the passer is airborne or touching the ground. "

Congratulations, NFL. You edited a very clear rule to make it as clear as mud.

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

KC doesn’t run the ball much anyway, and the runs the do have are mostly based on RPO concepts, according to Cooley.  

Just now, profusion said:

Texans need to slow the game down. Can't get into a sprint against that KC offense.

They can only slow the game down if they continue to score at the same time.  

The problem is in a long drive, a lot of opportunities for things to go wrong 

Just now, Monk4thaHALL said:

Watson is going to orchestrate some scores in the 2nd half, I'm sure. Ready for back and froth offense. 

Maybe.  But if KC puts up 7 right away, and Watson come in down 11, the zchiefs are going to tee off on him which is going to make things more difficult. 

This could legitimately snowball out of control.

Archived