Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea to limit our military’s responsiveness by making every decision into a political bureaucratic debate in Congress... or the idea that one person can send the entire country to war.... 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the President has ever needed approval to act in the situation of imminent danger/defense of America.  It is more situations like the strike from a few days ago, which is turning out to have not been done out of any kind of specific threat, and merely just a solution picked off a multiple choice list.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They are both terrorist organizations, and they both have the ability to cause pain... like one is a mosquito and one is a bee but they are both bugs. 

I'm confused. I've seen this term tossed around a lot lately by multiple outlets. ISIS, I understand. What exactly does this mean for a country (Iran)? Because if it means what you wrote, there's a ****-ton of our adversaries that fall under that description. Are they also 'terrorist organizations'?

That's what I thought. Idiots in the Iranian military shot it down, probably thinking it was a US drone or something. The timing of it was too coincidental to be a "mechanical failure".

Though, I suppose a surface to air missile would cause some mechanical failures.

So as a result of Trump's decision to kick a hornet's nest, 180 innocent people get killed.  Chalk it up to the principle of unintended consequences - the heightened state of alert caused by the attack on Soleimani and the resulting hair trigger of those who shot the missile downing the airliner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I'm confused. I've seen this term tossed around a lot lately by multiple outlets. ISIS, I understand. What exactly does this mean for a country (Iran)? Because if it means what you wrote, there's a ****-ton of our adversaries that fall under that description. Are they also 'terrorist organizations'?

The General and his organization were designated terrorists long ago

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So as a result of Trump's decision to kick a hornet's nest, 180 innocent people get killed.  Chalk it up to the principle of unintended consequences - the heightened state of alert caused by the attack on Soleimani and the resulting hair trigger of those who shot the missile downing the airliner.

good grief man.  I’m all for playing politics but I’m not going to wash the blood off Iran’s hands to do it.  Iran shot that plane down, they own every inch of that.  If the US had shot down a commercial airliner down in a rush to strike back at any number of Iranian sponsored attacks none of us would be clearing our government of responsibility.   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

good grief man.  I’m all for playing politics but I’m not going to wash the blood off Iran’s hands to do it.  Iran shot that plane down, they own every inch of that.  If the US had shot down a commercial airliner down in a rush to strike back at any number of Iranian sponsored attacks none of us would be clearing our government of responsibility.   

No politics.  Donald Trump's loathsomeness transcends politics.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Seems like one heck of a stretch to blame Trump for Iran shooting down an airliner.  (And one that was leaving their own capital, at that.)  

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that if it happened during a Republican administration, at least one poster would be defending it.  

Edited by Larry

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

Seems like one heck of a stretch to blame Trump for Iran shooting down an airliner.  (And one that was leaving their own capital, at that.)  

Trump pretty clearly initiated the open hostilities that led to this. Iranian military owns the error that led to them shooting the plane down, but Trump fully owns the conflict that led to that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2020 at 8:30 PM, Skintime said:

Reports that Iran downed a US jet

Skintime posted this early Tuesday night during the rocket attack... I wonder if Iran was reporting a downed US jet, when they had actually downed the 737?

@Skintime do you know where that report came from? I tried to search Google and Twitter, but couldn’t find anything. Just curious.

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Trump pretty clearly initiated the open hostilities that led to this. Iranian military owns the error that led to them shooting the plane down, but Trump fully owns the conflict that led to that. 

This is how these stupid arguments about why a 1000 year old feud is still going on.  Iran shot down a plane as a result of Trump killing an Iranian that was because Iran attacked a Saudi base and shot down a drone which was because we were in the area stirring the nest because of ISIS which was because ISIS was killing innocent people but they started because we overthrew Saddam which was because we wanted his oil which was because OPEC keeps prices high which was because OPEC nations need money to secure their borders which was because their borders are artificial anyways which was because of imperialism...yadda yadda yadda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Yes he definitely did........ if you discount the rocket attack that killed an American and wounded several others and the Embassy Assault in late December (but let's just pretend those didn't happen).

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Yes he definitely did........ if you discount the rocket attack that killed the an American and wounded several others and the Embassy Assault in December (but lets just pretend those didn't happen).

I do. Because I said open hostilities. This proxy war game had been ongoing for some time and will continue. 

31 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Skintime posted this early Tuesday night during the rocket attack... I wonder if Iran was reporting a downed US jet, when they had actually downed the 737?

@Skintime do you know where that report came from? I tried to search Google and Twitter, but couldn’t find anything. Just curious.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. It was from FXhedge twitter account. They were more updated than most others, though not very reliable with all the information. That I wondered about the next day when they were still trying to determine what happened.

28 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Yes he definitely did........ if you discount the rocket attack that killed the an American and wounded several others and the Embassy Assault in late December (but let's just pretend those didn't happen).

And's let ignore than that he took us out of the nuclear treaty that had at least somewhat contained them, then motivating to further their aggression towards us. trump had nothing to do with that huh?

Edited by Skintime
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Skintime said:

And's let ignore than that he took us out of the nuclear treaty that had at least somewhat contained them, then motivating to further their aggression towards us. trump had nothing to do with that huh?

Is that when you imagine the US conflict with Iran began?  Why draw arbitrary lines that blame others for Iran shooting down a commercial airliner over their own airspace.  Are you afraid Trump will suddenly be viewed a hero if he’s not blamed for everything wrong in the world?  He won’t.

iran did this and they should own it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

So, does your time frame only start when America does something? Time doesn’t start when Iran killed a contractor, set mines on oil tankers, or attacked an embassy? 

• Like 1