Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

Just now, Birdlives said:

Weird. I’ve never seen a team just pump the brakes and then just get rolled over. Weird.

The spark for the Chief was the 50 yards return that gave them their 1st TD. After that, it was the stupid trying to go for it on those fake punts that did the Texans in. O'Brien tried to play Madden. I would say stupid not weird though. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Rodgers vs Mahomes would be straight cash money.

GB is good, but I don't think they're as good as everyone thinks. They make a lot of mistakes that the opposing team doesn't seem to take advantage. These playoff/SB teams won't make that mistake.

23 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

They’re consistently regular season beasts and playoff ****cats.

They've never even had a bye under O'Brien. They're basically 2-2 in the WC round and 0-2 when traveling to play a higher seeded team coming off a bye. Hardly unexpectedly bad

Their defensive talent is above average imo. They were neutralized and O’Brien and Crennel, who somehow keeps getting jobs in the nfl, had absolutely no pushback. 

They were a bottom 10 defense, both in yards and in Football Outsiders' efficiency rankings. They were 19th in points.

Apart from Watt, who was out for most of the year, there is no one close to great on that D. McKinney, Reid and Mecellus are all good, but not stars. They have depth at CB, but no one who is close to a shutdown guy. It's mediocre talent overall. 

They bet the farm on Tunsil and have no draft picks in the first two rounds for the next two years and even with Laramy and Max Scharping, the line was shredded, absolutely shredded by a mediocre pass rush playing without Chris Jones.

If you're trying to make the case that their talent is special, then pointing out that the Line can't block a "mediocre" pass rush hardly makes that point. 

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's entirely possible that Mahomes is jus that good?  This was classic Andy Ried, until Patrick unleashed the kraken.  For real, Mahomes jus saved Reids job in a way McNabb never could.

I can be convinced Obrien cant be trust to take Watson to a superbowl, not with Mahomes in the way.  

Listen, hats off to Mahomes. He played well. You know what helped? The fact that Houston had virtually no pass rush, they didn’t cover Kelce (and even when they did they were holding him and getting called all day), absolutely pathetic mistackling and constantly jumping offsides (which we’re always declined because the plays ended up being big gainers for KC). Houston lost this game just as much if not more than KC won it. Mahomes scrambles for what, 80 yards? Defensive assignments missed, complete disarray for the offense at the LoS. The team looked like it had no business being there. It’s not like they looked like world beaters the week before against a vastly overrated Bills team.

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

GB is good, but I don't think they're as good as everyone thinks. They make a lot of mistakes that the opposing team doesn't seem to take advantage. These playoff/SB teams won't make that mistake.

It's a different season, some of them become different teams.  You may be right, but if there were two QBs I'd find the most entertaining in the big game, its Rodgers and Mahomes.  Something is not right a out the way 49ers are winning games, I especially feel this way after seeing Ravens get exposed like that.

You know makes people pay for free penalty plays probably better then anyone? Rodgers.

Archived