Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You cant call that if it's not a cheap shot, and theres no way to know until the ball is caught. The point was to stop people from getting free hits on folks, not stop players from being able to play defense.  The reality is NFL doesnt want defense, but what is football after that?

To me, it’s no less cheap whether he has the ball or not. You can still play defense, tackle or hit the WR, knock the ball loose after a catch etc without teeing off on an airborne WRs upper body like that. That’s what they are doing and if that’s the goal, it shouldn’t matter if he has the ball or not. 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I wouldn't be bored.

Who doesn't like smash-mouth football ?

Isn't that how our Redskins beat the Dolphins ?

Joey T didn't exactly light up the skies with his passing, IIRC

That was 30 years ago.

I like to see the 49ers and Chiefs.  Because both teams are really good and the game could be anything. 

And I hate Seattle.  

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you can score in bunches, like the Chiefs can, this could be a 10 point game in about 5 minutes of game time. 

As I said 8 minutes ago. 

27 minutes ago, zskins said:

WOW! Just came inside after working on wife's car (brakes and tire rotation), what the hell happened here.? Did the Chiefs not watch the Ravens fall flat on their faces!

I also took advantage of the weather this weekend to get in some brake work on the wife’s car.  Felt like I had to, the weather is almost never this good in winter.  

This game isn’t over.  In the blink of an eye the lead is down to 10.

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

To me, it’s no less cheap whether he has the ball or not. You can still play defense, tackle or hit the WR, knock the ball loose after a catch etc without teeing off on an airborne WRs upper body like that. That’s what they are doing and if that’s the goal, it shouldn’t matter if he has the ball or not. 

If that's what you want in NFL, it'll be flag football in our lifetime

3 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Texans got too cute. That's ballgame right there, folks. Momentum swing, and now the Chiefs are gonna start puttin' points on the board.

It's preordained the Chiefs win. But I'm sure Watson is going to sling it also and score some more today. Big shootout.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

If that's what you want in NFL, it'll be flag football in our lifetime

That’s just a slippery slope argument that isn’t realistic.  that’s what people said about low hits on the QB, head shots, blindside blocks etc. the sport is strong enough to survive dirty hits being removed and focus on player protection. 

Archived